kernel modules for Xolo X900 ICS (OTG USB storage, cifs...)

Guest Zhiming Zhou

Guest Zhiming Zhou

Could you do a guide for how you got ubuntu working please ? I tried to do this with ubuntu installer app from market and it would not work as it is setup for Arm not X86, I originally thought it was no loop support, so that is good news that it is there.

Be good if we could have IP tables for firewall, but our kernel does not have this support :(

I'll take some time to write a guide to how to run full x86 Ubuntu over HDMI via USB display adapter

And stocking kernel of XOLO X900 does support IP filter (iptables), OSD should be the same

Guest mickael

It's possible that the x86 emulator for arm don't work for this fonction and wait for a x86 firewall apps ;)

I test few firewall and don't work ...

• 1 month later...
Guest manju.raghapur

Hi iam new user to this forum, I own XOLO X900 phone which has been rooted & has super user,Busybox installed

I copied modules directory to /system/lib , But iam unable to load config file beacuse i dont know how to load

Please can you guide me step by step on how to load these Kernel modules built by you

Thanks in advance

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi iam new user to this forum, I own XOLO X900 phone which has been rooted & has super user,Busybox installed

I copied modules directory to /system/lib , But iam unable to load config file beacuse i dont know how to load

Please can you guide me step by step on how to load these Kernel modules built by you

Thanks in advance

If you mean the Modules directory from the AIO install then why on earth did you copy it across?

What exactly are you trying to do?

Guest manju.raghapur

If you mean the Modules directory from the AIO install then why on earth did you copy it across?

What exactly are you trying to do?

How to install them???? I really don't know much about this, So i kindly request for step by step procedure

All i want is connect pen drives to XOLO X900 phone

IN USB OTG Helper software it shows otg mass storage not supported

In USB Host controller software it shows s3c usb host driver not found

I go ogled & found this forum which provided kernel modules that supports USB OTG Storage for XOLO X900, So how to load these kernel modules to my phone???

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ahh, you mean the download link on the first page of this thread? I thought you were referring to the folder in the AIO tool, sorry I can't help you with this.

Guest manju.raghapur

Ahh, you mean the download link on the first page of this thread? I thought you were referring to the folder in the AIO tool, sorry I can't help you with this.

Yes the download link on the first page of this thread.

No problem dude, Anyhow thanks, If u got a link to which i can refer to about this OTG Storage issue for XOLO X900 than please share it, ill try rest by myself.

Edited by manju.raghapur

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

i hv putted 7z folder in system/lib.. now i dn know how to run xolo.config.... and how to do..." You need root to load these modules on adb shell or any Terminal Emulator"... plzz help....

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

i putted modules in system/lib,,, i putted module 03 frm AIO tool... den too its not connecting i am getting this in usb otg helper app.... plzz help .. i dn knw wat to do with xolo.config,... plz help......

post-1005277-0-27877000-1362676759_thumb

Guest DHAIRYA SHAH

Man you are just great!

I have been long waiting for this USB OTG HOST stuff to work and wow, now finally thanks to genius guys I connected my OCX Vertex 4 SSD to XOLO and voila it worked...

Kudos to Zhiming Zou .....

I now want to use X-Box Wireless Controller with Xolo!

Any suggestion on how to charge and use OTG Host simultaneously?

hey can u help me ... can u explain me whole process in detail. i am not able to do it.. ??? plzzz.. plz reply.........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zhiming Zhou

anybody will help me here..... ???? i am pissed off

download modules from the link, then use 'insmod' command in a rooted adb shell (run 'su' command to switch to root first) or terminal emulator to load module, then usb otg module works, it's quiet easy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...