[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest shuete

did you extract the rar file? (sorry if im being patronising i dont know how much you know)

Nice one :)

no problem yes i can extract, but i cannot install the device on my pc, i'll try one more time

edit: can't get through "adb.rar and click extract here in the menu that comes up

Plug in phone

Once you have do go into that adb folder, " done - " hold shift then right click and press "open command window here" in menu" this part i don't know what to do, if i press shift nothing happens

Edit: if hold shift then right click the message i get is the programme cannot be executed because adbwinapi.dll is missing

Edited by shuete

Guest moorish

I have managed to get firmware.info from my V5.

Hope it's right!

Oops...not allowed to upload files..i 'll get an upload link and pm tillaz

Edited by moorish

Guest tillaz

so for the next part it can be a pain in the arss...

you need to get the phone to install the drivers for the flash tool.. we will be using this to pull the stock recovery.img and flash the new one

so anyone who is interested you will need to turn off your phone and take out the battery, now plug your phone into the PC (without the battery)

and tell me if it starts installing drivers ? if so what ?

(you might actually need the tool installed first, but its worth a try while i wright out instructions for the tool)

Guest shuete

it keeps saying that the programme cannot start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing

i don't understand what went wrong

edit: I officially give up

Edited by shuete

Guest moorish

so for the next part it can be a pain in the arss...

you need to get the phone to install the drivers for the flash tool.. we will be using this to pull the stock recovery.img and flash the new one

so anyone who is interested you will need to turn off your phone and take out the battery, now plug your phone into the PC (without the battery)

and tell me if it starts installing drivers ? if so what ?

(you might actually need the tool installed first, but its worth a try while i wright out instructions for the tool)

just tried this...nothing happened on my phone..no sign of any drivers installing.

Guest ChrisPNE

Has anyone ordered or received the case that is advertised on the Merimobiles' V5 page in the accessories section?

It's not a lot of money but if someone knows it's rubbish there's no point wasting my money on it.

Guest tillaz

once i have the recovery.img no one ever needs to do the above guide again or at all... so we only need one person to finish the above really

(but we will be using the same tool to flash the new recovery so its best to do it anyway so you get the drivers installed)

Guest tillaz

it keeps saying that the programme cannot start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing

i don't understand what went wrong

edit: I officially give up

i think what has happened is that your anti virus on your PC is deleting the file when you extract it.

its ok though we just need the recovery.img now and the rest should be straight forward from there ;)

Guest moorish

been trying to get the recovery image, everything goes fine until the last step. The bar goes red to 100% and then i get error dialogue box stating nand not found.

Tried both with battery in and out a few times.

Guest tillaz

been trying to get the recovery image, everything goes fine until the last step. The bar goes red to 100% and then i get error dialogue box stating nand not found.

Tried both with battery in and out a few times.

yeah, i had the same hassle took me a while to get it to pass the red bar... its the drivers,

can you send me a screenshot of the error its giving you (press ctrl & print sc at the same time then press paste in Microsoft paint)

Edit

i am uploading the V COM drivers now (did you notice this driver installing when you plugged in the phone?)

here are the needed drivers

USB_VCOM_drivers.zip

Guest moorish

yeah, i had the same hassle took me a while to get it to pass the red bar... its the drivers,

can you send me a screenshot of the error its giving you (press ctrl & print sc at the same time then press paste in Microsoft paint)

Edit

i am uploading the V COM drivers now (did you notice this driver installing when you plugged in the phone?)

here are the needed drivers

USB_VCOM_drivers.zip

Thanks for uploading the drivers, It is definatley a driver issue.

Tried the drivers, it says successfully installed, but i am getting code 10, device can not start error. Will keep trying to get the drivers to work.

Guest tillaz

Thanks for uploading the drivers, It is definatley a driver issue.

Tried the drivers, it says successfully installed, but i am getting code 10, device can not start error. Will keep trying to get the drivers to work.

have you rebooted since installing the drivers?

Guest moorish

have you rebooted since installing the drivers?

Yep, many times. Tried removing the devices - reboot - install drivers - same code 10.

Guest tillaz

Yep, many times. Tried removing the devices - reboot - install drivers - same code 10.

when you get the code 10 error open device manager,

is there anything with a yellow triangle showing up ?

Guest moorish

when you get the code 10 error open device manager,

is there anything with a yellow triangle showing up ?

Yes, the meditek preloader and va drivers. tried removing, rebooting and reinstalling. On re-install it cant find the drivers, but i use advanced and browse to correct inf file. once installed i get the code 10, device can not start error.

Will have to try on a different computer. maybe something has gone corrupt on my machine.

Is there any other way of getting the recovery image?

On the vowney forums, there is the orginal rom which i have downloaded. when unrared, there is a bin folder with recovery image file. Would this work?

Guest moorish

only problem is we need to use the same tool to flash the new recovery,

I'll keep trying or see if I can access another machine tomorrow.

@shuete wish you good fortune, hope you can get it sorted tomorrow..damn computers eh..lol

Guest ChrisPNE

I've finally taken the plunge and ordered a V5. I'm hoping a 5 inch display won't be too big a leap from the 4 inch of the G300.

Guest Rico_89

How do you track your item? I got an RB... tracking number from Merimobile but when I go here: http://www.track-trace.com/post and enter my tracking number I get another screen telling me to enter my Item number and verification code. Is this right or am I missing something?

Ah ok I googled China post tracking and then entered my tracking code here: http://www.trackingkit.com/china-post-tracking/ and it seems to still be in China.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest ChrisPNE
Is everyone ordering their V5s from Merimobiles? Looks like I just have! Got impatient and went for DHL delivery!!

I bought from Merimobiles but went for the free delivery. Knowing my luck I'd pay for express and it'd take longer.