Signal Boost/UMA on Xolo ICS?

Guest Horsa

Hi chaps,

Had a search but didn't see this mentioned.

Is it possible to extract the Signal Boost UMA app and apply it to Xolo ICS?

I know there's a bit more to it than pushing the apk, but I'd rather like to have it.

Phone was on orange ICS when I got it, 26/12/12.

Although I suspect that it may have been upgraded from GB in store while I was there, they had some trouble transferring my old number and there was a fair wait.

Never used it, but noticed it was there.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Phone was on orange ICS when I got it, 26/12/12.

Although I suspect that it may have been upgraded from GB in store while I was there, they had some trouble transferring my old number and there was a fair wait.

Never used it, but noticed it was there.

Strange really because I'm UK based and so started with GB (before ICS was released) moved to Xolo ICS because they were quicker than Orange then tried Orange ICS before moving back to Xolo again and yet I have never seen signal boost on my phone. Being in a poor reception(fairly rural) area myself and the son(Galaxy 2) could make use of this. Has anybody else got/had the signal boost app at any time?

In my googling for ideas about how to do it, I must say I've found no reference to it being available.

I'm positive I saw it on my 'phone though. Wee orange house icon.

Unless something new turns up you can probably safely ignore me, pity as it would be handy in my local where the walls are lined with lead or something.

At least I wasn't dreaming then!

Could be handy to get a hold of a rip of this, but it's not a straight apk install. It has associated libraries, so it will take someone a bit more savvy than me to do it. Oh, and someone with access to a stock Orange ICS OSD.

Guest Biohead

Just looking through this topic...

I've just received my OSD (came with 4.0.4 out the box) and there's definitely no Orange Home / UMA app at all, otherwise I'd have had a go at pulling the files off it.

Seem's some have it and some don't? The specs on the Orange site say it doesn't have UMA at all either.

Edited by Biohead

Guest Biohead

Now got that running on ICS - had to put the system files on though as they are missing on Orange ICS.

Just need to find a way to make sure it works though... ideas?

Guest Biohead

The house icon was red all last night... restarted the phone this morning, left it for an hour and when I came back the house icon is now green.

Unfortunately I live pretty close to an Orange mast, so not really able to get a weak signal to verify.

Guest Simon O

If the house is green then this means it has loaded and connected to the Kineto server. It should work.

Kineto being the service that Orange use to route calls over WiFi

Guest Doogie Howser

I'd really like to try this as I get a pretty variable reception at home. I've downloaded the above files and installed the app but it ain't working. I'm presuming I need to install the other files but I don't know how, could someone explain as long as it's not too complex?

Ta,

Stu.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'd really like to try this as I get a pretty variable reception at home. I've downloaded the above files and installed the app but it ain't working. I'm presuming I need to install the other files but I don't know how, could someone explain as long as it's not too complex?

Ta,

Stu.

Copy the SignalBoost folder you downloaded into C:\SanDiego\tools. Then create a new text document and paste the following into it ;-

adb.exe kill-server

adb.exe start-server

adb.exe wait-for-device

adb remount

sleep 5

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\app\signalboost.apk /system/app

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\etc\rild.conf /system/etc

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libganril.so /system/lib

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\libkineto.so /system/lib

adb push C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost\lib\librilswitch.so /system/lib

adb reboot

sleep 5

adb.exe kill-server

save the text file into C:\SanDiego\tools and rename it to a .bat file. Plug your phone in and run the .bat file you just created.

I've just installed it and it runs perfectly, you'll find the app in your app drawer.

Guest BlueMoonRising

SignalBoost app along with other system files that are required - just in case the ROM doesn't have them (although the Xolo ROM does appear to)

Download

Thanks for the download, although it definitely wasn't on mine. In fact I don't believe it's been on any of the zips I've installed and I had to reflash Xolo today after soft bricking it with your google apps pack (that was probably my fault by the way).

Guest Simon O

Xolo ICS doesn't have the apk - although it has the libs for some reason. Orange ICS has the apk if you've upgraded from Gingerbread to ICS. New phones are coming with ICS installed don't appear to have SignalBoost which is rather odd.

Guest Doogie Howser

Can't get this to install. I've not tried anything like this since I last tried to re-install Orange ICS when my screen started flickering after the update in November. I've got the Intel drivers installed properly along with the tool that Ricky had developed at the beginning of November. Any ideas what I should do? Delete Orange folder and download the new AIO tool?

Ta,

Stu.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Can't get this to install. I've not tried anything like this since I last tried to re-install Orange ICS when my screen started flickering after the update in November. I've got the Intel drivers installed properly along with the tool that Ricky had developed at the beginning of November. Any ideas what I should do? Delete Orange folder and download the new AIO tool?

Ta,

Stu.

Presuming you're rooted have you tried the script I posted farther up? If so at what point did it fail? Any screenshots perhaps?