[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest invertedgoatie

Maybe another mic for noise supression, or some audio filter is active.

Possibly....I can't seem to reproduce the problem in sound recorder though. It only seems to affect Skype and video recorder so far. It might also happen in voice calls but haven't tested that out extensively yet.

Guest Frankish

Has anyone with a Xiaocai or perhaps any Chinese phone found their touchscreen to be a little TOO sensitive? It's really responsive and works well however I've found if it gets some greasy finger prints on it, the touchscreen plays up as if it's being pressed in multiple points. If I clean the screen then it's fine again for a little while.

Guest metal.mickey

Ive had minorissues with double taps on the hard keys. ' Do you really want to close reddit?' Its like a tiny rumble on the key suggesting a double press. Nobiggie,

Guest Frankish

Update on battery life. 1day 19 hours and 43 mins from full

Charge down to 10%. Thats with day to day use as main phone

Is that w200 or something else I forget what phone everyone has. What screen on time for that battery life?

Guest deadonthestairs

Right, my THL W100 finally turned up as a replacement for my damaged Cubot GT99.

Really impressed with speed and screen so far.

Couple of questions, I'm struggling to find much support online to root/install CWM and custom roms - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, the notification LEDs don't seem to be working - I'm sure I read about a fix somewhere in this thread, possible in the engineering menu (not sure how to access that though) - anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

TS7 aka Cubot One aka KVD K7

There are differences in rom (4GB and 8GB models)

Don`t be fooled. TS7 is not a thin phone. 

They are all near 9.5mm thick.

Prices are 90 - 110 pounds, depending of rom inside

TS7 aka Cubot One aka KVD K7

There are differences in rom (4GB and 8GB models)

Don`t be fooled. TS7 is not a thin phone. 

They are all near 9.5mm thick.

Prices are 90 - 110 pounds, depending of rom inside

OK, for that sort of money what would you recommend? I did have a Cubot GT99 but my wife stole it...!!

Guest george109

I did have a Cubot GT99 but my wife stole it...!!

Well, from following this thread, I have learnt one thing. Phones and Wives do not mix! :P

Also, I would recommend an (sorry for my awful spelling) Xaoimi Red Rice or the Vowney V5. (This is my opinion)

I would have a quick skim through the last few pages, to see what people have said about lots of different phones.

EDIT: When the European version of the Red Rice comes out! 

Edited by george109

OK, for that sort of money what would you recommend? I did have a Cubot GT99 but my wife stole it...!!

Not vowney, and not a red rice for sure (hard to get, too expencive for now, not having "european" 3g yet)

ZTE v967s

Haier w910

Lenovo a830

THL w100

Xiaocai x9

Not vowney, and not a red rice for sure (hard to get, too expencive for now, not having "european" 3g yet)

Although dealsprime have the China only version of Red rice on pre-order (1-2 weeks) for £110 and Xiaomi have said they plan to release a European / International version by the end of September.

Guest george109

ZTE v967s

Haier w910

Lenovo a830

THL w100

Xiaocai x9

Why don't you recommend Vowney?

I would also hold on for a phone until after Christmas (  :D ), as then the Octa Core Mediatek SoC devices will be released, which will hopefully also be really cheap!

My lenovo a850 finally shipped from singapore yesterday (Via sing post). Any idea how long it might take to reach the UK?

Also found this phone here, if anyone is interested in a large screen phone; it's a 6 inch, 720p phone with a MTK6589T processor and it costs $190: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Blackview-JK809-6-0-Inch-HD-Display-Screen-MTK6589T-1-5Ghz-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-8-0MP-Camera-Android-4-2-with-3G-GPS---Dark-Blue-319437.html

Guest george109

My lenovo a850 finally shipped from singapore yesterday (Via sing post). Any idea how long it might take to reach the UK?

Also found this phone here, if anyone is interested in a large screen phone; it's a 6 inch, 720p phone with a MTK6589T processor and it costs $190: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Blackview-JK809-6-0-Inch-HD-Display-Screen-MTK6589T-1-5Ghz-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-8-0MP-Camera-Android-4-2-with-3G-GPS---Dark-Blue-319437.html

It will probably take from 1.5 to 3 weeks, also the other phone looks like (Another) Samsung clone :(

I would much rather go with a more original, instead of a clone, personally. as the quality will be a lot better.

red rice wcdma - well maybe, but it is already the end

of September and I don't think it will be available before

a month or so. And you will have presell delays then.

Soon in stock and stuff like that.

Octa core - it won't be reliable investment at start.

First batches - I wouldn't put my money there.

You'll have expensive models with cheaper ones arriving

"soon" - just like jiayu g4 and neo story we saw at the

beginning of this year...

Guest george109

red rice wcdma - well maybe, but it is already the end

of September and I don't think it will be available before

a month or so. And you will have presell delays then.

Soon in stock and stuff like that.

Octa core - it won't be reliable investment at start.

First batches - I wouldn't put my money there.

You'll have expensive models with cheaper ones arriving

"soon" - just like jiayu g4 and neo story we saw at the

beginning of this year...

If you waited for the cheaper ones, would you then consider getting one?

Guest Frankish

ZTE v967s

Haier w910

Lenovo a830

THL w100

Xiaocai x9

Add a w200 to that list!