[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Hmm, I'm not sure what I can do then. Are there any stock-based ROMs that have no storage issues? Maybe you could pull those files from them.

P.s thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it ;)

Edited by kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

Snip

I thought of a good idea people might like, (be able to set a different wallpaper for the lockscreen so you have two different wallpapers lockscreen wallpaper and homescreen wallpaper

Guest no1ninja

EDIT:> I see we've started discussing this exact issue in the time since I was last here. My bad ;)

But seriously, *BUMP*

Hi. Great ROM! Thank you!

One thing, how do I go about restoring the internal storage / external SD? I prefer to use the 2GB internal storage as I sometimes remove the ext SD card.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!

Edited by no1ninja

Guest CertifiedDon

I really like this rom, very fast. I think it would be awesome if you could implement a recovery button for when you hold down the power button its just a bit easier to get into recovery, and also I could not find mass storage mode back when I had infusion when I put my usb in and put the toggle down I could enable it but I cant even find it in the settings.

Edited by CertifiedDon

My main priority is to fix the storage as it seems to bug a lot of people. Then I will try to learn how to use smali/backsmali. If I learn how to do this, I can implement lots if new features.

Guest thejaimes111

kyan for this error you have to look on system/etc/vold.fstab and on

framework-res.apk/res/xml/ it is a file with "storage" in the name I think ;)

Regards and Good Luck !

kyan for this error you have to look on system/etc/vold.fstab and on

framework-res.apk/res/xml/ it is a file with "storage" in the name I think wink.png

Regards and Good Luck !

Ok, I will have a look an see if I can edit it. Thanks :)

Guest no1ninja

Hi. I have solved the issue regarding storage internal / ext reversal. It's simple really. Two files in system/etc "internal_sd.fstab" and "external_sd.fstab"

Switch the names of these so internal becomes external and vice versa.

Reboot and you're good.

Glad to help.

Edited by no1ninja

Hi. I have solved the issue regarding storage internal / ext reversal. It's simple really. Two files in system/etc "internal_sd.fstab" and "external_sd.fstab"

Switch the names of these so internal becomes external and vice versa.

Reboot and you're good.

Glad to help.

I'm trying it now...

Guest CertifiedDon

My main priority is to fix the storage as it seems to bug a lot of people. Then I will try to learn how to use smali/backsmali. If I learn how to do this, I can implement lots if new features.

ok lool i just thought it was me being a typical noob

Guest no1ninja

LOL! Don't mention it, I'm just glad to help. Also anyone wanting to get rid of that boot animation just head to system/media and delete bootloader.zip

The default bootanim will return.

There seems to be an issue with screen brightness sticking at 100% and button lights are intermittent. Looking into it.

Edited by no1ninja

LOL! Don't mention it, I'm just glad to help. Also anyone wanting to get rid of that boot animation just head to system/media and delete bootloader.zip

The default bootanim will return.

There seems to be an issue with screen brightness sticking at 100% and button lights are intermittent. Looking into it.

Screen brightness works fine over here. As for the storage, I still can get it to work. I did exactly what you said, but now the storage seems to change to internal after a reboot.

Guest savapauk

Switching the names of internal_sd.fstab and external_sd.fstab (using ES File Explorer) and rebooting worked for me (in ES File Explorer root settings need to mount /./system as writeable first). As that the SD issue was my only niggle (and to be honest it wasn’t that big a deal) I’m now really happy with the R3 ROM. Many thanks to Kyan and no1ninja – you’ve made my day!

Switching the names of internal_sd.fstab and external_sd.fstab (using ES File Explorer) and rebooting worked for me (in ES File Explorer root settings need to mount /./system as writeable first). As that the SD issue was my only niggle (and to be honest it wasn’t that big a deal) I’m now really happy with the R3 ROM. Many thanks to Kyan and no1ninja – you’ve made my day!

Thanks man. Does your storage switch back to internal after a reboot?

Update:

I FIXED THE STORAGE! WOOOHHH :lol:

Now it stays on what ever storage option you pick, even after a reboot. It also now shows the internal storage partition.

post-969101-13585526125827_thumb.jpg

post-969101-13585526213877_thumb.jpg

post-969101-13585526304979_thumb.jpg

I actually feel kinda dumb as I only needed to change the build.prop :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest spicysomtam

Why didnt u did a full wipe before install? Other people reported bugs (missing toggle, missing root...etc). I didn't had any of those bugs, because I did a full wipe.

This is how I always install a custom rom on every android device:

wipe data

wipe cache

advanced / wipe dalvik

mounst and storage / format system

advanced / restart recovery

installing the zip

wipe data if necessary

Never had any unkown bugs following these steps.

BTW, there is circle battery mod... see OP.

Sometimes its worth a try. Otherwise GoBackup is the way to go. It probably worked because Lightening and my original from are based on the same build? Sorry about the late reply; been busy with work all week.