Mobile Update

Guest MrPuddington

Guest BlueMoonRising

I would recommend that, anybody going to there closest Orange store, to ask if an update is available to Jelly Bean 4.1, is available in store, and if it will be available as an OTA update.

This will make no difference whatsoever, they're either going to release JB or they're not. The people selling the phones in the stores will have absolutely no influence on this in the slightest

Keep asking the Orange helpers will similarly have no effect and all you'll end up with is different dates and yes/no/maybe answers.

Guest techosdkid

This will make no difference whatsoever, they're either going to release JB or they're not. The people selling the phones in the stores will have absolutely no influence on this in the slightest

Keep asking the Orange helpers will similarly have no effect and all you'll end up with is different dates and yes/no/maybe answers.

But how come when i ask them, they suggest to go to store ? . To be honest you're probably right.

Edited by techosdkid

Guest Raihan42

I know this whole will we / won't we business is driving some of us a bit crazy, but I just wanted to say that the OTA updater on my unmodified Orange ICS OSD has been increasingly nagging me to install the 12MB update this past fortnight. What I mean is that the frequency of the reminders has definitely increased. Prior to this, it only nagged me every 2-3 months about undownloaded OTA updates. Has anyone else noticed this? Could it mean anything? I haven't taken the 12MB download, BTW.

The 12mb update stops root access (afaik) and it probably does affect future updates. I also have an unmodified clean OSD but no updates not even a 12mb one.

Guest xolo x900_2

I think if orange says it's available on say Friday then xolo might get it Wednesday... Since that's what happened with the ics update...

Guest xolo x900_2

The 12mb update stops root access (afaik) and it probably does affect future updates. I also have an unmodified clean OSD but no updates not even a 12mb one.

What I think is happening is orange might be talking to xolo and megafone and might be timing there release accordingly.... ;-)

Guest intheblue

http://prezi.com/ca2...untitled-prezi/

Something I stumbled onto.... Has a lot of xolo in it.... If anyone can understand please reply...

Wow, 9 phones launching in the next 3-4 months, is there a niche in the mid to low end Android handset market that Xolo isn't not targeting???

No wonder they are not shipping Jelly Bean updates with all of the ROMs they have to prep for these phones

Perhaps the most interesting thing in the roadmap for readers of this forum is the Q2 scheduled launch of the following phone:

X910: 1.6GHz Intel CP/4.3 qHD /5 MP/2000 mAh

This roadmap doesn't contain any more details on this model but other phones are due to launch with Android 4.2 or 4.1. There is also some mention of Xolo 'added value features', so the new ROMs might not be close to stock as the X900 ICS that we all love...boo!

The roadmap provides no answers on whether the X900 will get 4.1 and any use of the roadmap info to analyse the likely release or not would be pure speculation.

Edited by intheblue

Guest xolo x900_2

Wow, 9 phones launching in the next 3-4 months, is there a niche in the mid to low end Android handset market that Xolo isn't not targeting???

No wonder they are not shipping Jelly Bean updates with all of the ROMs they have to prep for these phones

Perhaps the most interesting thing in the roadmap for readers of this forum is the Q2 scheduled launch of the following phone:

X910: 1.6GHz Intel CP/4.3 qHD /5 MP/2000 mAh

This roadmap doesn't contain any more details on this model but other phones are due to launch with Android 4.2 or 4.1. There is also some mention of Xolo 'added value features', so the new ROMs might not be close to stock as the X900 ICS that we all love...boo!

The roadmap provides no answers on whether the X900 will get 4.1 and any use of the roadmap info to analyse the likely release or not would be pure speculation.

Yeah but there is something about fota at the end.... Seen it??? Also there is a tegra 3 phone for 16000 rupees.... Which in UK round 200 pounds.... Also I don't think people are stupid to buy phones from xolo with the bad reviews about their service and also stupidity they do with the phones....

Guest intheblue

Yeah but there is something about fota at the end.... Seen it??? Also there is a tegra 3 phone for 16000 rupees.... Which in UK round 200 pounds.... Also I don't think people are stupid to buy phones from xolo with the bad reviews about their service and also stupidity they do with the phones....

FOTA = Firmware Over The Air

They are just stating that they were the first Indian supplier to provide OTA updates. Which they have done for over a year for the X900, just not the 4.1 update everyone wants!

Guest xolo x900_2

Mmm its actually sad that we will be receiving the last update in the former of 4.1 I wish they launch 4.2 instead of it... :-P.... Anyway we won't have to bear the custom ui as X900 might get a stock ui...

Guest intheblue

Mmm its actually sad that we will be receiving the last update in the former of 4.1

Great, the X900 is definitely getting 4.1 then :D

I wish they launch 4.2 instead of it... :-P....

Yep I'm a little disappointed to, was hopping that they would just release Key Lime Pie for it :D

Anyway we won't have to bear the custom ui as X900 might get a stock ui...

Great, I can't wait for this stock UI based 4.1 update :D

any use of the roadmap info to analyse the likely release or not would be pure speculation.

Obviously not stopping, let the speculation continue...

Edited by intheblue

Guest techosdkid

post-1010367-0-12905500-1367923877_thumb

According to an other Orange Advisor, Orange will receive information on Friday, based on Jelly Bean for the Orange San Diego.

Guest techosdkid

post-1010367-0-01246700-1367931576_thumb

Look at this. According to this Orange Advisor, we might be getting Jelly Bean 4.2, but different Ornage Advisors say different things.

Edited by techosdkid

Guest xolo x900_2

post-1010367-0-01246700-1367931576_thumb

Look at this. According to this Orange Advisor, we might be getting Jelly Bean 4.2, but different Ornage Advisors say different things.

Good news but won't happen... Hate to point out but I don't think orange would give us 4.2 and also even 5.0 for that matter... According to me I think no other brand has provided a higher update without the middle one... And can't seem why orange or Intel would do that when razr I is still jb 4.1!!!

Guest xolo x900_2

post-1010367-0-01617300-1367934046_thumb

Even more lies i think by Orange, they said it be available to update today

They bloody cut you off!!!! Give bad feedback...

Guest xolo x900_2

Called xolo they confirmed that xolo jb will be 4.1 and further updates seem bleak to me.... Don't anyone know Motorola developers???? It's just a matter of seconds for them to crack our phones bootloader... If someone do ask them for this favour...

Guest codroid

All known methods to crack bootloader have been tried by paul(modaco founder) and rickywyatt who was dev on here.

Guest xolo x900_2

All known methods to crack bootloader have been tried by paul(modaco founder) and rickywyatt who was dev on here.

I had a brain wave... Using the flashing tool can't we use the bootloader from razr I and flash it in our phone??? It's Intel signed and could work if so then won't we be able to unlock it then??? Also I don't know Paul and is he a Motorola developer who knows about x86 architecture??? Then I'm leaving this topic... :-)

Guest BlueMoonRising

I had a brain wave... Using the flashing tool can't we use the bootloader from razr I and flash it in our phone??? It's Intel signed and could work if so then won't we be able to unlock it then??? Also I don't know Paul and is he a Motorola developer who knows about x86 architecture??? Then I'm leaving this topic... :-)

At last...

Although I'll believe it when I (don't) see it...

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest xolo x900_2

Huh??? I meant that I'll leave the topic of bootloaders... Blue moon rising are you planning on becoming the next glossy white??? :-P