[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest SteinerM

Still not officially supported on 4.2, that is why I didn't recommend it. Use it for a while and post again if you run into problems or if it works OK. It's good to know.

* Sorry for double post.

I have tested link2sd since several days, absolutely goes well without bugs.

Guest robreid

I have tested link2sd since several days, absolutely goes well without bugs.

Same here. I've used it on all three releases of this ROM and all releases of CM10, linked all my apps, played about etc. and I've had absolutely no problems.

Guest sej7278

why notifications dont work for facebook messenger?

because the android facebook app is probably the worst piece of software since adobe acrobat?

Guest emotty

This latest build the UI seems very slow to me compared to other builds. Anyone happening the same?

yes to me too,kind of stalls,not very responsive sometimes,clicking home softbutton after making changes in settings seems to take ages (prob 4/5 seconds) but i really dont mind its a lovely rom :)

Guest emotty

I agree about battery being pretty bad,mine is in airplane mode,woke this morning to 59% of battery remaning :)

phone would not wake on any key except power ;)

Edited by emotty

Guest sej7278

I agree about battery being pretty bad,mine is in airplane mode,woke this morning to 59% of battery remaning :)

something odd there. you got 3g/data enabled?

my phone hasn't done much at all and after 2 days its at 86%, so not as good as cm9/cm10 i guess.

Guest SteinerM

something odd there. you got 3g/data enabled?

my phone hasn't done much at all and after 2 days its at 86%, so not as good as cm9/cm10 i guess.

I'm using it like any other rom, and it's much more weaker than the last cm10 or cm9.

wifi, 3g/data is enable all the time. It can works for up to 2 days, but who want to use it like an old phone? 2 calls/day or 2 sms... it's not enough. :)

(i have a month old original zte battery.)post-997775-0-20459600-1357635352_thumb.

I want to use this rom, but let me know your experiences about battery life.

Edited by SteinerM

Guest leripe

-

wifi, 3g/data is enable all the time. It can works for up to 2 days, but who want to use it like an old phone? 2 calls/day or 2 sms... it's not enough. :)

-

older phones lasted weeks, after touchscreens 3+ days is incredible for battery life

Guest Walwon

I experienced the same. This rom is far the best, which i ever have tried, but the battery performance is rubbish. :/

Well, I do not agree. In my opinion. the battery life on this ROM is VERY good - better than on KonstaT's CM10 ROM. I do not use my phone that much, but with several minutes of phone calls, several SMS and about 30 minutes of WiFi per day the battery easily serves at least 3 days. Overnight, when on the flight mode, battery drops by 3-4% or even less.

Generally, it is an excellent ROM and I'm really impressed by Konstat's work.

The only problem that I'm facing with it from time to time is that, especially after a longer sleep time, I can not unlock the phone. No matter if I use "swype to onlock" or "draw a pattern to unlock", it is the same. It seems that the phone does not react to touch, although both the screen and the keys under it are backlighted.

Hi Konsta,

like as @peta809 post, we have same problem. Users want to watch online tv without connectivity.

Sould be possible look it for this, why in cm9/10 rom not work property ?

Jan

Guest James Horny

Hi Konsta,

like as @peta809 post, we have same problem. Users want to watch online tv without connectivity.

Sould be possible look it for this, why in cm9/10 rom not work property ?

Jan

Hmmm. "Users want to watch online tv without connectivity"

I would like that too! :D

Hey there,

Many thanks to KonstaT and contributors, this rom has quickly become my daily rom, thanks to its excellent performance and overall behaviour.

To add my experience to the previous answers, I've been using link2sd succesfully since the first version, and last version's UI doesn't seem particularly slow or laggy (I'm using Apex Launcher, btw); I also didn't experience any battery drain, in any version.

Now my issue: is EAP-SIM working for someone on this rom?

I seem to remember that some users had it working in previous roms, which means the Blade is EAP-SIM-capable (correct me if I'm wrong), but I just can't have it to work on mine with this rom (0601) - didn't try on previous roms as it was not provided by my carrier by this time.

I keep getting a buildIdentity error (I can post config & logs if anyone cares) which did not give me interesting results (or at least results I could work with) in google & forums.

To sum up:

• Is the blade EAP-SIM-capable?
  • Is EAP-SIM theoretically possible on this rom? (kernel or whatever)
  • Does anyone have a working config for EAP-SIM on this rom?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help!

Edited by Guest

Guest KonstaT

yes to me too,kind of stalls,not very responsive sometimes,clicking home softbutton after making changes in settings seems to take ages (prob 4/5 seconds) but i really dont mind its a lovely rom :)

That sounds a lot like what ondemand cpu governor tends to cause sometimes. Try switching to smartass2.

Battery performance is the same as usual for me. Shouldn't be much of a difference (if any) to CM9/10.

To sum up:

• Is the blade EAP-SIM-capable?
  • Is EAP-SIM theoretically possible on this rom? (kernel or whatever)
  • Does anyone have a working config for EAP-SIM on this rom?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will help!

OK, EAP-SIM seems to be a very "French" topic, actually :P

Further research on a different perspective seems to indicate that CM10 is not fully EAP-SIM compatible, which would answer point 2.

If point 1 could be confirmed, maybe the this post (comment 14) could help? If I get it correctly, looks like some kernel functionality is not enabled in CM10, thus preventing EAP-SIM from working.

Can anyone here confirm or infirm this could be (part of) the issue?

If it is a possible cause: KonstaT, is there any chance you'd enable this option in your rom? Don't know if you meant to diverge from CM10.1 in terms of functionalities... (sorry, I had to try :D)

I'll try to build by myself if I can finally find time to do it.

Edited by Guest

Guest Walwon

That sounds a lot like what ondemand cpu governor tends to cause sometimes. Try switching to smartass2.

I'm using smartass2 but still I experience the problems with the unlock screen that sometimes just freezes. I have to swype it several times before finally the phone unlocks. Fortunatelly, this does not happen too often. :-)

Guest robreid

Try switching to smartass2.

What are the best CPU settings for our blades?

Is it safe to overclock? And I know it varies between processors but I am reluctant to do it as I'm sure I fried the processor on my last blade by overclocking too much, went really hot then hard bricked.

Guest HDuser

What are the best CPU settings for our blades?

Is it safe to overclock? And I know it varies between processors but I am reluctant to do it as I'm sure I fried the processor on my last blade by overclocking too much, went really hot then hard bricked.

personally for me overclocking doesnt make any difference in speed, Overclock is always a danger mine can only overclock to 670 mhz more then that can cause me to soft reboots. So there's no benefit in my point of view.

Guest пенис

How do you overclock in this ROM? No Programmer Options in definitions :S

You can change in Settings/Performance/Processor ... Governor, frequency min/max.

Guest lamppis

Hmm what might be the problem as "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."? Play market doesn't work either just says "Server error".

It's clean install using gen2. stock tpt.