[q] what battery life are you getting?

Guest xgt001

Guest Hpi_matrix

I dont seem to be getting anywhere near as good battery life as other people and certainly no where near as good as my omnia 7, this is only the 2nd time ive charged the phone though so will it get better after a couple more charges? The phone arrived to me with orange ICS and all ive done is switch to Xolo ICS, I leave everything on other then bluetooth. Is my battery duff?

Lae9p.png

Guest Pondlife

Without knowing how long that screen has been on to use the 43% of the 27% used in 6hrs no one can really reach much in the way of a conclusion.

Looking at the awake times I'm guessing about 1.5-2 hours?

Edited by Pondlife

Guest Hpi_matrix

Without knowing how long that screen has been on to use the 43% of the 27% used in 6hrs no one can really reach much in the way of a conclusion.

Looking at the awake times I'm guessing about 1.5-2 hours?

I would guess the screen has been on 45 minutes at most, I havent done anything intensive on the phone and it certainly hasnt been on for 2 hours.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Turn off everything you don't need at that moment, presuming you're rooted delete social gallery, it's a real battery hog. It won't do any harm to flatten your battery and fully charge it either although it may not be necessary nowadays.

Guest Pondlife

If you press in the area for screen on the battery page it will show screen on time.

Looking on the other items might show which has been keeping the phone awake

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

when i kill everything with the inbuilt task manager why do previously open apps continue to drain the battery at 1-3%, should they not be closed?

Which apps?

Guest Pondlife

Google maps will have relaunched as a background app unless you've actually disabled it. But are they continuing to use more power or is it just showing what they've already used?

Guest topcat07

Google maps will have relaunched as a background app unless you've actually disabled it. But are they continuing to use more power or is it just showing what they've already used?

im not sure iam going into settings > battery

and it gives you % of screen etc does this show what is being used or what has been used?

Guest BlueMoonRising

im not sure iam going into settings > battery

and it gives you % of screen etc does this show what is being used or what has been used?

It's what HAS been used, press refresh and it'll change anyway.

Guest Pondlife

Yeah it's what has been used since it was last charged. So they shouldn't be vanishing from the list, but should decrease in %age usage as other things use the battery.

Guest topcat07

Yeah it's what has been used since it was last charged. So they shouldn't be vanishing from the list, but should decrease in %age usage as other things use the battery.

great stuff very useful in built function

Guest markhuges

Anyone know roughly how much using mp3 only would use in a hour percent wise?

Anyone know roughly how much using mp3 only would use in a hour percent wise?

By Mp3 i think you mean Music Right? if so with headphones i get 1 hour use with around 3-4% Sometimes - also depends how often you turn on screen change tracks, etc

Guest topcat07

By Mp3 i think you mean Music Right? if so with headphones i get 1 hour use with around 3-4% Sometimes - also depends how often you turn on screen change tracks, etc

yea that's proper good is that with in built stock music player?

Guest Gibson.1
bi assume Google play music is local songs and your not steaming from the cloud?

Yeah all local songs, don't have any in the cloud to compare streaming battery use.

Guest Pondlife

It's a kind of pointless question as it will depend what else you've been doing on the phone. I've had over 5 hours, maybe even over 6 and under an hour depending on how I was using the phone.

The under an hour was mainly streaming google play music, best make sure on wifi or unlimited package for that.. Used over 2gbs :)

Streaming definitely uses more battery, much more.