[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest tillaz

@Frankish

was your xiaocai x9 shipped today? i ordered another for my daughter a couple of days ago and just got an email today with tracking number

post-913969-0-41099300-1377633296_thumb.

Guest tillaz

Their 'no refunds policy' and the fact you have to pay $30 'replacement fee' if they do decide to replace your item.

from their site also:

Customer will be responsible for a $30 fee for replacements.

*Shipping cost for all repairs, replacements, or wrong items must be paid by the customer.

Refunds

ALL SALES ARE FINAL

We do not offer any refunds at anytime. If the unit is defective then we may offer to repair it or replace it.

If a unit is sent back without approval, then it will be returned to the customer.

this is why you should pay via paypal, then dealsprime "reserve the right" to jack s*** lol,

paypal actually do reserve the right to take money out off there bank should they need to refund you, and even take legal action

got to admit though there polices are laughable... never noticed them util now, but my experiences with them have been good so far

Guest apple2005
anyone know that site where people where actually able to track there items from china ? the one thats provided has never worked for me,

I have seen on several occasions that first they provide a fake tracking number to pass the time so that they will get the item then they will provide the actual tracking number. I think some of the stores just take orders first then they acquire the item to be shifted to you.

You can't assign a tracking number to your buy. It should be handed over to the shipper then they will assign a tracking number. Then you can check online through the shipper website or other tracking websites.

Edited by apple2005

I was reading today on local forum about ERoot, an universal root tool for

any phone (MTK included). Did some reading and it seems that it does the job

properly. It is a chinese app, but so simple that you dont need a translation.

No reports on any harm, too.

Interestingly, bootloader does not have to be unlocked :)

Edited by dakok

Guest tillaz

I have seen on several occasions that first they provide a fake tracking number to pass the time so that they will get the item then they will provide the actual tracking number. I think some of the stores just take orders first then they acquire the item to be shifted to you.

that's not a good idea for them as after 30 days off not receiving the item paypal will issue you a refund..

and if they really only sent it a week ago or something you will end up with the phone for free.

You can't assign a tracking number to your buy. It should be handed over to the shipper then they will assign a tracking number. Then you can check online through the shipper website or other tracking websites.

not sure i understand what you mean here,

but tracking numbers are included with the postage (if paid for) that's why you receive the tracking number from the company

after the item shipped as its part of your receipt, like my post above, ordered Friday got the tracking number today as it shipped today

Guest Costy88031

I was reading today on local forum about ERoot, an universal root tool for

any phone (MTK included). Did some reading and it seems that it does the job

properly. It is a chinese app, but so simple that you dont need a translation.

No reports on any harm, too.

Interestingly, bootloader does not have to be unlocked :)

In used this to root my Lenovo A820 wich is MTK http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-Auto-Root-MTK6589-One-click-root and I see that have many good reports from users with different devices Edited by Costy88031

Guest Degurney

@Frankish

was your xiaocai x9 shipped today? i ordered another for my daughter a couple of days ago and just got an email today with tracking number

Hi... where did you order from? I`m looking at getting a couple of these :)

thanks man

Darren

Guest metal.mickey

newman k1a delivered. its a beaut.

can anyone direct me to a rooting guide and cwm install? have changed lang to english but no gapps

Guest Frankish
@Frankish

Not yet no! At least I haven't received an email with any notification or tracking number. They haven't responded to two emails sent so far too I'm really not sure what to do probably stop being impatient and just give them chance. It's just 5 days since I ordered now. And more concerning that you have ordered again and got a tracking number even if it doesn't work!

@Degurney He ordered from DealsPrime and so did I.

Edited by Frankish

Guest tillaz

Not yet no! At least I haven't received an email with any notification or tracking number. They haven't responded to two emails sent so far too I'm really not sure what to do probably stop being impatient and just give them chance. It's just 5 days since I ordered now. And more concerning that you have ordered again and got a tracking number even if it doesn't work!

@Degurney He ordered from DealsPrime and so did I.

my tracking numbers have never worked for free shipping from china, they just randomly got delivered two week later,

only time i ever had a working tracking number was when i used DHL but that was also the only time i ever had to pay customs... so wont be doing that again lol

even the one i ordered from merimobiles (THL W200 tracking number) does not work

post-913969-0-95565500-1377652126_thumb.

Guest Ascend

Just rooted and installed CWM on my Cubot GT99. Very simple and no problems. Had the phone for a few weeks now and can highly recommend it.

Found instructions below..

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/07/31/how-to-root-cubot-gt99-mtk6589-quad-core-smart-phone/#.Uh20NBvUmSp

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2013/07/31/cwm-recovery-mode-for-cubot-gt99/#.Uh2z-RvUmSo

Guest Frankish

my tracking numbers have never worked for free shipping from china, they just randomly got delivered two week later,

only time i ever had a working tracking number was when i used DHL but that was also the only time i ever had to pay customs... so wont be doing that again lol

even the one i ordered from merimobiles (THL W200 tracking number) does not work

I don't have an issue with tracking numbers not working at all that's not an issue. My issue is lack of replies to emails and no shipping confirmation. Concerns me you have had yours. I ordered Thursday late night.

Me too lost my money with dealsprime, It's a scam site!

Tillaz got his stuff though what happened to you?

Guest apple2005
Ooh.....looks like Google have just dropped the price of the Nexus 4 til 159/199 pounds. At that price, is it even worth considering a chinese phone?

Well, unless you just don't have 159/199 of course.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_4_16_GB?id=nexus_4_16gb&hl=en_GB

Even with this price, I will buy a Chinese phone. It depends upon one's choices of specs.

Who cares for Google phones?

Why?

Because I won´t get this answer from any chinese manufacturer:

Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.

We're working to bring devices to more countries as quickly as possible.

Please check back again soon.

( I can even get google play apps through MIUI market app :))

Edited by dakok

Guest Frankish

All sorts of reasons for still buying a china phone including the fact I bought mine as a toy/spare with a target price of under £100. It I spent an extra 70 quid I would expect to be using it as my main phone!

Even if my first experience doesn't seem to be going too well so far!!

We'll update... I sent an email saying I wish to cancel order and have a refund and they are now sending it out today and getting a "tracking" number to me ha ha. Happy now.

Edited by Frankish

Guest apple2005
All sorts of reasons for still buying a china phone including the fact I bought mine as a toy/spare with a target price of under £100. It I spent an extra 70 quid I would expect to be using it as my main phone!

Even if my first experience doesn't seem to be going too well so far!!

We'll update... I sent an email saying I wish to cancel order and have a refund and they are now sending it out today and getting a "tracking" number to me ha ha. Happy now.

Many congratulations. But I didn't buy my one as a spare or toy phone. And my zopo 950 plus is much better than the so called known brands.

Edited by apple2005

Guest Maringer

The lack of SD card expansion for the Nexus 4 rules it out for me. Good price, however, for a powerful device.

My F1 is also the first dual-sim phone I've owned and, although it hasn't proven too useful yet, dual-sim support is something that the Nexus doesn't offer at present.