[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Chrome is a browser by Google. The actual translation is done by translate.google.com... You can try bing.com which is provided by Microsoft.

I've tried most with out much luck  :( but some of the translations is well funny  :)

Now I'm going to try and contact Miui and see if the Talk 5H is supported if so then I will get the Talk phone.

But the 8 core cheap chinese chipset comes out this year and should be in phones by Feb 2014.

Guest metal.mickey

Id take care with that larger phone! Ive got the K1a which is 5.3 inches and ive cracked the screen the first time i dropped it.

I guess a larger piece of glass is more likely to break under stress. Get a wallet or a jelly.

Im still wrapped with the phone and the OS. I just found it takes burst mode photos if you hold down the shutter. Really fast camera too. No hanging round for focus and shutter.

MM

Id take care with that larger phone! Ive got the K1a which is 5.3 inches and ive cracked the screen the first time i dropped it.

I guess a larger piece of glass is more likely to break under stress. Get a wallet or a jelly.

Im still wrapped with the phone and the OS. I just found it takes burst mode photos if you hold down the shutter. Really fast camera too. No hanging round for focus and shutter.

MM

I got a i2000 which is a 5.7 inch screen but I know what your on about(which I'm selling)  :)  I just want MiUI

for the simple reason it will be updated and not left behind like the rest.

Oh and has anyone over clocked the MT6589 yet?

Guest metal.mickey

my k1a is running the Lewa Rom, and its the slickest ive ever used.

i used to have a blade and a skate and updated them regularly. I dunno it its just the 4.2 Jellybean tha makes the rom so slick or that fact that everything is just so intuitive

Damn, I cant test new lewa...

Can´t use cwm for more than 10 seconds - it simply reboots to OS.

Tried to reinstall cwm thru mobileuncle - but the same happens again.

Anybody knows a solution?

EDIT:

I had to be fast and clear cache in cwm

before 10 seconds runs out.

Lewa v5 is on now, more reports coming soon

Edited by dakok

Guest Containerx2

Any users with Haier W910?

I would like some opinios regarding this phone, not reviews from various sites. :)

In the same time, someone wrote that this phone is very popular in Croatia, so maybe there is a croatian forum dedicated for this phone? :)

I'm grateful for any help./ :)

Guest Frankish

Anyone using Lewa V5 and having trouble with root? My x9 can't seem to get root at all even using usual exploits.

Sorted.

There is a Security Center app hidden in a chinese named folder. Open this, swipe right to details, at the bottom select permission management, next screen swipe left to Perm, scroll to bottom and select ROOT, now enable in here. PHEW!

Edited by Frankish

And don`t forget to rename that chinese named folder. :) It`s easy.

Uninstall calendar, reader app and few others...

Don`t flash gapps, just add you google account in settings and search for google apps in Lewa`s market app.

Guest george109

Yeah I saw that. I hope release is not far away.

Yay! The only thing that I do not like is the red buttons, (I think that) they look really ugly in the GizChina image... :(

Yay! The only thing that I do not like is the red buttons, (I think that) they look really ugly in the GizChina image... :(

When they first announced a WCDMA version I think they said it would be only be available in white. No idea if that is true or if I'm spreading bad rumours.

Guest Frankish

And don`t forget to rename that chinese named folder. :) It`s easy.

Uninstall calendar, reader app and few others...

Don`t flash gapps, just add you google account in settings and search for google apps in Lewa`s market app.

The translations definitely need some work but it looks really nice to use. No massively great features added but still nice to use.

Guest suskisunami

hey guys i have a feiteng H7189 now and it's pretty good ! I was searching the web and i didn't found any roms for this phone, i rooted and installed cwm but can't find any roms .. can someone help me ? and btw somebody have the same phone ? :P

hey guys i have a feiteng H7189 now and it's pretty good ! I was searching the web and i didn't found any roms for this phone, i rooted and installed cwm but can't find any roms .. can someone help me ? and btw somebody have the same phone ? :P

Go to needrom they have 2 roms. Just read everything just in case.

Guest apple2005

I'm getting really impatient waiting for my w200. It left China allegedly dayyyys ago. Suppose it's still only been 12 days so far...

Is it free shipping? Free shipping is killing. I bought something plus one tablet. It is more than one month now and still in Xiamen International. It's just a joke. Better to pay for DHL.

Guest apple2005

I'm getting really impatient waiting for my w200. It left China allegedly dayyyys ago. Suppose it's still only been 12 days so far...

Is it free shipping? Free shipping is killing. I bought something plus one tablet. It is more than one month now and still in Xiamen International. It's just a joke. Better to pay for DHL.