[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peetu20

Well, after playing around for some time now, I think I got the hang of it. BT problem can be solved by toggling on/off till it connects to the headset again, I removed the sd-ext partition again as I could not see any advantage (because it get mounted as well every time I connect the phone to my Ubuntu Linux desktop), and this ROM works just fine without GAPPS.

One new question though:

How can GAPPS be removed after installation? I mean it has to be installed through CWM, can it nevertheless be easily deinstalled somehow afterwards, or is it necessary to wipe the system partition and install the ROM again without GAPPS?

I just tried to install a software that seems to require GAPPS for installation (tells "Could not connect to Google servers. Check your internet connection"), but I don't want to keep GAPPS installed.

Yes, you just should wipe /system, and then flash rom only. Then you will get rid of all gapps. Still recommend to install playstore, and some other apps apks that play store requires to work properly.

Guest peetu20

Grrr, triple post this time.... Modaco mobile version seems not to work properly, it just says something about server error, and still posts my answer :o

Guest Master One

Yes, you just should wipe /system, and then flash rom only. Then you will get rid of all gapps. Still recommend to install playstore, and some other apps apks that play store requires to work properly.

Better multiple answers than none at all ;)

I've been running CM without GAPPS ever since and don't miss any of the Google stuff. I use that APK Leecher to download APKs from Google Play directly to my PC, so no need for playstore on my phone at all.

Guest MSuomi

Hi,

my first post here. I am on Konsta 24.7. I had old rom with 220 system. As Konstas only requires 160 I also wanted to redo the TPT thingy. I had the exact same problem as you did. What come to my solution was that blade checker said I needed an IMAGE TYPE TPT. So decided not to create a TPT but to use TPT Helper with Gen v2a.

OK, I installed TPT Helper, clicked European, Gen2, then download TPT > Gen2 v2a (you can also use the first option, all at once, it will do the md5 check automatically for you) , then you have an image file in sdcard/image. Do the md5 check with TPT Helper, if it says something with one oder 2 files thats ok. if there are more than that you didnt download an image. (ok thats the practical approach, I may be telling bull but it worked for me) Then I went to CWM made a backup to sd card. Then I turned the phone off, took battery out for a couple of seconds, then reinserted it and booted with menu+vol+ and power. The reason it didn't do that before for me was that there wasn't an image file in image folder.

The good thingy is that you can restore your rom again with cwm afterwards. I stripped the rom further down to 144mb system by removing anything unneeded, especially apps with rom toolbox.

Hope that helps you out.

I believe it is a problem with super users access for tpthelper. Cause the proggie is reporting it didn't have access and cant copy something. even though i granted access. but theres no need for a custom tpt as you would need at least 150mb system, and with 160 youre save with flashing updates. so the generic one is ok.

you have cwm 6.0.2.7? i thought it wouldnt go beyond 5.0.2.2?

BTW, I do not recommend to to use link2sd, s2e or mount2sd. I tried them all. Any of them resulted in loss of apps in the matter of hours. Where as s2e performed yet the best. But thats no way for me as the phone is used by my wife. She's got no nerve for that.

Btw, thanks to the guys that did the port. I never believed this could be made. But this rom works after booting really ok - and I am on Asylum cm10.1 on my Note 1 so I can compare.

There is no fitting image file on TPT download list, rom+gapps don't fit in 160. I made my own (165/2) and checked the folder, it said 11/13 matches (appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn are the ones that do not match) and I believe it should be OK? Anyway, when I take the battery out and keep home and Vol+ pressed, it just boots to "safe mode", there is no "green text". It just boots normally, but to safe mode. Dreis911 said, to press menu and Vol-, well that just boots to CWM... I must be missing something? :wacko:

Guest dreis911

There is no fitting image file on TPT download list, rom+gapps don't fit in 160. I made my own (165/2) and checked the folder, it said 11/13 matches (appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn are the ones that do not match) and I believe it should be OK? Anyway, when I take the battery out and keep home and Vol+ pressed, it just boots to "safe mode", there is no "green text". It just boots normally, but to safe mode. Dreis911 said, to press menu and Vol-, well that just boots to CWM... I must be missing something? :wacko:

About "vol-" or "vol+" I can't assure you of anything because I don't do it a long time ago. But I have some notes I took that tell me that it's "vol-" and "menu".

Anyway, you should have a \image folder in your SDCard. Because if you don't you won't see any green text.

The \image folder should contain the TPT. Try one of these: http://www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads/blade-tpts

After that you can upgrade to cwm6.0.2.7

Guest MSuomi

About "vol-" or "vol+" I can't assure you of anything because I don't do it a long time ago. But I have some notes I took that tell me that it's "vol-" and "menu".

Anyway, you should have a \image folder in your SDCard. Because if you don't you won't see any green text.

The \image folder should contain the TPT. Try one of these: http://www.amphoras....oads/blade-tpts

After that you can upgrade to cwm6.0.2.7

There is image-folder and there are the files. As I told, I checked it out with TPT-helper. There is no fitting image there either, closest one is 160 system partition, but as I said, ROM and gapps do not fit into that, it should be 165. I already have Konstat's modified 6027 cwm.... Everything should be ok, but I just cannot get it to make the partitioning. Maybe something to do with the image? I really wouldn't want to bother with trimming rom or gapps to make it fit. Strange that no-one has yet made a fitting image for this rom/gapps-combination (165/2)...

Guest dreis911

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94953985/my_cm-10.1-20130724-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

There is image-folder and there are the files. As I told, I checked it out with TPT-helper. There is no fitting image there either, closest one is 160 system partition, but as I said, ROM and gapps do not fit into that, it should be 165. I already have Konstat's modified 6027 cwm.... Everything should be ok, but I just cannot get it to make the partitioning. Maybe something to do with the image? I really wouldn't want to bother with trimming rom or gapps to make it fit. Strange that no-one has yet made a fitting image for this rom/gapps-combination (165/2)...

Well, KonstaT has provided the ROM as it is.

He even had the care to inform that it would not fit the former partition size of 160MB.

If someone needs to trim it, let him do it himself for only he will know what is expendable.

KonstaT has already done a huge "work of art"... now it's time for us to do our own work.

Now, as I know that some are just starting I'll share my zip files (that fit 160MB).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94953985/my_cm-10.1-20130724-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94953985/my_gapps-jb42-20130307-KonstaKANG.zip

Remember that these are trimmed MY WAY.

Guest elrond_bs

You can't expect anything, you don't pay KonstaT 1000$ a month to expect him to work for you. He spend so much time and effort for free, without him we would still have half working 4.0.x at best.

I expect you to stop spamming and find another place to troll. Unlike you, I have all reasons (the forum rules) to expect such thing. Or you may get (another) ban.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Is it just me or Google maps doesn't work anymore?

many people aren't happy with the maps update - mostly due to features being dumbed down.

in addition on zte v9 (very similar to blade) I sometimes get rapid jumping around of the map image. kinda looks like double/triple buffering gone wrong. I don't think I'm the only one with this problem, but I don't know if it's specific to blade/v9 or just the new maps apk being crap code...

Guest agpoli

USE MAPS 5.0.0 VERSION GUYS IT WORKS.....TRY THIS!

"File Unavailable for Transfer

Distribution of this file has been disabled because of a possible violation of our Terms of Service. If you would like to dispute this, please contact the claimant below."

Guest KonstaT

Couple of small updates.

Updated Gapps package. ROM + Gapps from the first post should again fit to 160mb /system.

gapps-jb42-20130805-KonstaKANG.zip

https://hotfile.com/dl/237876212/0ef4032/gapps-jb42-20130805-KonstaKANG.zip.html

md5:680e41c4744c4b300aac52683acd05d2

-removed Talk (it was replaced by Hangouts anyway)

-latest Google Play (4.2.9)

-newer Google Search (2.1.12.516912) but nowhere near the latest though

Here's ARMv6 build of CyanogenMod's new camera app, Focal. It is still considered alpha and you can easily crash it by simply 'doing it wrong'. Irony is that it seems to work better here than on my 'better' devices. :P

CyanogenMod-Focal-ARMv6.zip

https://hotfile.com/dl/237875179/5186c62/CyanogenMod-Focal-ARMv6.zip.html

md5:2355f8df6dc0d06e4bfe21e08e99a022

Guest youngsta2010

The "jumpy thing" in maps is due to network location, turning that off fixed it for me. I also agree new maps sucks! Thanks KonstaT for updates.

Guest MSuomi

Damn! I have been trying to put a new TPT, to optimize the memory layout. But after trying with 3 different SD-cards and checking everything that comes to my mind, I have to conclude I must have one of those Blades that don't have the ability to apply a TPT. It just doesn't do the flashing, no matter what combination of vol- and menu-buttons I try.

Edited by MSuomi

Guest MSuomi

the combination to TPT is Vol+, Menu and Power.

Yes, I know. I have read many threads about this topic and the only thing that makes sense, is that I have a version where there isn't that TPT-ability. Phone just boots to ROM and goes to safe mode, if I boot with those buttons pressed.

Guest matcho13579

Yes, I know. I have read many threads about this topic and the only thing that makes sense, is that I have a version where there isn't that TPT-ability. Phone just boots to ROM and goes to safe mode, if I boot with those buttons pressed.

When I was doing TPT for the first time, it didn't work too. Just keep trying over and over (remember to press all three keys at once)