[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Looks like Paul has bought a ZTE V967 judging by his twitter! Likely to boost sales if he has good words to say about it.

V976s - that's just like my v987, only with lower resolution

and camera is 5Mpix. And OTG perhaps.

Everything else is the same.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Yea you cant buy the nexus in belgium the cheapest you can buy it here is: €450 (£380) You can import it from the netherlands for about €350 wich is still more then you payed on launch day. Hardware/Price i think the MI2s still is the best choice, its a shame i dont know anyone who still has an old android device laying around so i dont have to use the iphone 3G because its making me want to tair my hair out :P

if you go to google's store:

Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.

We're working to bring devices to more countries as quickly as possible.

Please check back again soon.

My Xiaocai X9 just came. Dead on 2 weeks after they posted it which I think is good. It's on charge now but is a beautiful sleek looking thing.

Glad to hear that - for you and also selfishly because I ordered my Haier W910 from dealsprime and was getting a little worried that a few days on the order is still only "in progress". :)

That was 18 calendar days or about 12 working days - right?

Edited by dalyer

Guest Frankish

Almost 19 calendar days in total. Took 4 or 5 days from ordering for them to post then came exactly 2 weeks from posting to arrival.

Phone is amazing the screen is fantastic its very light yet feels of decent quality the Cai OS isn't as awful as I imagined although I still want AOSP on it. Great phone for 96 quid!

Can't figure out how to disable the network speed notification though!

Edited by Frankish

Hello, I just received my zte v987, and I have a pb, the phone completely off instead of going to sleep (this happens quite often).

Received Rooted, rto2c.com rom, nothing installed, apart from the sd card.

If you know where it comes from. Thank you.

Guest ChrisPNE

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Only few countries are supported by play store in Europe. Those are UK, France, Spain and Germany. Device has to be shipped to an address in one of those countries and order has to be made from those countries(that part you can work around with proxies but address part you can't). PO boxes and military addresses aren't supported. So be lucky you can buy N4 so cheaply the rest of us has to pay a lot more.

My friend works for a company that can have packages delivered to a UK address and then forwarded to your address. That would be an option for you.

Hello, I just received my zte v987, and I have a pb, the phone completely off instead of going to sleep (this happens quite often).

Received Rooted, rto2c.com rom, nothing installed, apart from the sd card.

If you know where it comes from. Thank you.

Flash another rom. Do you have cwm on?

(press vol+ and power button together for more than 10 seconds)

If you have it, you can flash MIUI or Lewa roms - find them in my sig.

Guest Frankish

Not sure if this is even possible never seen this before but my Xiaocai X9 has a 1800mah battery apparently. It's been on from a full charge for 6 hours, screen on time is 3 hours and 20 minutes as I watched apple event live updates and YouTube stuff. Battery still 54% disgustingly good!!

Tillaz can you report similar?

In case anyone is interested the WCDMA version (International version) of the Xiaomi Hongmi (Red Rice) phone is due to launch at the end of September. No word yet as to which 3G frequencies it will support or if it will still retail at $130 (the price of the China only version).

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/09/09/wcdma-xiaomi-hongmi-will-launch-end-september/

Phone is amazing the screen is fantastic its very light yet feels of decent quality the Cai OS isn't as awful as I imagined although I still want AOSP on it. Great phone for 96 quid!

Can't figure out how to disable the network speed notification though!

settings / traffic manager

press the menu button and select "set"

turn off "currant flow"

Not sure if this is even possible never seen this before but my Xiaocai X9 has a 1800mah battery apparently. It's been on from a full charge for 6 hours, screen on time is 3 hours and 20 minutes as I watched apple event live updates and YouTube stuff. Battery still 54% disgustingly good!!

Tillaz can you report similar?

yeah, i noticed the battery life has been very good for the size of the battery, with light usage i have passed two days.

I like it... I use a 4s as my main phone ha ha.

You read my battery post Tillaz?

so did i until i found out its way over priced...

its a shame because i wanted to get another iphone (had the 4 when it first came out)

@Tillaz and Frankish. How is the GPS on the Xiaocai X9?

Do you get a solid lock in Google Maps, or does the blue arrow wander about a bit, like some other people have experienced on MediaTek phones?

haha apple and their apparent "budget" iphone 5c is far from budget at £469... this company makes me laugh...

http://store.apple.c...iphone/iphone5c

Does the Chancellor know about this http://store.apple.c...iphone/iphone5c $549, or is it just Apple's shonky arithmetic again?

How do they think they can get into the Chinese market at US$773? must be Apple's shonky &c...

Meanwhile in Shanzhai land ....

Edited by akarana

Guest Frankish
@Tillaz and Frankish. How is the GPS on the Xiaocai X9?

Do you get a solid lock in Google Maps, or does the blue arrow wander about a bit, like some other people have experienced on MediaTek phones?

Not tested yet and the best I can manage is the quick 5 mile drive home in morning. I'll let you know as soon as I have tested.

Guest Frankish

Didn't get chance to test the GPS on my Xiaocai X9. I have however rooted it and installed the official MIUI from miui.com. It's beautiful and the phone is fantastic. The MIUI rom has all dual sim features working too which i didn't expect. Got my 3 contract sim in and my Ovivo one too just for fun.

performance?

dakok

09 Sep 2013

Check my sig for the list of

miui supported mtk6589

phones:

Jiayu g4, Zopo C2, Zte v987, etc

please if u can, just tell me if neo n003 and jiayu g3T are miui supported

I thought that ZTE phones v967s and v987 were identical (except for camera and screen resolution)

but there is a huge difference in screen quality, too.

ZTE v987 has much better blacks and color reproduction.

Here is a comparation of v987 v967s and v956