[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Everyone who seems to have this SD card issue, it's normal. The "internal" memory is actually the SD card, and the "external" memory is the internal memory. It's not a big deal :P

This is what fixes the SD issue.

Everyone who seems to have this SD card issue, it's normal. The "internal" memory is actually the SD card, and the "external" memory is the internal memory. It's not a big deal :P

This is what fixes the SD issue.

i dont think its normal sd card should be external as all other roms, would you look to fix this issue.

i dont think its normal sd card should be external as all other roms, would you look to fix this issue.

But there isn't really a problem, it just says "internal" but it is actually the external SD. Does it really matter what it says in the settings, you would never worry about it anyway. I will see if I can fix the issue, but it really isn't a big deal :P

Guest TangerineTractor

But there isn't really a problem, it just says "internal" but it is actually the external SD. Does it really matter what it says in the settings, you would never worry about it anyway. I will see if I can fix the issue, but it really isn't a big deal :P

Yeah, it's only the settings screen that reverses it, everywhere else its absolutely fine. Just a bit offputting at first.

@Kyan31

could you please tell me what you changed in build prop to allow "More App Compatibility ".

many thanks.

ro.product.model=Desire HD

ro.product.brand=htc_wwe

ro.product.name=htc_ace

ro.product.board=ace

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

This makes the android market believe that the phone is a HTC Desire HD, rather than a G300. I assume you are making your own ROM. What features is it going to have?

I just found a tutorial on how to add a recovery button to the power menu, I just need to learn how to use smali/baksmali. It seems relatively easy, so I should be able to do it. I will keep you updated with my progress.

Guest moochermick

ro.product.model=Desire HD

ro.product.brand=htc_wwe

ro.product.name=htc_ace

ro.product.board=ace

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

This makes the android market believe that the phone is a HTC Desire HD, rather than a G300. I assume you are making your own ROM. What features is it going to have?

thanks for that, I'm not planning to make a rom for a long long time just fine tuning what i've got.

Guest PCTechRoss

Although it might show 2gb - 4gb it doesnt actually matter you can still store all your data

Its quite good. When trying it yesterday, it lasted right through school with 82% remaining. I have sync on all the time, auto-brightness, and I usually use the phone for a quick (3D) game every so often.

quick question does the battery last longer if the use the overclock settings or should i just leave as normal for better battery. if so whats the best setup for best battery performance,

Edited by yaqh

Are you still making the new toggles

I did make toggles, but they didn't come out that good. They looked blurry and horrible. I might work on R4 now, add add customised toggles in the package.

kyan when are prosposing to release next update, will it be ota, i would like to see the storage bug fixed, great rom otherwise.

It will be OTA, but I may not fix the storage as there is nothing wrong with it.

Guest PCTechRoss

The SD card works completely fine on this ROM, it just looks different in the storage settings, which you really wont be paying attention to.

Is it possible to add a transparent background to the App draw so its like the GS3

and is it possible to add a ''Close all'' button in the app switcher thingy (holding down the home button)

quick question does the battery last longer if the use the overclock settings or should i just leave as normal for better battery. if so whats the best setup for best battery performance,

Is it possible to add a transparent background to the App draw so its like the GS3

and is it possible to add a ''Close all'' button in the app switcher thingy (holding down the home button)

Just download another launcher if you want a transparent background. I will try to add the close all button if there is an easy way of doing it.

The only way to get "the best" battery performance is to not overclock the phone, and put the governor settings on powersave.

Guest savapauk

Hi,

Firstly many thanks to Kyan for all the time he has put into putting this ROM together.

Secondly with regards to the storage issue/non-issue; I’m a big fan of TuneIn Radio as I can use it to playback radio when I’m in areas with no FM or data coverage (e.g. the Tube). However, since installing this ROM I’ve found the app is now saving to internal storage instead of the SD card and there seems no way to reconfigure. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Hi,

Firstly many thanks to Kyan for all the time he has put into putting this ROM together.

Secondly with regards to the storage issue/non-issue; I’m a big fan of TuneIn Radio as I can use it to playback radio when I’m in areas with no FM or data coverage (e.g. the Tube). However, since installing this ROM I’ve found the app is now saving to internal storage instead of the SD card and there seems no way to reconfigure. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions on how to resolve?

Do you have the settings changed around. On this ROM, the internal and external SD are swapped.

Internal: SD card

SD card: internal memory

So just make sure you have the storage settings on "internal" if you want to use the SD card and vise versa.

Could someone help me out here. I need somebody who has CM9 on their computer/phone to navigate to:

System/etc

And I need them to send me:

external_SD.fstab and internal_SD.fstab. CM9 has no storage issues, so if I swap the files around, I might be able to fix the storage. I know it already works fine, but some people can't stop whining about it.

It will help me out a lot if someone could do it, it won't take any more than 5 minutes. Just put the files in a zip folder and upload it. Solidfiles is good as you don't need to make an account. Thanks in advance.