[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

For those with GPS issues, are you using the most appropriate server for your location? I use Faster Fix it to reset my default GPS server after every flash, then GPS fix is far quicker.

No relation, but does anyone know exactly why MAC address spoofing no longer works on 4.2.2? It used to work perfectly well on 4.2.1...

I tried ifconfig & ip link (or MAC address ghost, which is the same), and both methods fail, with an error message like "Operation not supported on transport endpoint", which suggests the interface has somehow changed.

I need this because a hotspot provider has the bad habit of blacklisting MAC's which connect without identifying immediately - which obviously occurs when you walk by with your phone in your pocket...

Edited by Guest

Guest coolizard

Hello.

The gallery doesn´t generate previews of the recorded videos with camera. I supose that already fixed, but isn't working for me. Is there something I can do?

I have problems viewing videos with hardware decoding too (that I don't have in CM7).

Guest dreis911

For those with GPS issues, are you using the most appropriate server for your location? I use Faster Fix it to reset my default GPS server after every flash, then GPS fix is far quicker.

I'm sorry for the ignorance but, what do you mean by "GPS server"?

Can I install it on gen2 phone? I have repartitioned my internal storage and enabled TPT using this guide. Sorry for noobish question, I'm new on Blade and I don't fully understend to this things.

Guest Sisal

Can I install it on gen2 phone? I have repartitioned my internal storage and enabled TPT using this guide. Sorry for noobish question, I'm new on Blade and I don't fully understend to this things.

Don't hold your horses! :P

Guest khadu

Sometimes the GPS takes a long time to get a fix...

Sometimes, after a supposed fixed position, the GPS misplaces my position of about 2 or 3 blocks.

After reboot it goes well... (minor problem!)

yes, it does take bit long to fix location some times but i tried it again and even though the app tells me that i am getting appropriate data from alot of satellites , it still can't fix my location ( this time tried for 5 min. by clock )

seems to be something more than just a usual delay

Guest khizhny

yes, it does take bit long to fix location some times but i tried it again and even though the app tells me that i am getting appropriate data from alot of satellites , it still can't fix my location ( this time tried for 5 min. by clock )

seems to be something more than just a usual delay

I used gps test to reset a-gps cache. That helps.

Guest ivenae

Hello.

The gallery doesn´t generate previews of the recorded videos with camera. I supose that already fixed, but isn't working for me. Is there something I can do?

I have problems viewing videos with hardware decoding too (that I don't have in CM7).

i have this problem, too. i think it is not fixed.

Guest peetu20

Yes, you can install this to gen2 device. Make sure your system partition is 160mb or more!

Guest peetu20

i have this problem, too. i think it is not fixed.

my gallery preview is fine, with videos too. Of course f you have big pictures, it takes veeryy long time to load preview at the first time. After you have loaded them once, those loads fine and quickly always :)

I'm sorry for the ignorance but, what do you mean by "GPS server"?

Well you should google "a-gps" to get a more accurate answer, but the idea is that your blade makes use of positioning tables for your gps to fix satellites more quickly.

These tables are downloaded from the internet but different servers are available: the more "local" your server is, the quicker the fix (in theory).

Edited by Guest

Guest Maarten Lambrecht

I'm still having battery drain on 3G. BetterBatteryStats didn't find the problem.

Here are some screens:

During the day, using wifi. This looks quite normal to me:

post-910361-0-31060300-1364031382_thumb.

During the day, using 3G. This doesn't look good:

post-910361-0-49680600-1364031364_thumb.

During the night, with 3G on. This uses to much battery I think:

post-910361-0-07604100-1364032107_thumb.

post-910361-0-49680600-1364031364_thumb.

post-910361-0-31060300-1364031382_thumb.

post-910361-0-07604100-1364032107_thumb.

Guest KonstaT

Just a quick question: when looking at my phone's status, just above my IMEI number there is a section which shows my phone number.

But this is not correct, any simple ways to fix it?

Thanks

Yes, put in a SIM card that supports this feature. ;) It's not a ROM related issue, it displays accurate phone number on one of my SIMs and other displays 'unknown'.

recently i tried to get my location on google maps with gps ( without any internet connection) , and i was unable to do so.

then i installed gps test plus and when i enter the app, it shows that gps is rendering information from around 10 sattelites but even after standing still for my location for about 1-2 min. my location could not be fixed ; compared to cm10 by konsta t , in which it used to get my location within 10-15 sec. . i guess there might be something in this rom itself creating problems with gps.

i am not complaining about it , instead i just want to know does anybody else have a problem with gps ?

My GPS is also not working

I also cant get GPS to work. Im using tmn drive

Go outside. :P GPS doesn't work if you have five floors of concrete over your head.

If you're using Google Maps, you need to allow Google apps to access your location.

Guest peetu20

Yes, put in a SIM card that supports this feature. ;) It's not a ROM related issue, it displays accurate phone number on one of my SIMs and other displays 'unknown'.

Go outside. GPS doesn't work if you have five floors of concrete over your head.

If you're using Google Maps, you need to allow Google apps to access your location.

:P you always have suitable answer :D

Guest Lazaroid

What precise video codecs are currently supported for hardware decoding with, e.g., mxplayer? I've got a set of mpeg2 files that I want to encode (to keep a small child amused on a train journey!) but any formats I've tried so far will only play back with SW decoding, and even the mpeg2 files are a bit jerky! :(

Guest peetu20

What precise video codecs are currently supported for hardware decoding with, e.g., mxplayer? I've got a set of mpeg2 files that I want to encode (to keep a small child amused on a train journey!) but any formats I've tried so far will only play back with SW decoding, and even the mpeg2 files are a bit jerky! :(

use mp4 videos, those plays well

:)

Guest khadu

Go outside. :P GPS doesn't work if you have five floors of concrete over your head.

although i was already testing gps outside in quite a large open space and google apps did have the permission to access location (and even gps test didn't get a fix at the location) ,i made a backup of my current rom and went back to cm10 by konsta t , just to check if gps on my device was working, and as expected it (gps test) got a fix at my location qiute fast ( in about 15-20 sec.) .

i never expected , and am really thankful that konsta t himself gave his view and it seems from his comment that gps works fine for him.

now i'll just flash this rom after a full wipe and see if gps works for me and will update my post if it does .

EDIT : i flashed the rom after a full wipe, installed gps test , went to settings within the app , cleared a -gps , switched on gps and kept the phone outside . i came back after about 8 min. and the app had my location set with 8 sattelites in view and accuracy of about 5 ft.

Conclusion- gps works fine on this rom, if it does not for u , there's something wrong with ur device.

Edited by khadu

Guest JimBobBobJim

So far, so good-ish: cleaned, wiped and installed the 6/3 release but the digitizer isn't responding. Doesn't appear to be a common issue after browsing the thread, so has anyone else come across the issue (and have a fix)? For what it's worth, the digitizer is a replacement from a ZTE Blade, after breaking the one on the San Francisco, and it works fine under Swedish Snow...

Thanks.

Guest Lazaroid

use mp4 videos, those plays well

:)

Mp4 with baseline profile higher profile won't work

Thanks for the pointers. Sorry if it's a bit off-topic but might help others:

I had a quick go at just straight converting them (ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline foo_bar.mp4) and it did let me select hardware decoding but was still laggy (resolution was 720x576 scaled to 1024x576 for the correct aspect ratio).

I'm now rescaling to 512x288, i.e. half the scaled resolution with: ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline -s 512:288 foo_bar.mp4

These seem to play back pretty much perfectly, although bizarrely MxPlayer immediately exits if I have it set to h/w as default decoder. However, I can immediately switch to h/w and it's happy! Such is life! :)

Guest dreis911

Well you should google "a-gps" to get a more accurate answer, but the idea is that your blade makes use of positioning tables for your gps to fix satellites more quickly.

These tables are downloaded from the internet but different servers are available: the more "local" your server is, the quicker the fix (in theory).

Still haven't look at A-GPS over Google but...

I thought that the almanac was downloaded directly from the GPS satellites! That's why the "cold start" takes so long to acquire position!

Guest peetu20

Thanks for the pointers. Sorry if it's a bit off-topic but might help others:

I had a quick go at just straight converting them (ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline foo_bar.mp4) and it did let me select hardware decoding but was still laggy (resolution was 720x576 scaled to 1024x576 for the correct aspect ratio).

I'm now rescaling to 512x288, i.e. half the scaled resolution with: ffmpeg -i foo_bar.mpg -profile baseline -s 512:288 foo_bar.mp4

These seem to play back pretty much perfectly, although bizarrely MxPlayer immediately exits if I have it set to h/w as default decoder. However, I can immediately switch to h/w and it's happy! Such is life! :)

Just convert every video to 480x800 in mp4 format and enjoy. And use h/w decoder not the h/w+ decoder

Guest ivenae

my gallery preview is fine, with videos too. Of course f you have big pictures, it takes veeryy long time to load preview at the first time. After you have loaded them once, those loads fine and quickly always :)

not here! video previews are not available in gallerie, quickpic and also in whatsapp after uploading a video to friends. me myself an those who get this uploaded videofile only see a video icon instead of a thumbnail-picture captured out of the video.

this happens only for the videos which are made with the integrated camera. videos sent from other phones or which are still on my sd-card from my old phone have a correct thumbnail. I'm not sure if videos work which are made with an older image with this phone.