[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

All I can say is whatever phone I get, I will be making a custom ROM for it :)

I can't wait for a quad core powered Lightning ROM :P

Guest twrock

Easily done on the MTK based phones. And if you can handle Chinese, there is so much information/mods/hacks/roms out there already to "rip" stuff from.

Guest kyan31

Easily done on the MTK based phones. And if you can handle Chinese, there is so much information/mods/hacks/roms out there already to "rip" stuff from.

I'll probably buy a jiayu G4 or a sheng x7. Are those MTK based?

Guest PCTechRoss

I can't wait for a quad core powered Lightning ROM :P

Cough* Huawei honor 2

- Reason.. I'm looking to get this phone and a custom lightning........ omg!!!!!

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest kyan31

Cough* Huawei honor 2

- Reason.. I'm looking to get this phone and a custom lightning........ omg!!!!!

Haha I would love to develop, but that phone is very pricey compared to other phones. I could get a chinese phone with flagship specs, at half the price. And I can't really trust huawei anymore after having a G300 :P

Guest PCTechRoss

Haha I would love to develop, but that phone is very pricey compared to other phones. I could get a chinese phone with flagship specs, at half the price. And I can't really trust huawei anymore after having a G300 :P

Hmm true.. im stuck on what phone to get next really but as you say it defo has to be a quad core

Guest kyan31

Hmm true.. im stuck on what phone to get next really but as you say it defo has to be a quad core

Well I will either be getting a Jiayu G4, or a sheng X7. I really can't decide between the two lol, I keep on saying i'm getting an X7, then a G4, etc.

I will probably end up going with the G4 as it is well known, at has a lot of development. It's easier to get your hands on one too :)

Guest PCTechRoss

Well I will either be getting a Jiayu G4, or a sheng X7. I really can't decide between the two lol, I keep on saying i'm getting an X7, then a G4, etc.

I will probably end up going with the G4 as it is well known, at has a lot of development. It's easier to get your hands on one too :)

I had a look at them both last night and I would defo say get the G4 with 2g ram, its nice looking to I might even get one myself

Guest kyan31

I had a look at them both last night and I would defo say get the G4 with 2g ram, its nice looking to I might even get one myself

That's the spirit ;)

Guest tillaz

be prepared when ordering your phones from china... 7 refunds and two month later the phones i ordered for my parents have finally shipped lol

ended up going back to merrimobiles who still took a week to actually ship them, but they have been shipped as of today :)

reason i came back to merrimobiles after having 3 separate refunds from them

was the fact that when i asked for a refund they gave me it straight away with no questions asked...

​the other 4 company's made it hard to get refunded, taking all sorts of s*** to me, saying the time of my refund depended on my country

and only actually refunded me after been threatened with Paypal...

so my advice would be to use fastcardtech or merrimobiles, and don't expect to be told if your device is really in stock or not,

just get a refund if its not been shipped after 2 weeks... getting phones from china can be a big pain in the arss in my experience,

although it might just of been the time of year i tried to get them (Chinese new year)

Guest PCTechRoss

be prepared when ordering your phones from china... 7 refunds and two month later the phones i ordered for my parents have finally shipped lol

ended up going back to merrimobiles who still took a week to actually ship them, but they have been shipped as of today :)

reason i came back to merrimobiles after having 3 separate refunds from them

was the fact that when i asked for a refund they gave me it straight away with no questions asked...

​the other 4 company's made it hard to get refunded, taking all sorts of s*** to me, saying the time of my refund depended on my country

and only actually refunded me after been threatened with Paypal...

so my advice would be to use fastcardtech or merrimobiles, and don't expect to be told if your device is really in stock or not,

just get a refund if its not been shipped after 2 weeks... getting phones from china can be a big pain in the arss in my experience,

although it might just of been the time of year i tried to get them (Chinese new year)

Oh damn.. fastcardtech is what I was going to use anyway

Guest twrock

I'm probably getting a black Jiayu G4 :D

http://www.ejiayu.com/Product-20.html

Yep, MTK based. It is a good looking phone. Very similar to the G2 in style. I really hope they have the OGS manufacturing completely resolved. I suspect that they do, or the market is going to go ballistic.

I still don't have my new phone. Three weeks and counting. :angry:

Guest kieranswhite

the g4 only has a 1800 mah battery so i dont think the battery will be great considering that it's quad core with a 4.7 " screen?

Guest kyan31
the g4 only has a 1800 mah battery so i dont think the battery will be great considering that it's quad core with a 4.7 " screen?

There is also a 3000mah version :)

Guest kyan31

wow that S1's specs are even better although I personally wouldn't go any bigger than 4.7 for a screen size

I don't think the S1 will be at the same price point though, to be honest I would never pay more than £170 for a Chinese made phone. This is only because I could add an extra £50 and get a Nexus :P

Guest kyan31

Do you know if the phone is out yet?

It will be out in April I recommend waiting around 3 weeks after launch before buying it. If you wait for the stock to get higher, the phone usually gets a lot cheaper. That's what happened with the Jiayu G3, it used to be $160 at FCT, but now it's about $120-130.

Guest PCTechRoss

I don't think the S1 will be at the same price point though, to be honest I would never pay more than £170 for a Chinese made phone. This is only because I could add an extra £50 and get a Nexus :P

Good point (Y) although the only thing i don't like about the nexus is no SD slot, if it had one i would already have that phone... when are Google going to learn