[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Maringer

wow my HK post tracking number is actually now working... even if it is useless lol

not exactly sure what this means, arrived in the uk?

post-913969-0-78686400-1378263724_thumb.

When I received a package from HK Post, it was delivered by Parcelforce and the number you show appears to be a Parcelforce tracking number.

Although it is around a couple of months since I got my phone, I have to say I can't remember whether my tracking number actually became trackable or not at any point! Have a feeling that you will only be able to track the package at the point where it has entered the UK and been checked into the Parcelforce system. Of course, by this time, it is within a day or two of delivery anyway so I'm not sure how useful the tracking number is.

Edited by Maringer

yeah, i currently have H+ on the nexus 4, i get around 1MBs which is fast enough,

Just tested H+ network speed on zte v987:

Test Date: Sep 4, 2013 11:20:49 AM

Connection Type: Cell

Server: Zagreb

Download: 11490 kbps

Upload: 2258 kbps

Ping: 40 ms

570651607.png

Kyan:

China phones are prone to

having software faults on release date, usually with GPS etc.

Same goes to south korean phones, except for few high class models.

But, on the other hand, top class chinese phones do not have much faults, either (non-mtk ones)

Edited by dakok

I bought ET100 phone today.

Paid it 129 AUD which turns out to be $117 (conversion AUD -> HRK -> USD) or 75 GBP.

4.5" 960x540 245ppi, MTK6589 1/4Gb

http://www.et139.com/et100.php

It is "baidu internet phone", with baidu 4.2 rom.

It has MIUI v5 rom at miui.com

Bathing

Specifications (not official)

It says that it has Glonass antenna and f/2.0 camera (amazing for this price!)

I think this is the cheapest MTK6589 phone, In China it is $130.

I paid it $117

Nice, huh?

Manufacturer

ET brand is a brand new one, less than 2 months old. It sells in china as baidu phone (something like google phone :))

So it shouldn`t be bad...

Interesting, have you found any user comments? I suppose the Baidu rom should give a slick user experience and English support? Is it also updated regularly? I guess it might be difficult to find a protective case for it..

Guest george109

i hate t-mobiles restrictions... i only get those fast speeds after 12pm till 4pm because the 1GB data they give is used in less than 15mins

which then restricts your speeds inbetween those hours.

with 3 there is a tariff which lets you use unlimited data, no restrictions or FUP.

You should go onto giffgaff - for £12 a month you can get 250 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and unlimited data. - you can join up here

I have used them for 9 months. they are reallly good and they run on o2 so you get good signal and service.

Edited by george109

Interesting, have you found any user comments? I suppose the Baidu rom should give a slick user experience and English support? Is it also updated regularly? I guess it might be difficult to find a protective case for it..

Official accessories

http://et139.isaphon...tegory.php?id=1 (hard case is near 1 GBP)

More advertisements

I can´t find cases, even at aliexpress, but guess there will be some, since it is a fresh model.

P.S.

ET100 bought 02.09. at focalprice,

today: status - shipped, got tracking number, too. :)

Nice, by now.

Edited by dakok

Official accessories

http://et139.isaphon...tegory.php?id=1 (hard case is near 1 GBP)

More advertisements

I can´t find cases, even at aliexpress, but guess there will be some, since it is a fresh model.

P.S.

Nice, by now.

The official pages are really slow for me to load. Does it reference anywhere that the rear camera is actually f2.0 , or was that just in the unofficial specs that you posted earlier?

Yes, 2Mpix it is.

Slow connection over here too, now

Sorry I meant was there any official confirmation that the rear camera was a f/2.0 large aperture lens?

Unofficial specs "2.0 megapixel front, rear 8 megapixel autofocus camera, Normal, Panorama, Continuous, face recognition, F/2.0 large aperture,"

Sorry, I didn´t notice the "f" letter.

No word about f/2.0 camera at official website.

But it is possible that they skipped it, nothing unusual for a chinese manufacturer.

My phone´s official page doesn´t say anything about chatacteristics it actually has:

oleophobic glass

tempered (hard) scratch proof glass

H+ network speed

Edited by dakok

wow my HK post tracking number is actually now working... even if it is useless lol

Is that your THL W200 ?? Do let us know if the GPS works properly when you get it!!

Just tested H+ network speed on zte v987:

Test Date: Sep 4, 2013 11:20:49 AM

Connection Type: Cell

Server: Zagreb

Download: 11490 kbps

Upload: 2258 kbps

Ping: 40 ms

570651607.png

yeah, the speed of H+ depends on your network and location, I've seen people get even higher on 3 with DC-HSPA,

what net work are you on?

Is that your THL W200 ?? Do let us know if the GPS works properly when you get it!!

nope, that one is the other xiaocai x9 i ordered,

the THL W200 has been in england for a few days now though so i expect delivery to be any time now :)

Nice, by now.

Just wondering why you bought the ET100 when you have the ZTE v987? What does it offer you that the ZTE doesn't?

Guest Ironandroid

Focalprice. They have 9% discount until 10th september for it.

Mcbub has it, too

I set the price in australian dollars which turned out to be cheaper than in USD.

If I were fast I could fish it for $106 (AUD -> USD) at geekbuying two days ago but they raised the price.

Sorry mate i checked focalprice but could not find this phone. How did you search it ? Thx

@rob4x4:

No wonders :)

My wife was after my v987, so I promised to buy her a nice phone. If she doesn´t like it,

we switch. Or something :). There are kids, too - so plenty of options...

@irondroid:

Android phones - Refine by brand - Isa

(it is a new product and they didn´t update their database for search, it happens at other sellers, too)

http://dynamic.focalprice.com/categorylist/004001?attr_brand=isa

ISA ET T45/ET100 4.5"

Although is is listed as ISA, it is the ET brand, actually. Same company, though.

It moves:

The item (RTxxxxxxxxxHK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 5-Sep-2013

Tillaz, when did the store send it?

Guest Ironandroid

thank you very much mate. Now a question for everybody: has anyone received a tracking number starting with hk and ending with cn ? because i got one claimed to be for hk post (impossibile as they start with r and end with hk). when checked on china post answer is no item. i think it is a fake tracking number

It moves:

The item (RTxxxxxxxxxHK) is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 5-Sep-2013

Tillaz, when did the store send it?

before this update it said was posted on the 28th of august .

thank you very much mate. Now a question for everybody: has anyone received a tracking number starting with hk and ending with cn ? because i got one claimed to be for hk post (impossibile as they start with r and end with hk). when checked on china post answer is no item. i think it is a fake tracking number

yes I have the same tracking number, ali express ask customers to report false tracking number, cannot find a method to do it on their site, have you reported it?

Guest Ironandroid

thanks for your reply. no i do not know how to report. as matter of facts i was pm with another member on this aspects. my experience with email to aliexpress is negative as they never answered me back. open to any suggestion from everybody

Guest apple2005
thanks for your reply. no i do not know how to report. as matter of facts i was pm with another member on this aspects. my experience with email to aliexpress is negative as they never answered me back. open to any suggestion from everybody

I tried from my mobile but it's difficult from mobile. I will try later on from my laptop when I reach home. Will inform you later.

Guest Ironandroid

did you pay via paypal

no i used a prepaid credit card but i do not think refounding is going to be a problem,.I have cancelled orders before and got my money back. as long as you do not press the confirm order option the seller is not paid by aliexpress so no problem. 30 bucks is not a big deal anyhow but i am willing to go all the way to keep scammers out of the way