[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

corning gorilla glass it not the only kind of hard glass you know

dragontail glass is said to be 6 times stronger than gorilla glass witch is a Japanese brand used in smaptphones,

plus many more brands are just as good http://www.fastcompa...ough-glass-game

the glass the UMI X1 uses will be just as strong as corning gorilla glass as it tempered, it just wont be a well known brand, like most cheaper products from china

but to be fair, even if you knock gorilla glass 2 slightly it can smash, look how easy the iphone and nexus 4 have been cracking,

don't think there is anything better or the same as the jayju 3 or UMI X1 for the price right now, you would have to spend a little more.

to be honest it might be a good idea to wait till the end of the mouth and see what the new MT6589 (quad core) china phones are like

as there supposed to be available the end of January

like the Huawei G520 said to be around £140, qaud core MT6589

http://tech2auto.in/...aunched-at-225/

yea thanks i might just hold out a bit, dont get me wrong he umi sounds great its just the camera sticking out and low battey that puts a downer on it.

yea it does look good. not heard of this eaither.

tilaz which phone are using at the mo.

LG P990 with fully working CM10.1 (4.2.1)

i'm still waiting for the Nexus 4 or the ZTE Grand S, but i'm tempted to buy a budget china phone in the mean time just to mess around with lol

LG P990 with fully working CM10.1 (4.2.1)

i'm still waiting for the Nexus 4 or the ZTE Grand S, but i'm tempted to buy a budget china phone in the mean time just to mess around with lol

yea me too just want somthing decent.

Guest grabster

Got a refund as they stopped answering emails.

Only thing now is I have to start looking all over again,things move fast with these china phones.

They claimed phone was with customs but I think maybe phone was out of stock,otherwise why the silence?

Guest grabster

Gonna give fastcardtech a go this time.

Ordered the umi x1,same price as merimobile but hopefully things will run a bit smoother.

Hopefully tillaz will have more luck than i did with merimobile,seriously not impressed with their lack of communication.

I expect things to be slack when buying from a china company but when they go silent its worrying.

Guest palec69

Gonna give fastcardtech a go this time.

Ordered the umi x1,same price as merimobile but hopefully things will run a bit smoother.

Hopefully tillaz will have more luck than i did with merimobile,seriously not impressed with their lack of communication.

I expect things to be slack when buying from a china company but when they go silent its worrying.

They're actually based in Canada not China.

I had rather unpleasant experience with merimobiles.

I bought a tablet form them last year.The shipment was ok, ordered 18 november and it arrived at my door on the 7-th december. Wolud be faster if not the Irish customs. They got the parcel on 3-rd december and sent me a letter asking for proof of purchase to calculate how much VAT i own them :blink: So i did that. I had to pay 23% VAT and post office charged me as well for that 6Euro (handling fee :angry2: ).Altogether 25Euro extra.

When i got the parcel it had cellar tape on it "opened by customs". They(merimobiles) declared it as a gift worth 20$ but they also wrote its an E-book !!! :blink: thats probably why the customs got suspicious . An E-book worth 20$ would get anybody suspicious i guess.Not really smart of them if you asked me.

Heres the best part, the tablet instead of 1GB of RAM had 512MB, the CPU was 1Ghz instead of 1.5Ghz, it had no HDMI and no dual camera, so basically the description was different from what you actually get in 4 main aspects that you look at when buying a tablet.

In a nutshell after 18 emails they offered me 25% refund for the "inconvenience" :D but at the end i sent it back and got a full refund including post.

Not sure if they deliberately gave wrong info about the tablet or just have no idea what they're selling. They claim each device is tested before shipment.

Anyway i just wasted time with them not to mention that 25Euro VAT and handling fee thanks to their "smart" customs declaration.

I dont think ill ever buy anything from them again <_<

Edited by palec69

Guest Costy88031

Anyone who buy Newman N2 can tell us how the shippment was,if the description are real,how is the sound,the games,the stability of OS,if look like a cheap phone?

It's free shipp risky?

Guest jpoutnik

I have ordered my Newman N2 from Etotalk.com. The phone arrived 7 days after payment (DHL) and everything was as described. The phone is fantastic. Great display, nice and fast system, very good camera (that is for a phone). All the apps that I use and need do work very well.

Jiri

I have ordered my Newman N2 from Etotalk.com. The phone arrived 7 days after payment (DHL) and everything was as described. The phone is fantastic. Great display, nice and fast system, very good camera (that is for a phone). All the apps that I use and need do work very well.

Jiri

how does it compare with the g300, does the camera at the back stick out, also let me know how the battery performs. thanks

Guest Costy88031

Jiri

Thanks for the answer.

How much you pay?Where you from?

Also let me know how the battery performs.

Thanks

Edited by Costy88031

Guest jpoutnik

I'm from the Czech Republic.

The camera lens stands out by approx. 1mm, maybe even less.

I have had a HTC Evo 3d, and the N2 is way better. I can use it much more and it still lasts late into the night. I get 14-24h with 2 to 3h hours screen time, with WiFi on half of the time and data on all the time. I would say I get 75-100% more...

I can not compare it with my wife's G300 as she has completely different usage habits. She only calls, texts and sometimes takes a photo or checks emails.