[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest arranhs

no its dual sim and like all dual sim phones you have slot 1 which picks up gsm and slot 2 which picks up gsm and data , so if you only have one sim you use slot 2 which as both just like a normal phone, if like me you have a work sim that goes into slot 1 which just picks up calls and texts with no data.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. Ive never been clear on these dual sim phones, but now i understand :D

Guest shuete

sorry but did I say just how good the phone is wow, lol , when I was on chat to merrimobiles I think I ordered on 21st and was told it would ship on 27th , but it actually shipped on 24th, on tracking it still says its awaiting to go on plane in china lol, hope you get yours soon.

So yours was shipped via china air mail, free shipping?

Guest pauljon

Picked phone up had 10 mïns looking at it as I'm at work and all I can say is wow

Could you please test how loud the audio is through headphones, when you have a chance. The G300 is just not loud enough for me, if this is much louder then I will be getting one.

Thanks

Guest bryfly

yes free shipping option via china mail

and did they use sweden post or somebody different? it obviously tracks now as you said it is still in China....lol..........but when did it first track?

Guest jordanclarke69

Right now I'm on:

Tmobile Sim only unlimited mins unlimited texts unlimited data £16pm

EE have offered me unlimited mins unlimited texts 500mb 4g data with a Sony Experia SP £21

This is making me reconsider a Chinese phone if I can get the Sony SP for a £5 a month over 2 years.

Just wondering if anyone thought I should go with this or stick with a V5.

Guest Rico_89

sorry but did I say just how good the phone is wow, lol , when I was on chat to merrimobiles I think I ordered on 21st and was told it would ship on 27th , but it actually shipped on 24th, on tracking it still says its awaiting to go on plane in china lol, hope you get yours soon.

Great news man thank you..

I ordered mine on the 31st and I got an email today, just 4 days after I purchased, saying it has been shipped.. Checked my order status on Merimobile and it says shipped :) ...

I've never rooted a device before,but i asked for root service, if i understood correctly i only need my sd card to install google play, but once the phone arrives i will take your advice and do all that :D ...with help

I checked the Root service box as well when making my purchase and I also asked them to install gapps, and they basically said no problem. They never mentioned anything about an SD card..

Edited by Rico_89

Guest jonmac73

if anyone is after a cheap dual core dual sim 4.7 inch screen , I got 2 of the hero v6888 last week , rooted and installed English rom with all Chinese apps removed and English gapps installed, this phone for £60 delivered is a bargain , a few niggles but good china starter phone.

Any links for where purchased from please ?

I found it at Androidmall.co.uk.

Is it OK ?? am after Android 4+, big screen, half decent camera, WiFi, BT & GPS. Anything else is a bonus. Thinking of Huawei G300 from UK.

Thanks in advance

Edited by jonmac73

Did anyone order the $6.99 case with their V5 from merimobiles?

Just wondering what it was like as there don't seem to be any other cases available apart from leather folding ones.

Guest blaster99999

Any links for where purchased from please ?

I found it at Androidmall.co.uk.

Is it OK ?? am after Android 4+, big screen, half decent camera, WiFi, BT & GPS. Anything else is a bonus. Thinking of Huawei G300 from UK.

Thanks in advance

its £60 mate so don't expect it to have a good camera but its about same as g300 for pic quality everything else is better than g300

http://www.pandawill.com/hero-v6888-smart-phone-android-40-mtk6577-dual-core-3g-gps-47-inch-ips-screen-black-p74583.html

Guest blaster99999

Right now I'm on:

Tmobile Sim only unlimited mins unlimited texts unlimited data £16pm

EE have offered me unlimited mins unlimited texts 500mb 4g data with a Sony Experia SP £21

This is making me reconsider a Chinese phone if I can get the Sony SP for a £5 a month over 2 years.

Just wondering if anyone thought I should go with this or stick with a V5.

Go for the T-Mobile sim and a v5 that's what I would do, can't see point of we offering 4g high speed with only 500 mb a month just my thoughts .

Guest tillaz

can't see point of we offering 4g high speed with only 500 mb a month just my thoughts .

lol exactly.. and that could all be gone in less than 3 mins if your where to watch a 1080p video on YouTube... 4G in the UK is a rip off :(

Guest ChrisPNE

Did anyone order the $6.99 case with their V5 from merimobiles?

Just wondering what it was like as there don't seem to be any other cases available apart from leather folding ones.

I seem to remember a question being asked on Merimobiles about the case with the answer being it was a hard case.

lol exactly.. and that could all be gone in less than 3 mins if your where to watch a 1080p video on YouTube... 4G in the UK is a rip off :(

Given the speeds available on HSDPA does it really matter for now?

Guest tillaz

Given the speeds available on HSDPA does it really matter for now?

that's exactly what i think about 4G at the moment...

i'm on T-mobile on my nexus 4 and pay £5 a month for unlimited internet (no contract)

i get full signal on H+ which gives me download speeds of around 900Kb/s to 1MB/s

when they offer a deal like this on 4G i will be interested, but still would be put off by how much battery LTE uses ...

Guest blaster99999

I only get 500 mb a month allowance and for surfing emailing its plenty, but no good for YouTube or downloads

Guest deuse

I can't find out any more about this phone but looks like my next phone. Also why does enter not work when i'm posting? Can't post more then one line. edit =It has 4G lite

Edited by deuse

Guest deuse

another thing i have just been looking at...

has anyone noticed that these MTK6589 devices with 2GB RAM (G4 advance / UMI X2) score the same as the 1GB devices in Antutu benchmark ?

they all seem to score around 12800 / 13000

even this one here

http://www.gizchina....-to-go-on-sale/

UMI X2 with 2GB RAM

maxresdefault.jpg

yes I noticed that. And I still cant use return to start a new line aaaahhhhhhhh Thanks for the other link.

Guest kaizoku_san

If you had made this offer before I ordered the v970 I would have definitely gone for it.... But at £60 I might still be interested in one of them :-)

The above was aimed at you blaster99...(forgot to quote via mobile!)

I'm gonna have a look at some specs and vids on youtube, so I'll get back to you whether I take one of them off you.

Reading about the dual sim options, can you tell me if the v970 has 2xmini sim or mini/micro combo? and which of them has data? (if its mini/micro i'm gonna have to go cut up my tmob sim!)

Guest Tamthebam79

Any vids of ur v5 yet blaster99999

? or are you still playing about with it as a would be. Trying to find english speaking vidz are s real pain and am choking to know if they are any good

Edited by Tamthebam79

Guest e45cream

Ordered a rooted v5 with case on the 27th and it shipped on the 1st via Singapore post. Hope to get it soon and will report on the case.

Edited by e45cream

Guest Sere83

Ordered a rooted v5 with case on the 27th and it shipped on the 1st via Singapore post. Hope to get it soon and will report on the case.

Ahh yes exactly the same as me, singapore post too, except no case, where are u based? Be interesting to see who's arrives first...

Edited by Sere83

Guest e45cream

Ahh yes exactly the same as me, singapore post too, except no case, where are u based? Be interesting to see who's arrives first...

Barcelona. The Singapore tracking page gives no useful information as yet.