[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Konsta can you add Hot Reboot option in the reboot menu like it was in CM10?

Cause sometimes when the phone slows down it is better to restart the system ui than the whole phone.

Developer options > Advanced reboot

Guest peetu20

Hi,

Thanx for the link. So I should remove my MicroSD card and connect it to the computer using a card reader and use the above software to partition it to ext4, right ?

1. Cwm extensions are ext3, right, but you can mount them as ext4

2. You just mount usb, wipe card, open minipartition tool, choose smthing like delete partition. Then create ext3 primary partition, and one logical fat32 partition.

But I personally recommend to use cmw for partitioning, no need to waste time and break sdcards with partition tools, even if you cannot use them correctly :)

Guest robreid

This just enabled reboot option, not hot reboot option( we do not have it yet/ never)

Yeah advanced reboot just enables reboot to recovery and bootloader - hot reboot has been removed in cm10.1.

After clean install everythig works fine. :D First I installed the rom and GAPPS, and after Chronmod script. I have 1 GB internal memory ;)

Thumbs up for chronmod, chronmod is awesome.

Guest khadu

After clean install everythig works fine. :D First I installed the rom and GAPPS, and after Chronmod script. I have 1 GB internal memory ;)

can u please explain about the cronmod script or give a link for me to see ............

Hi,

I tried that 4.2.2 ROM on my Blade. I like it very much, but it doesn't run smooth on my blade.

So I tried to overclock @710MHz (@729MHz it freezes in a few seconds).

The problem is still there: often delayed response on finger touchs, up popping windows "application closed" etc.

Yesterday I tried this 4.1.2 ROM, and it works perfectly smooth without any tricks @604MHz.

Any ideas, what went wrong?

If you don't have a sim card inserted the phone runs like s***, just enable air plane mode (this may have been fixed since I last used the ROM)

If you do have a sim, ignore this comment :)

Guest klacirtg

can u please explain about the cronmod script or give a link for me to see ............

Download to PC this link http://d-h.st/Otj . This is a small zip.

First at all make an apropriate ext2 partition on Your SD card, it should be max. 1 or 2 GB.

Copy the rom, the GAPPS, and Chronmod zip to SD card.

After this do a clean install of the rom and GAPPS:

1. Wipe data/factory reset.

2. Format boot, format system.

3. Wipe Dalwik cache.

Install the rom, after the GAPPS, and last the Chronmod zip. Reboot and enjoy :)

Guest coolizard

Hello. Here´s what i thing about s2e and this rom:

S2E from 2nd page of this threat works fine for me (install, reboot, open s2e and check "mount as ext4", reboot).

The only thing is that you can´t put 1Gb of apps because you have some app files in the internal memory for each app (dalvik and data), so you install apps, you have a lot of space on the ext partion and your internal memory goes low.

You have some alternatives here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716124.

But move all the data to ext (including dalvik and data files) causes lag with a low speed card and a lot of reading/writing can cause damage to the card (theoricaly).

Guest khadu

First at all make an apropriate ext2 partition on Your SD card, it should be max. 1 or 2 GB.

3. Wipe Dalwik cache.

Install the rom, after the GAPPS, and last the Chronmod zip. Reboot and enjoy :)

thank you very much. i already have an extension of 1 gb made by clockworkmod recovery, i guess it would work, isn't it

And is it better than s2e , in matter of speed, as s2e makes the device a bit slow if dalvik and data both are selected.

Edited by khadu

Guest vNa5h

3. Wipe Dalwik cache.

Have you tried the cronmodv2+

What's the diff..

Does it work for our blades

Guest vNa5h

whats the status of bugs wrt 4.1.2...

The last time I used 4.2.2....

It was highly unstable work soft reboots on lock screens..

S2e giving issues like not mounting ext

Guest custompal

There is something wrong with my blade, the Yahoo weather of lock clock unable to query the location,can anyone solve it? (sorry for my bad English)

Guest UEGHIO

...Still have battery drain. If I do not use phone at all, it losses power in one day.

Me too,deactivated google automatic backup,deep sleep seems to work.Telephone is also very slow to charge.Any suggestion is welcome

It seems that the reason of battery drain is tunring wifi by itself during "sleeping".

Is there a fix for this?Thanks Edited by UEGHIO

Guest szpilasty

There is something wrong with my blade, the Yahoo weather of lock clock unable to query the location,can anyone solve it? (sorry for my bad English)

Same here. It was working on 24.03 software. Is this a problem with Yahoo or my location (Poland)?

Guest nohab013

maybe V6 SuperCharger Script can help you

I've tried it with my phablet but it causes random reboots 1-2 times a day on average (longest ontime was 32 hours since the install). Makes the phone feel _definietly_ faster, tough.

Any other/better experiences?

Edited by nohab013

Guest nohab013

yes and how to tell OS not to cache apps like maps(rarely),talk which i never used even once

of course you can freeze them...anything other than that

An other option (for maps for example) that you don't allow the OS to start it automatically (there are more applications for that operation, i use autostarts with the red car logo).

Edited by nohab013

Guest alexepl

Same here. It was working on 24.03 software. Is this a problem with Yahoo or my location (Poland)?

it's a common issue, I'm on cm10 and I have the same problem. It has something to do with yahoo, according to what i've read.

Guest jpdoliveira

Me too,deactivated google automatic backup,deep sleep seems to work.Telephone is also very slow to charge.Any suggestion is welcome

Is there a fix for this?Thanks

Do a clean install. My phone is on smartassv2 250-650 and no batery drain issue

Edited by jpdoliveira

Guest robreid

Have you tried the cronmodv2+

What's the diff..

Does it work for our blades

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had tried cronmodv2+ as well.

It's supposed to have some bug fixes and stuff, and I'd be very surprised if it didn't work on our blades.

Cronmod-INT2EXT+ is amazing so I wonder if this will be better.

Edited by robreid

Guest vNa5h

I'd be interested to hear if anyone had tried cronmodv2+ as well.

It's supposed to have some bug fixes and stuff, and I'd be very surprised if it didn't work on our blades.

Cronmod-INT2EXT+ is amazing so I wonder if this will be better.

Will try when I flash the pac rom...

Guest snarkavenger

1) Yes, wifi management seems to be poor (left on when there are no push apps running and the screen is dark), I turn off when not actively using and keep phone in 2G mode

2) May I suggest you consider Tint Browser as default on this ROM as it's one of the few 3rd party browsers that's smaller than the original? (and it looks better than Naked)

Guest raizor6th

Woah...

i just noticed that there was 24dp added for nav bar size from last release. Wonder why i didn't see that in changelog or maybe it was for me. Thanks konstaT i didn't really expect you would hear me, you're a great man and a great dev.

Cheers

Guest Norc69

Moi KonstaT,

Now, that is unbelievable! This ROM on a 2010 phone, wow!

It was a bit difficult for me to get Amphora going, but now, it's flawless, no battery drain, some proximity trick sorted by calibration. Now again, I cannot retire my phone - to good value for the money I paid in 2010.

Thank you!