[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

i agree apacer,tried them all and this is by far the best,battery life superbt.the odd restart but that happens with all the roms ive tried,well done that man

Thanks dude.

Guest blademaster123

i flashed the toggles zip, then i wiped data/factory, but i still dont see the toggles??

edit: these are the toggles that appear when you slide down the notification bar, right? i cant see them even after flashing the zip...

try wiping delvik cache and cache partition and then flash it i think that worked for me when i got the toggles.

Hi Kyan - I've just flashed your ROM. Seems snappy so far, but I haven't really played with it much as I've mainly been struggling to get Cyda's Link2Int to work. Here's what I've done so far- can you spot any problems?

- Kyan's Lightning ROM

- Paul's 308 Kernel

- CWM v.6.0.1.2

- Unpartitioned 16GB SD card

- I first tried just flashing the Link2Int zip. It installed Link2SD, but when I open Link2SD, the 'Create Link' button is greyed out.

- I used the Link2Int-removal zip and re-tried. No difference.

- I tried the Link2Int for Stock zip. No difference.

- I've tried unmounting and remounting the system in CWM (Which appears to be unmounted by default. After I mount it, it can't be unmounted again - it produces an error.) This looked like it was going to work as I got an 'Android is Updating' message during bootup. However, the 'Create Link' button was still greyed out.

Cheers, G.

Open a terminal and execute

mount | grep sdcard

Do you see the internal 2GB storage /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 mounted on /storage/sdcard0? If not then maybe that's why your Create Link button is greyed out? Does this ROM have init.d support?

You should also see your micro sdcard (mine is /dev/block/vold/179:97 but I don't know if that is different on different devices/cards?) mounted on /storage/sdcard1.

Hope this helps.

Hi Kyan - I've just flashed your ROM. Seems snappy so far, but I haven't really played with it much as I've mainly been struggling to get Cyda's Link2Int to work. Here's what I've done so far- can you spot any problems?

- Kyan's Lightning ROM

- Paul's 308 Kernel

- CWM v.6.0.1.2

- Unpartitioned 16GB SD card

- I first tried just flashing the Link2Int zip. It installed Link2SD, but when I open Link2SD, the 'Create Link' button is greyed out.

- I used the Link2Int-removal zip and re-tried. No difference.

- I tried the Link2Int for Stock zip. No difference.

- I've tried unmounting and remounting the system in CWM (Which appears to be unmounted by default. After I mount it, it can't be unmounted again - it produces an error.) This looked like it was going to work as I got an 'Android is Updating' message during bootup. However, the 'Create Link' button was still greyed out.

Cheers, G.

Just an after thought; try updating to the very latest CWM or TWRP and reflashing the Link2Int mod.

People, the problem is I forgot to add the init.d stuff to the updater script before uploading the ROM. If it is a serious problem, I will upload an updated version of lightning today.

It's a stupid mistake, I know. Please don't kill me :lol:

Edited by kyan31

Download android tweaker free from the market to enable init.d. They will be enabled by default in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If link2int was not working before, try this method and then install it again.

Kyan, Cyda and Dalyer - you're stars. I'll have a go with Android Tweaker and report back.

Update: the 'install init.d support' option is only available in the pro version of Android Tweaker. I'm going to have a quick hunt around to find if there's any other way of installing it.

Update2: I've now tried 2 separate methods for installing init.d support: Ryinferno' app and this zip, both from xda. Neither appear to have worked (because I can't see my internal storage mounted on sdcard0 as Dalyer says, and there is still no /data folder on either of my sdcards) even though Ryinferno's app says it has worked. I've since had a few more attempts to get link2int to work, but still no joy.

It's no problem - I can just run with a partition on my sd-card for now. I'll wait for the next update to Lightning ROM before having another attempt at getting Link2int to work.

Thanks for the advice chaps - I'll now have a play around with this ROM.

Edited by Geoff2

Kyan, Cyda and Dalyer - you're stars. I'll have a go with android tweaker and report back.

Update: the 'install init.d support' option is only available in the pro version of Android Tweaker. I'm going to have a quick hunt around to find if there's any other way of installing it.

Use pimp my ROM instead

I installed init.d support with "Pimp my rom" it worked on gingerbread but dont know about ics.

give it a try and see.

Thanks Mick/Kyan, but Pimp my Rom looks like a carbon-copy of Ryuinferno's app which I've linked to above. I tried it anyway, but I still don't appear to have init.d support - I still have no /data folder.

Edited by Geoff2

Panic over! I'd assumed that Pimp my ROM wasn't working, because I never got a /data folder with an init.d file created (that xda forum thread said this was one of the ways of knowing) but I just had one last try at flashing the link2int zip and it worked.

So.. if anyone else is struggling with this, use Pimp My ROM. Also, in CWM select 'mounts and storage' and 'mount system' before going back to install the link2int zip.

Thanks for the tip Mick and Kyan. Now I can get back to reinstalling everything on my phone and testing it out.

try wiping delvik cache and cache partition and then flash it i think that worked for me when i got the toggles.

i tried that, basically i tried every possible thing, but nothing works lol

arent there other toggles that i can flash?

Edited by y4ss1n

Panic over! I'd assumed that Pimp my ROM wasn't working, because I never got a /data folder with an init.d file created (that xda forum thread said this was one of the ways of knowing) but I just had one last try at flashing the link2int zip and it worked.

So.. if anyone else is struggling with this, use Pimp My ROM. Also, in CWM select 'mounts and storage' and 'mount system' before going back to install the link2int zip.

Thanks for the tip Mick and Kyan. Now I can get back to reinstalling everything on my phone and testing it out.

I'm glad it works well. As I said before, I will release a new update today with init.d fix plus others.

Guest LMariachi

i tried that, basically i tried every possible thing, but nothing works lol

arent there other toggles that i can flash?

Re-flash the rom but when it is booting leave-it for a while some minutes, as Kyan said on first post, do not enter Pin as soon as it appears, let it for a while.

Then put the pin and you should have toggles.

:)

Re-flash the rom but when it is booting leave-it for a while some minutes, as Kyan said on first post, do not enter Pin as soon as it appears, let it for a while.

Then put the pin and you should have toggles.

:)

without flashing the toggles zip? i only flash the rom & wait 5mins?

Download android tweaker free from the market to enable init.d. They will be enabled by default in the next version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If link2int was not working before, try this method and then install it again.

if your using pauls kernel init.d support should already be included and active in your rom,

i will unpack the boot.img and check, if not i will add it and upload the new boot.img

also people should just be able to go into clockworkmod and select the "fix permissions" option to fix your init.d scripts, until you update the rom

EDIT: just checked and init.d support is already included