Huawei C8813,

Huawei C8813Q,

Huawei C8813D,

ZTE N909,

Chilli Pepper M1,

Coolpad 5890 (exceptions models)

Continuing to keep updated 4.x models are:

Lenovo A750, Lenovo P700, Lenovo A789, ZTE V889D, Huawei C8812

We are doing this adaptation scheme and decisions are very difficult, we had to make a choice,

in order to ensure LeWaOS is able to show complete expression, Some models do not meet

hw requirements. Please understand. Models not mentioned

above will be developed in cooperation group deliberations adapter, please note subsequent announcement.

LeWaOS v5 beta will be on September 29. officially outward

LeWaOS open source project (PATCH ROM) will be released over the same period

Finaly, found some time to test GPS on my

ZTE v987. While reading comments on bad GPS

in MTK6589 phones, to be true, I was escaping from facing my new device`s flaws :)

I flashed new miui 5-6 days ago and I didn´t use any fixes or EPO activation in engineer menu.

I didn`t touch original miui gps.conf, either.

So:

Two days ago - Google maps is on - 1 minute to fix position

(Data switch is on at first - to download local map, then switched off)

Yesterday - 1 minute to fix position

This morning - again 1 min.

This afternoon - 10 seconds, few hours later - the same

City drive yesterday - error is 0-10 meters

City drive today - error is 0-5 meters

(I was passanger, so I was following the dot on the map for a prolonged time)

Once again - no EPO, no fixes, gps.conf...

Nice?

P.S. Not a bit worse than MIO c310 I had 8 years ago

Can you tell me where i can find this mui please (multilanguage ?), Stable ?

Tks you.

Guest Frankish

Here is a real solution for tracking apps like Runtastic, Endomondo, My Tracks, etc

that have bad GPS behaviour on phones with MTK6589 phones.

Solution comes from spanish mobile forum, and it looks like this (google translate):

Taking rooteado the phone, open the "Root Browser" and edit the file "/ system / build.prop"

Add the following line

dalvik.vm.execution-mode = int: fast

I've added the other line just below that begins "dalvik.vm ..."

We recorded the file, Root left the browser, and restart the phone. "

@ josemanuelh :

"I hit the last lines of my file so you can see where I put myself, my version is the latest rom stock without touching more than that"

ro.kernel.android.checkjni = 0

net.bt.name = Android

dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file = / data / anr / traces.txt

# Begin adupsfota properties

ro.adups.fota.oem = Vanzo

ro.adups.fota.device = ZP800H

ro.adups.fota.version = 20130604-192031 ZP800H

(My note: last five lines are only zopo phone specific ones - as I understand this)

My understanding of this tranlation is:

Phone has to be rooted.

Install Build Prop Editor from Google Play.

Browse to: /system/build.prop and open it

Add the following line just below this: dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Save the file, exit Build Prop Editor and reboot the phone

The downside is that you wont be able to run or walk at speed of 200km/h now...

:)

P.S. Normally, you can use any other root explorer for this

P.P.S.

More comments here and here

Seems a bit too easy for it to fix gps issues?!

Tillaz you anywhere near a point you would like to share your AOSP X9 rom or is it still very much a work in progress?

its nearly finished now, just need to fix a problem with the dialler.

CM10.1 mms.apk fully working with popup. and cm10.1 contacts and dialler

post-913969-0-34826600-1379270045_thumb.post-913969-0-40231600-1379270048_thumb.post-913969-0-47272900-1379270050_thumb.post-913969-0-36358300-1379270052_thumb.post-913969-0-28399300-1379270054_thumb.post-913969-0-58927500-1379270056_thumb.

Guest Frankish

Has anyone picked up a THL W200 yet? It's listed everywhere as having a compass but i don't think it does have one. Any ideas?

@dakok That fix actually seems to work i didn't get the marker jumping around at all when i went to the shops and back it was perfect. Really do notice the lack of compass though.

Edited by Frankish

Has anyone picked up a THL W200 yet? It's listed everywhere as having a compass but i don't think it does have one. Any ideas?

i received the one i ordered for my grandparent last week, can confirm the THL W200 has a working compass, all round its a really nice phone

although as i expected from the MTK6589T devices its gets rather hot when doing things like playing videos, (i think its just an overclock)

battery life was also impressive for only been 1800mah on a 5inch display.

Guest Frankish

Yeah thats the other thing I wanted to know, screen on time! It looks too good to be true in reviews. Although I shouldn't be talking myself into buying one at all ha ha!

Guest Frankish

Yeah thats the other thing I wanted to know, screen on time! It looks too good to be true in reviews. Although I shouldn't be talking myself into buying one at all ha ha!

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

What problems do you get by not having a compass? Does it stop it from being able work as a car sat nav?

Also I took the plunge and have ordered a Lenovo a850. Apparently you can enable usb otg on it.

Guest Frankish

Lack of compass causes maps not to rotate to face the right way when navigating for example. The map moves and follows your gps position but is a bit slow to realise what direction you are facing in. If you only use maps for looking up streets and places and aren't bothered about navigation then seriously don't worry about the lack of compass!

@tillaz and further with that dialer issue?

You seem to be in a jolly good mood today. :)

Ordered my Haier W910 from DealsPrime on 6th Sept but this morning the order was still "In progress". I had contacted them through the website last week (after the requisite few days after payment had elapsed) but got no reply. I contacted them again today and expressed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and hinted at disputing the payment via PayPal and lo and behold I get a shipment confirmation email within the hour. Glad they are shipping it but I'm still a bit pissed off with them...

Guest Maringer

Ordered my Haier W910 from DealsPrime on 6th Sept but this morning the order was still "In progress". I had contacted them through the website last week (after the requisite few days after payment had elapsed) but got no reply. I contacted them again today and expressed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and hinted at disputing the payment via PayPal and lo and behold I get a shipment confirmation email within the hour. Glad they are shipping it but I'm still a bit pissed off with them...

No word from them about my order placed with them on 9th September for the same device.

I'll follow your lead and send them an e-mail a little later to try and find out what the flip is going on.

Cheers.

I used the contact form on the website. It may be coincidence that they shipped it soon after my (second) query and complaint. But it might do no harm to chase them about it. Good luck!

Guest Frankish

That's a bit like my issue with dealsprime. I was getting no responses at all as soon as i emailed about cancelling it was shipped hmm.

Guest Costy88031

Here is a real solution for tracking apps like Runtastic, Endomondo, My Tracks, etc

that have bad GPS behaviour on phones with MTK6589 phones.

Solution comes from spanish mobile forum, and it looks like this (google translate):

Taking rooteado the phone, open the "Root Browser" and edit the file "/ system / build.prop"

Add the following line

I've added the other line just below that begins "dalvik.vm ..."

We recorded the file, Root left the browser, and restart the phone. "

@ josemanuelh :

"I hit the last lines of my file so you can see where I put myself, my version is the latest rom stock without touching more than that"

ro.kernel.android.checkjni = 0

net.bt.name = Android

dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file = / data / anr / traces.txt

ro.adups.fota.oem = Vanzo

ro.adups.fota.device = ZP800H

ro.adups.fota.version = 20130604-192031 ZP800H

(My note: last five lines are only zopo phone specific ones - as I understand this)

My understanding of this tranlation is:

Phone has to be rooted.

Install Build Prop Editor from Google Play.

Browse to: /system/build.prop and open it

Add the following line just below this: dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Save the file, exit Build Prop Editor and reboot the phone

The downside is that you wont be able to run or walk at speed of 200km/h now...

:)

P.S. Normally, you can use any other root explorer for this

P.P.S.

More comments here and here

This really fix my GPS issues