[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest bryfly

Woop woop, parcels shown up on tracking in sweden...

http://www.track-trace.com/post

'The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad'

This is the track on one of my packages via Sweden Post so far, the earlier one still did not track...........

05/21/13 order despatched from Merimobile

05/28/13 03:00 PM Order dispatched

05/29/13 05:30 AM Flight departed from origin

05/30/13 02:00 PM Order in transit

06/05/13 07:08 AM Departed from sorting hub

6/5/2013 7:08 AM, Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore, The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

6/10/2013 8:54 AM, MALMO UTR/MMAC, The item has arrived at Posten´s international terminal for sorting and transport abroad.

6/10/2013 9:47 AM, MALMO UTR/MMAC, The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad

Edited by bryfly

Guest Sere83

Awesome news and well worth the double post.. :D

haha yeah, couldn't figure out how to delete!

This is the track on one of my packages via Sweden Post so far, the earlier one still did not track...........

05/21/13 order despatched from Merimobile

05/28/13 03:00 PM Order dispatched

05/29/13 05:30 AM Flight departed from origin

05/30/13 02:00 PM Order in transit

06/05/13 07:08 AM Departed from sorting hub

6/5/2013 7:08 AM, Sweden Post, Direct Link, Singapore, The item has been dispatched from Sweden Post, Direct Link's international terminal for onward transport abroad

6/10/2013 8:54 AM, MALMO UTR/MMAC, The item has arrived at Posten´s international terminal for sorting and transport abroad.

6/10/2013 9:47 AM, MALMO UTR/MMAC, The item has been dispatched from Posten´s international terminal for onward transport abroad

Sweet, what site do you use to track by the way? Seems more in depth than the one I posted. Hopefully won't be long now! :)

Guest bryfly

Sweet, what site do you use to track by the way? Seems more in depth than the one I posted. Hopefully won't be long now! :)

I used 2 different sites to gather that info

http://directlinktrackedplus.com/ this one seems to cover tracking to Singapore from China

http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml then this one Singapore to Sweden

Edited by bryfly

Guest Sere83

I used 2 different sites to gather that info

http://directlinktrackedplus.com/ this one seems to cover tracking to Singapore from China

http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml then this one Singapore to Sweden

Cheers mate, nice one.

If you have a v5 could you do a review or upload some sample pictures or things please??

When mine arrives will definitely do one

Guest tillaz

ok, i have removed the guide for the Vowney V5 from this thread and moved it to its own.

its here now (CWM / ROOT / GAPPS)

http://www.modaco.co...-the-vowney-v5/

bare in mind i wont be over that side of modaco, so if you have a problem send me a PM,

all my reply's will be posted on the thread to avoid me getting the same questions via PM

;)

Guest JetKun

Is anyone willing to do a proper review of the Verne V5 to see its build quality, size of bezel and screen/camera quality? I'm a little sceptical of chinese phones' quality... they can be really good or they can fall apart in minutes or have slight imperfections which lead to a massive problem later on down the line..

Guest dakok

@Tillaz

Great!

Now we can ask Kyan to add that link to OP for all g300 -> Vowney converts to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

Thanks.

Edited by dakok

Guest dakok

@JetKun

don't be sceptical. China phones have excellent quality. If you want to be on a safe side pick brands that are respected in China:

ZTE, Amoi, Huawei, Lenovo or, if you have extra cash, Xiaomi

Guest ChrisPNE

Is anyone willing to do a proper review of the Verne V5 to see its build quality, size of bezel and screen/camera quality? I'm a little sceptical of chinese phones' quality... they can be really good or they can fall apart in minutes or have slight imperfections which lead to a massive problem later on down the line..

I'll write a review of the Vowney when mine arrives.

I'll post some photos of the handset and some sample photos from the V5's camera as well. :)

Just catching up as been away. V5 looks great, almost ready to order one. Anyone got the case for it?

@Tillaz, did you buy one yet or are you waiting for something else? I saw you made CWM guide for it.That is much appreciated!

Guest Sere83

Yeah gonna do a review too, once mine arrives

Guest blaster99999

ive done a youtube video but just cant get it to upload tried 3 times, but a little review of the vowney v5 now ive owned it for over a week. Good points are dual sim , 5 inch 1280/720 ips screen, quad core 1.2ghz , 1 gb ram and 4gb storage. tapered slim bezel , well built no creeking like the g300 very bright screen and very sensitive, android 4.2.1 with sd card default write storage. I like the no nonsense simple design nice touch power and volume buttons, sound is loud and ring tone loud too, battery 2400mah easy lasts a day even with 2 sims and a lot of usage, camera and video is exceptional its perfect clear and very rapid camera will take shots seamlessly and aut focus works well. Bad points not easy to use one handed , back and body of phone slippy no grip, on car Bluetooth hands free mode sometimes cuts to other sim card while your on a call. In call speaker tinny and vibrates and distorts a little, gps first lock I found impossible unless you follow the guide which is posted above , gps now works and locks within 20 seconds , that's it really

Edited by blaster99999

Guest Rico_89

ive done a youtube video but just cant get it to upload tried 3 times,

Make sure your video is under ten minutes.. Or maybe they are very busy right now so you might have better luck later on.. :mellow:

Guest Rico_89

Knock at the door about 30 minutes ago.. Guess what came.. :D

img20130611114835.jpg

Just opened and took a picture with my G300.

UK plug adapter .. wasn't expecting that.. It is rooted and playstore installed :) . The screen protector looks OK so far, completely clear not tinted or anything. Oh it feels solid in hand and it's smoother that you can imagine..a world apart from the G300.

Ordered on the 31st and received on the 11th.

Guest blaster99999

did you order a case with yours , im interested in the quality of the case and how good it fits, but its a quality phone no doughting that.

Guest Costy88031

Knock at the door about 30 minutes ago.. Guess what came.. :D

img20130611114835.jpg

Just opened and took a picture with my G300.

UK plug adapter .. wasn't expecting that.. It is rooted and playstore installed :) . The screen protector looks OK so far, completely clear not tinted or anything. Oh it feels solid in hand and it's smoother that you can imagine..a world apart from the G300.

Ordered on the 31st and received on the 11th.

It's

vowney v5 or what? Please give us more pictures or if you can put same video. Thanks

Edited by Costy88031

Guest kieranswhite

To anyone who has a V5. What did you ask for when adding extra notes to your order?? i.e for play store or for cheaper postage??