[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Costy88031

I'm from the Czech Republic.

The camera lens stands out by approx. 1mm, maybe even less.

I have had a HTC Evo 3d, and the N2 is way better. I can use it much more and it still lasts late into the night. I get 14-24h with 2 to 3h hours screen time, with WiFi on half of the time and data on all the time. I would say I get 75-100% more...

I can not compare it with my wife's G300 as she has completely different usage habits. She only calls, texts and sometimes takes a photo or checks emails.

Another question:Newman N2 it's thinner or thicker, harder or easier than G300?

I want to make idea about how it is in hand

Thanks

Edited by Costy88031

Guest jpoutnik

The N2 is of similar thickness as the G300, but it has very slightly more protruding camera (half a milimetr? one milimetr?). For me the feel of the body materials on N2 is better. The viewing angles are better also on the N2.

Guest Costy88031

But about UMI X1 can somebody tell me something?Did anyone ordered?I want Newman N2 but i don't have enough money and UMI X1 looks better in specifications

But about UMI X1 can somebody tell me something?Did anyone ordered?I want Newman N2 but i don't have enough money and UMI X1 looks better in specifications

i ordered one for my dad, its not arrived yet though

Guest Costy88031

i ordered one for my dad, its not arrived yet though

What shipping method you choose?How much days you waiting for?How much you pay?Wich site you ordered?When you have the phone maybe you tell me your impression

Lots of new china phones are going to be released very soon, so if you can save your money until them, I recommend you do. Here's a good list of some cheap phones coming out soon:

Jiayu G4:

g4pm4.jpg

• Quad Core 1.2 GHz Mediatek MT6589 CPU
  • SGX544 GPU
  • 2 versions available (standard & flagship editions)
  • 1-2 GB RAM*
  • 1800-3000mah battery*
  • 4.7 inch IPS 720p Display (312ppi) (Resolution 1280x720)
  • 13 MP rear camera & 3 MP front camera
  • 4-32 GB storage* (also expandable)
  • Dual Sim
  • OGS, Corning Gorilla Glass
  • Android 4.1 Jellybean
  • Antutu Score: 12898
  • Costs only $160** in the Chinese market (That's the exact same price as the Jiayu G3's launch price)
  • *Depending what version you buy
  • **Standard edition price

UMI X2 (On the right)

Umi-x2-vs-x1.jpg

• Quad Core MT6985 1.2 GHz
    • 5 inch HD 1920x1050 display (440ppi)
    • 13 MP Camera with dual flash
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 32 GB of internal storage
    • 10.2 mm thick
    • 2500 mah battery
    • Android 4.1 Jellybean
    • $240 in the Chinese market

...And I will post any other phones I find ;)

Edited by kyan31

Bloody hell. I think the Nexus 4 has really changed the pricing game we'll be seeing from now on with top end Android devices... Now China are going to drop prices as low as possible with the clones. Excellent! I'm at that point where every potential purchase is going to be eclipsed by new hardware within months if not weeks of purchasing, mobile development is moving so fast. As soon as the clones move towards N4 pricing, though, I'm put off and think "I might aswell buy an N4". I think an Nexus 4 will be my next purchase this year.

Bloody hell. I think the Nexus 4 has really changed the pricing game we'll be seeing from now on with top end Android devices... Now China are going to drop prices as low as possible with the clones. Excellent! I'm at that point where every potential purchase is going to be eclipsed by new hardware within months if not weeks of purchasing, mobile development is moving so fast. As soon as the clones move towards N4 pricing, though, I'm put off and think "I might aswell buy an N4". I think an Nexus 4 will be my next purchase this year.

Yeah, they are getting better and better everyday :)

P.s None of the phones are "clones"

I too was shopping around china phones. Started with g3 due to all the hype surrounding it. It was a big mistake, as it is probably any mtk 6577 based phone. The phone was literally choking on hd display and could not do anything right. I am not talking latest games here - I could not even type a message without dropping every fourth char. Don't forget they all pack first gen gpu, sgx531. Newman n2 on the other hand, has Mali400mp, which is 3rd gen gpu. We are talking about exponential performance ratio between the two. I too I have set my sights to nexus 4, which is still ubeatable by any chinese Device, unless you care about Swappable batt and expandable storage. While waiting for my nexus to arrive, I ordered Freelander i20 and sold my G3 on ebay. Make no mistake about it, it was best 50eur upgrade ever. It's pretty damn good phone - until you take nexus 4 In your hand, like I did today;)

Guest neologan

looking closely at this thread, these chinese phones are amazing, just got to pick one around £120, any suggestions?

btw, is the ZTE V955 a newer, better phone than the V970?

Edited by neologan

Guest neologan

Lots of new china phones are going to be released very soon, so if you can save your money until them, I recommend you do. Here's a good list of some cheap phones coming out soon:

Jiayu G4:

g4pm4.jpg

• Quad Core 1.2 GHz Mediatek MT6589 CPU
  • SGX544 GPU
  • 2 versions available (standard & flagship editions)
  • 1-2 GB RAM*
  • 1800-3000mah battery*
  • 4.7 inch IPS 720p Display (312ppi) (Resolution 1280x720)
  • 13 MP rear camera & 3 MP front camera
  • 4-32 GB storage* (also expandable)
  • Dual Sim
  • OGS, Corning Gorilla Glass
  • Android 4.1 Jellybean
  • Antutu Score: 12898
  • Costs only $160** in the Chinese market (That's the exact same price as the Jiayu G3's launch price)
  • *Depending what version you buy
  • **Standard edition price

UMI X2 (On the right)

Umi-x2-vs-x1.jpg

• Quad Core MT6985 1.2 GHz
    • 5 inch HD 1920x1050 display (440ppi)
    • 13 MP Camera with dual flash
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 32 GB of internal storage
    • 10.2 mm thick
    • 2500 mah battery
    • Android 4.1 Jellybean
    • $240 in the Chinese market

...And I will post any other phones I find ;)

Erm, both these phones on MeriMobiles are double those prices?

Erm, both these phones on MeriMobiles are double those prices?

That's why I wrote "in the Chinese market". And anyway, if it really is double the price, your looking on the wrong website :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest grabster

Did anyone ever manage to track a phone using fastcardtechs tracking numbers ?

Frustrating to say the least.

Ordered the umix1,in black,got email to say it had shipped then next day another email to say only white left and would i take that instead.

Agreed to the white one,got email to say was with shipping company,"china dhl" ???

Tried the tracking number without sucess ,contacted support only to be emailed back with "sorry,out of stock".

Is this the norm when buying from china cos i dont think i will want to go through all this again.

Guest blaster99999

think most of the china retailers are a bit of a shocker, merimobiles running my a merry dance at the moment with a zte v955 order, was told dispatch would be yesterday but still awaiting forfillment

think most of the china retailers are a bit of a shocker, merimobiles running my a merry dance at the moment with a zte v955 order, was told dispatch would be yesterday but still awaiting forfillment

yeah, there is something going on at merrimoblies... after 9 days they still had not sent my order, and they are now on holiday from the 1st of feb to the 18th...

i just got a refund via Paypal as i can not wait that long

and placed a new order at >> www.etotalk.com

got two of these for my parents as they wanted a biger screen

http://etotalk.com/z...cdma_p3421.html

apparently they only take holidays from the 9th to the 13th and since my order was placed today, hopfully it wont be affected

Guest blaster99999

yeah, there is something going on at merrimoblies... after 9 days they still had not sent my order, and they are now on holiday from the 1st of feb to the 18th...

i just got a refund via Paypal as i can not wait that long

and placed a new order at >> www.etotalk.com

got two of these for my parents as they wanted a biger screen

http://etotalk.com/z...cdma_p3421.html

apparently they only take holidays from the 9th to the 13th and since my order was placed today, hopfully it wont be affected

How did I you manage to get PayPal to refund you.also did you order both your new phones on same order to save on shipping cost

Edited by blaster99999

Guest grabster

I also had problems with merimobile so i cancelled the order and raised a dispute with paypal and hey presto...refund.

Reordered with fastcardtech and item has shipped from the 5th so maybe it will be here soon.

How did I you manage to get PayPal to refund you.also did you order both your new phones on same order to save on shipping cost

just find the payment for the phone on your Paypal account and click on "details" then at the bottom of the new page there should be a button to resolve a problem

i have also just got a refund from the place a mentioned on the other page as they emailed me saying it wont be shipped until the 19th...

as all couriers in china are on holiday from the 2nd till the 19th, so i'm just going to wait till after then to re-order, and probably from fastcardtech

Guest hecatae
Did anyone ever manage to track a phone using fastcardtechs tracking numbers ?

Frustrating to say the least.

Ordered the umix1,in black,got email to say it had shipped then next day another email to say only white left and would i take that instead.

Agreed to the white one,got email to say was with shipping company,"china dhl" ???

Tried the tracking number without sucess ,contacted support only to be emailed back with "sorry,out of stock".

Is this the norm when buying from china cos i dont think i will want to go through all this again.

Fast card tech and China DHL lost my device and refused to replace or refund, I hope your phone arrives

Guest grabster

So do i...

It appears that although i chose dhl that its actually coming with ems instead,thats why the tracking number didnt work.

The phone is listed as being in beijing.

The small print does state that they may use different courier during holiday season.

Gotta be impressed with the chinglish though.