[JB] PAC [ Paranoid + Aokp+ Cm10 ] for the Crescent [17-12-2012]

Guest gbosh

Guest ruyzalim

Any chance of including the 4.2 camera/gallery to replace the normal gallery and camera application? I know there's a zip floating around but it'd nice to have it interpreted into the ROM!

Just a thought.

i will upload it in a minute i have it in my computer dont remember were i got it humm.

edited:

here you go camera 4.2 : http://www.mediafire...sowcwpkhqqfq8fh just flash it

Edited by ruyzalim

Guest Eiji Shinjo

Just unlocked my ZTE Crescent and am ready to install a ROM. I just want to know if all the files listed in the Download section in the first post are installed through CWM?

Guest ruyzalim

Just unlocked my ZTE Crescent and am ready to install a ROM. I just want to know if all the files listed in the Download section in the first post are installed through CWM?

yes they are ;)

Guest mariuscesane

I met a very serious problem. I tried twice to install AOKP rom and every time the phone died completely. I had to use it can Jtagg to restart. Huawei is a G300, baseband 2030. What's wrong with this ROM? Be installed or ...? The other ROMs worked perfectly.

Guest ruyzalim

Hi, is there a google play store app available for this rom? and is tethering working?

ggoogle play store app is included in minimal gaps download and flash, its infirst post tethering think doesnt work

Guest Chrishas

ggoogle play store app is included in minimal gaps download and flash, its infirst post tethering think doesnt work

I did that, followed the instructions and also tried installing afterwards but it doesn't seem to install.

Guest Liamness

It does. The search widget doesn't, so I went and got the full version.

A good, fairly stable ROM, better than the last version of CM10 I tried, probably mainly because it's a newer build so includes the work that has been done since. Google now doesn't seem to work, but then again I wasn't expecting it to. Also I can't seem to find a way to force the system settings to display in phone mode, it's always in this tablet mode with dual bars, which is just silly. Any suggestions?

You need to install the zip for paranoid android settings from the download section.Then go to paranoid settings, then to apps then settings.Then set the size to the highest value and the layout/ui to the lowest one. Press apply and you will have normal settings. If it doesn't work, just restart

Guest Liamness

Is there no way to just disable the DPI stuff entirely, or set a system-wide preference? I don't want to have to adjust settings for each individual app really. Ta for the help though, things are decidedly less fiddly now!

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Is there no way to just disable the DPI stuff entirely, or set a system-wide preference? I don't want to have to adjust settings for each individual app really. Ta for the help though, things are decidedly less fiddly now!

In Paranoid Android there is a setting to completely disable hybrid tablet UI mode so I presume there should be a way to do it in this ROM. Not sure where it'll be though.

Guest Liamness

It does. The search widget doesn't, so I went and got the full version.

Turns out there's a good reason for this, it doesn't do anything seeing as it's based around the whole Google Now framework. Oh well, I think the homescreens look weird without it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Grenn303

Thank you gbosh for your work on this rom. It's really nice to have people working to improve things.

So, I tryed this rom to have a jellybean experience on my ZTE SF2, everything is fine except for the google play store application, it doesn't seems to be on my phone.

I've tried to flash it a second time, still no google play.

I've tried to flash a different version of google apps from dazozo port of CM10, same no google play.

I've also tried to reinstall the complete rom, same thing, no google play.

My previous rom was a CM9 from dazozo.

If anyone can explain me how to have the google play store on my phone with this rom, it would be really great :)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Grenn303

Guest tititj

Hello , i have few questions if anyone can help :)

Is camera flashlight working in this rom ?

Is gps working ?

Do i need to change size of partition before install this rom ?

I am using CM7 on the phone right now (Telenor touch plus) but am i going to be able to restore CM7 if i flash this rom ?

sry for my english

Thank you very much.

Edited by tititj

camera flash doesn't work.GPS should work.The rom works fine with the default system partition size.You can restore to CM7 if you make a backup before (with clockwork mod recovery)

Guest Grenn303

Am I the only one who doesn't have the google play application on this rom ?

Yesterday, I've flash another time the rom just to be sure and I still don't have the google play store.

My system partition is 220mo.

Any idea anybody ?

Thank you gbosh for your work on this rom. It's really nice to have people working to improve things.

So, I tryed this rom to have a jellybean experience on my ZTE SF2, everything is fine except for the google play store application, it doesn't seems to be on my phone.

I've tried to flash it a second time, still no google play.

I've tried to flash a different version of google apps from dazozo port of CM10, same no google play.

I've also tried to reinstall the complete rom, same thing, no google play.

My previous rom was a CM9 from dazozo.

If anyone can explain me how to have the google play store on my phone with this rom, it would be really great :)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Grenn303

Guest Grenn303

Thank you trotil, I now know that I'm not alone !

Anyone else ?

Some more info, it may be usefull :

- I made all the wipe and format before flashing the rom,

- my CWM-recovery is a 6.0.0.8,

- the system partition is 220mo in size,

- the precedent rom was a CM9 from dazozo

- I tried to flash the light gapps and the full, no google play each time,

- I flashed 4 times the rom just to be sure and still...

Edited by Grenn303

Guest trotil

It`s intresting, I try to copy vending.apk to /system/app and but there is no enough free space. so I move somme apps from system/app (4-5mb, vending apk is 3.8mb) but stil with same error- no enough space!

Guest trotil

Vending.apk is no longer. The play store is Phonesky.apk

Yes! In gapps.zip fom first post there is no Phonesky.apk in /system/app, Vending.apk is there.