[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Droopy_be

taannuk, on 18 May 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Installed this ROM and like it - thank you KonstaT!!!

The only problem for me at the moment is inability to install s2e script. I followed these instructions that send my phone to rebooting that ends only with the battery remove.

Any advise which programme / script to use to automatically move all programmes into ext4 partition?

Thank you!

Link2Sd or int2etx2+

Link2sd must be installed as application

int2ext2+ is installed in the recovery mode

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1716124

Thank you!!!

Which is preferable for our device and ROM?

With link2sd, you can choose which app can stays on internal memory or SD card, but you can install less app (the latest Facebook app can't be updated)

With int2ext+, all app are on SD, and data stay on internal memory (more apps, but speed can be impacted with SD)

The advantage of int2ext2 is, it's ready for install app when you reinstall fro scratch

Guest pumphaus

First, thanks for effort in bringing CM10.1 to us! :)

I noticed that while bluetooth itself works fine, bluetooth tethering doesn't. The device does start the BT pan service properly. But dnsmasq (or any other DHCP server) isn't started and IP forwarding is still disabled.

If I configure IP forwarding manually (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0/whatever -j MASQUERADE) and configure my clients statically, it works just fine.

I guess I could fix it locally with some init scripts, but normally this should be done automatically by android (which it does for WiFi Tethering). Is there something broken in the BT tether code?

Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT

Thx for your Answer KonstanT!

Is it possible that there is something broken with the latest merged Changes, compiling stops now with this Error:

device/zte/blade/overlay/frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/res/values/dimens.xml:20: error: Resource at pie_trigger_height appears in overlay but not in the base package; use to add.

make: *** [/home/android/cm10.1/blade/out/target/common/obj/APPS/SystemUI_intermediates/src/R.stamp] Fehler 1
[/code]

Thx!

They've merged a new way of activating pie controls. Previously we needed to change trigger area to make pie work on this device but that's now gone. I reverted the commit that broke the build. I don't know if pie needs now some new trickery to make it work. :P

Guest dreis911

i am sorry to ask an unrelated ques;

I tried to insert nova launcher into the rom zip, but it didn't work,it just didn't even start after the first boot.(just forced close)

i wanted to know -What is the right way to make user apps as system app.

i also tried root explorer the same way but resulted in the same issue, although some apps like oi file manager and smart voice recorder do work after inserting them to the zip file of the rom . i have a 220mb system partition ,leaving less memory for installing apps so i wanted to make some of them as as system apps.

I've done that and it worked just fine... except for the partition size (mine is 160MB)

Did you remove Trebuchet? I did

Guest Krunal11489

is this 14.5 build updatable?

i downloaded it via mediafire when i tried to update my previous build it says cant open (bad).

what should i do?

Guest taannuk

With link2sd, you can choose which app can stays on internal memory or SD card, but you can install less app (the latest Facebook app can't be updated)

Thank you!

There are 2 options after starting this programme - make a link or move to SD-card. Which one is preferable?

Guest ast1

Rebooted couple of times still the same problem..as it is hostel's wifi i can't change the encryption..this wpa/psk network gets connected on other devices such as galaxy ace n htc chacha...

Guest khadu

I've done that and it worked just fine... except for the partition size (mine is 160MB)

Did you remove Trebuchet? I did

i have tried both ways, by removing and keeping terbuchet, as i stated some apps work and some don't.(at-least for me ) .

although i did find an app that can move user installed apps to rom .

Anyways thanks for ur response

Guest alternator2

Hi KonstaT,

thanks for your great work. I've been using your Android 4.2 ROM since the first available version, upgraded several times but there are very annoying bugs (or features) I decided to report:

1# Importing contacts from SIM card is not working. It never worked, progress bar always reaches 100%, but SIM contacts are not visible anywhere. This feature works fine on CM7.2.

2# How can I enable "flashlight" in Power Control widget?

3# Is there any way to mute camera shutter sound?

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know if I got something wrong ...

Guest peetu20

Hi KonstaT,

thanks for your great work. I've been using your Android 4.2 ROM since the first available version, upgraded several times but there are very annoying bugs (or features) I decided to report:

1# Importing contacts from SIM card is not working. It never worked, progress bar always reaches 100%, but SIM contacts are not visible anywhere. This feature works fine on CM7.2.

Blade doesnt have flashlight, so the toggle just is, if there is toggle for it.

Guest alternator2

Blade doesnt have flashlight, so the toggle just is, if there is toggle for it.

Blade does not have LED flash, but maxed out display brightness is used instead ;-)

Guest dreis911

Hi KonstaT,

1# Sorry. Never tried it and my SIM is empty, so I cannot try it.

2# I don't think this ROM has anything like that. But you can try the FlashLight App by flash-the-brain.com on Google Play. (that's what I use and is great)

3# You can delete the "camera_click.ogg" sound. Or move it to the SDCard when you don't want it and back again when you want it.

Edited by dreis911

Guest Simon Orford

Hey guys

First of all great rom. Just have a few questions coming from cyanogenmod 7.2

1) Where can i find advanced tweaks i had in 7.2

2) Is there a way to go back to the old task switcher?

3) How to i boot into recovery and can i get back the old way (hold down power button and it would show up as "boot to recovery". Right now i have installed rom manager but that is a pain :)

4) how do i force apps not to use app2sd as i use link2sd.

thanks for all the help

Edited by Simon Orford

Guest elrond_bs

1 & 3: This was asked and answered 100 times here, these options are hidden in 4.2 (not just this ROM, but all). Search the thread and you will find the answer how to enable them (I thing it was answered again in the last 2 pages).

2. No. You can install a program that has similar function (like SwipePad), but it will not replace the original switcher.

4. There is no app2sd here, just install and use Link2SD with a second partition.

Guest Droopy_be

Thank you!

There are 2 options after starting this programme - make a link or move to SD-card. Which one is preferable?

With a link, the program is moved on the extended partition, with a move to SD, the program is moved on the SD (as you don't use link2sd)

I don't known exactly the part of data and program move in all cases on the SD or on the EXT.

Guest nikatapi

Thanks for the great rom, i have a question:

Is there a fix for bluetooth?I have to go into airplane mode and then redo the pairing process in order to use my bt headset...

Thanks!

Edited by nikatapi

Guest Janil

Is there any way to disable the "flash" when youturn the screen off?

Unfortunately they dropped this feature (disabling it) in CM10. It's called "electron beam" in case you want to search their bug tracker.

EDIT: I think they might have brought it back:

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/31300/

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/31301/

EDIT2: no, the last comment: "This will never get merged into stable cm10 :("

EDIT3: apparently KonstaT (see comments) did try the patch and it worked. So, custom build is the way to go

Edited by Janil

Guest KonstaT

Is there any way to disable the "flash" when youturn the screen off?

Iirc you can kill it somehow by changing animation scales under developer options. This will impact other animations as well though.

Unfortunately they dropped this feature (disabling it) in CM10. It's called "electron beam" in case you want to search their bug tracker.

EDIT: I think they might have brought it back:

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/31300/

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/31301/

EDIT2: no, the last comment: "This will never get merged into stable cm10 :("

EDIT3: apparently KonstaT (see comments) did try the patch and it worked. So, custom build is the way to go

That was for CM10, not CM10.1. Something like that would probably work on CM10.1 as well but I don't it's worth the hassle. I think most people prefer the screen off animation...