[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Colossae3.23

Does anybody know if you can buy the Jiayu G4 from a shop in china because im heading over there soon and since im there, if i can buy it, i might as well :)

check the comments after the G4 review on Gizchina. I have a memory of someone asking that question and Andi answered it. Or try to pm Andi on that site, he's got a lot of knowledge about the area.

Guest nsmacd1

Just ordered the Verne V5 from Merrimobiles - Thanks for the advice & the $10.00 off code (FACEBOOK) - Worked a treat!

So, has the phone got it's own thread yet? :)

Also - Being dual SIM - Are both micro-SIM sized, or is one a normal size, as the pics on the site look like the larger one?

Also - has anyone tried the custom ROMs yet from http://www.needrom.com/phone-roms/other-categories/vowney/ ?

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest blaster99999

Just ordered the Verne V5 from Merrimobiles - Thanks for the advice & the $10.00 off code (FACEBOOK) - Worked a treat!

So, has the phone got it's own thread yet? :)

Also - Being dual SIM - Are both micro-SIM sized, or is one a normal size, as the pics on the site look like the larger one?

Also - has anyone tried the custom ROMs yet from http://www.needrom.c...egories/vowney/ ?

the gsm sim is full size and the gsm/3g slot in mini size hope that helps.

Guest tillaz

Anyone knows something about Miracast support?

it has it, as this is a 4.2 feature as far as i know, it should be under the display settings.

i'v actually been wanting to try this on my nexus 4 but not sure where to get a working dongle / hub for my tv ?

just been looking at this, it might be interesting for others wanting to try mirracast

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2041002

apparently this works

http://www.amazon.com/ACTIONTEC-SBWD100KIT01-ScreenBeam-Universal-Wireless/dp/B009Z8T3K6?tag=viglink121875-20

Guest Rico_89

it has it, as this is a 4.2 feature as far as i know, it should be under the display settings.

i'v actually been wanting to try this on my nexus 4 but not sure where to get a working dongle / hub for my tv ?

I was looking at this today and it's there in the display settings, " Wireless Display". I had a look on eBay and the adaptors are a little too expensive IMO.. £45 plus. Although it really would be great to get it to work, hopefully prices will come down, and who knows maybe a cheap Chinese adaptor is being built right now :P .

Guest ChrisPNE

I ordered my V5 from Merimobiles on 7/6/13 and it still hasn't shipped. Just asked on the live chat and they said it will ship this week or early next week.

How long did it take for your phones to be dispatched?

Guest Rico_89

I ordered my V5 from Merimobiles on 7/6/13 and it still hasn't shipped. Just asked on the live chat and they said it will ship this week or early next week.

How long did it take for your phones to be dispatched?

I seriously think this is a stock issue. If they have stock it will ship fast, if not then you'll have to wait for them to get another shipment in. At least that's is my theory anyway.

I got really lucky like a few others and my order arrived really fast, I purchased on the 31st of may and received my V5 on the 11 of June, and that's with free China post.

Guest dakok

Just a idea for future buyers - check the main sellers before buying.

If only one or two of them have the phone in stock - then they most probably don`t have it ;) .

(you can find a list of reliable stores in my sig)

Guest JetKun

Just a idea for future buyers - check the main sellers before buying.

If only one or two of them have the phone in stock - then they most probably don`t have it ;) .

(you can find a list of reliable stores in my sig)

Do you know which reliable shops sell Jiayu G4s? I concluded that the Vowney is too big; I'd love a phone that fits in one hand... And the jiayu g4 is actually slimmer than the ZTE Skate, too :D

(Like, *reliable* reliable ;))

Edit: WOT says Pandawill spammed their ratings page, so it's clearly fishy. Fastcardtech is apparently s*** at dispatching the Correct orders and I don't know how good Antelife are

Edited by JetKun

Guest dakok

Checking on croatian phone forums lately, I spotted people having positive experience with geekbuying, banggood, pandawill

and hotmid

Guest bryfly

At last, my Vowney v5 arrived today, exactly 25 days from order and 21 days from despatch date, if you want it quick looks best to tell them you do not want them to post using Sweden post, as it goes China to Singapore then Singapore to Sweden, then Sweden to UK, others on here who have used China post appear to get it in around 10 days from order date.

I also ordered the case, that is on the page when you order the phone , not a great buy, it is like a book cover and there is tape inside which you are supposed to stick the phone to then just shut the front over with magnetic catch, cannot see me using that. Anybody found a silicone soft TPU case cover yet??

Edited by bryfly

Guest aliaird

I bought my Jiayu G2 from Mentoo, and was happy enough. Ordered my G4 through them but got fed up of waiting so went to merimobiles for my V5...

Guest Rico_89

At last, my Vowney v5 arrived today, exactly 25 days from order and 21 days from despatch date, if you want it quick looks best to tell them you do not want them to post using Sweden post, as it goes China to Singapore then Singapore to Sweden, then Sweden to UK, others on here who have used China post appear to get it in around 10 days from order date.

I also ordered the case, that is on the page when you order the phone , not a great buy, it is like a book cover and there is tape inside which you are supposed to stick the phone to then just shut the front over with magnetic catch, cannot see me using that. Anybody found a silicone soft TPU case cover yet??

Pheew.. great news.

I figured that the case would be nonsense so I didn't order one, hopefully you didn't spend too much on it.

Anyway I'd be grateful if you could tell me how your microphone is working. This is my only complaint with the phone so far, but seeing as I use headphones or a bluetooth headset to talk, 90% of the time, it isn't a big issue for me but on my V5 the the microphone makes me sound a little muffled.

Guest Sere83

Yeah I think your right about Singapore post, mine still hasn't arrived, dispatched on 1st, although has left Sweden so shouldn't be too long now. First impressions of the v5?

Guest shuete

The case you bought is now $19.00 quite expensive i'd say i'm glad i didn't purchase it :)

I ordered from aliexpress a soft TPU case for Huawei G710, it might take a while, but when it arrives i can give feedback, i confess i bought before ordering my v5 which means that now that i'm looking at the pics :unsure: i'm afraid it won't fit at all

EDIT: Microphone works great

Edited by shuete

Guest e45cream

Yeah I think your right about Singapore post, mine still hasn't arrived, dispatched on 1st, although has left Sweden so shouldn't be too long now. First impressions of the v5?

Mine also left on the 1st via Singapore Post, and arrived this morning. Ordered on the 27th. Very happy with it so far.

Guest Sere83

Mine also left on the 1st via Singapore Post, and arrived this morning. Ordered on the 27th. Very happy with it so far.

Sweet, everyone seems reasonably chuffed so far. Any one tried attempting an OTA update yet?

Edited by Sere83

Guest bryfly

First impressions haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it does seem really well built, just put on the screen protector nightmare air bubbles all over, trouble is they are not readily available, so cannot have another go.

I asked Merimobiles why their case had gone up in price from $6.99 to $12.99....

Please can you tell me why the price for the case has increased from $6.99 to $12.99?

Do you have any soft silicon cases available?

ANSWER:

Yes. this is the good leather case. we dont have silicon case. thank you.