[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Can you 'borrow' the one from Tillaz?

Probably, but i'm not sure what file he actually modified :unsure:

It could be the Google Search APK, or the Launcher APK, or even the framework-res APK. To be perfectly honest, I can't be bothered to check which one it is :P

They aren't all mine... Some co-workers bought this phone under some company protocol and asked me to get rid of all vodafone crap... lol

I installed some addons, huawei music player, battery (with %), wheather widjet and the "wake up volume buttons removal". The 32gb ones have problems with e-mail linking with an exchange server (but this is surely a coincidence). With stock plus none of them have problems, but i installed next launcher in all of them and this rom is much more smoother... I tried a 16gb class4 card and have problems also... I think that the problem are with sdcards with more than 8 gb and class doesn't matter I will try to use a 2gb partition as internal memory (but from sdcard) and test it from a different perspective...

Ah right, cool :)

Probably, but i'm not sure what file he actually modified unsure.png

It could be the Google Search APK, or the Launcher APK, or even the framework-res APK. To be perfectly honest, I can't be bothered to check which one it is tongue.png

i didn't actually change anything in my rom lol, its just like that because i use nova launcher,

I'm not sure what it is called in ics, but i know that its in every launcher on jelly bean and called search_frame.9.png

this is the .png from my hololight theme, use this as a referance only

as its been changed color for light backgrounds and is from the xhdpi folder

you want it from the hdpi folder

post-913969-0-16132600-1360888854.png

to be fair it would be easer to just include nova launcher in the rom

HELP PLEASE.

Tried to install ROM. CWM recovery work, tells me the rom have install, but after reboot phone is stuck on Hawei Logo. Can't install any other rom either now. Please help, as I love my g300 and am lost without it.

i didn't actually change anything in my rom lol, its just like that because i use nova launcher,

I'm not sure what it is called in ics, but i know that its in every launcher on jelly bean and called search_frame.9.png

this is the .png from my hololight theme, use this as a referance only

as its been changed color for light backgrounds and is from the xhdpi folder

you want it from the hdpi folder

post-913969-0-16132600-1360888854.png

to be fair it would be easer to just include nova launcher in the rom

Do you know what the 'Google' icon is called, the one in the search bar? Trebuchet doesn't even seem to have one, so I thought I should add one :P

galaxy_nexus0031.jpg

HELP PLEASE.

Tried to install ROM. CWM recovery work, tells me the rom have install, but after reboot phone is stuck on Hawei Logo. Can't install any other rom either now. Please help, as I love my g300 and am lost without it.

Did you do full wipes, and was the zip corrupted? You should probably check. Can you still access CWM recovery?

• Take out the battery
  • Put it back in
  • Turn on phone while holding volume+
  • It should boot into CWM

Edited by kyan31

Did you do full wipes, and was the zip corrupted? You should probably check. Can you still access CWM recovery?

• Take out the battery
  • Put it back in
  • Turn on phone while holding volume+
  • It should boot into CWM

Hi Kyan, thanks for prompt reply. Yes, CWM works. I have done full wipes and was happly using stock+ B7, but now can't load any roms. Whichever rom I try that are all stuck on huawei logo.

I think I wiil have to try the 350mb generic stock ICS rom from huawei's site, to see if I can recover my phone. Anyone know how to install it? do I create 'dload' folder and put an update.app file in it?

Please help.

Guest glassblower

Just installed this ROM and BBC iplayer doesn't work. Just wondering whether it should. System just reports "Unfortunately, BBC iplayer has stopped working." The app does start but reports this message when the TV programme is selected. Same issue when the Meija R10 ROM is installed.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Kyan, thanks for prompt reply. Yes, CWM works. I have done full wipes and was happly using stock+ B7, but now can't load any roms. Whichever rom I try that are all stuck on huawei logo.

I think I wiil have to try the 350mb generic stock ICS rom from huawei's site, to see if I can recover my phone. Anyone know how to install it? do I create 'dload' folder and put an update.app file in it?

Please help.

If CWM is working, you must be doing something wrong. Anyway, if you want to restore to stock ICS, you need to:

• Put the 'dload' folder on the root of your SD card
  • Unmount the phone, remove the battery, and put the battery back in
  • Turn on the phone while holding the volume buttons simultaneously (+/-)
  • A pink bar should pop up, and when it's done progressing, the phone will boot.
  • After all of this, you should be done. You will need to unlock the bootloader, root, and install CWM all over again.

As I said before, if CWM is working, you really shouldn't have to do this. Lightning ROM has no bugs, and boots fine. Did you check the MD5 of the ZIP before you flashed it?

Just installed this ROM and BBC iplayer doesn't work. Just wondering whether it should. System just reports "Unfortunately, BBC iplayer has stopped working." The app does start but reports this message when the TV programme is selected. Same issue when the Meija R10 ROM is installed.

Thanks for any advice.

Does BBC iPlayer work on any other ROM's?

Guest glassblower

Yes, it works on slim ICS but jerky video. Also works on Infusion B06 perfectly. Wanted something else but infusuion 06 because of the poor touchscreen responsiveness.

Yes, it works on slim ICS but jerky video. Also works on Infusion B06 perfectly. Wanted something else but infusuion 06 because of the poor touchscreen responsiveness.

Were you using the B952 based Infusion, or the B944 based version?

EDIT: B06 is the B944 based version, which must be the problem. My ROM is based on B952, so there may be differences with the video codecs etc. There isn't really anything I can do about at the moment, but I will look into it if I have time.

Edited by kyan31

Just installed this ROM and BBC iplayer doesn't work.

I don't know about the most recent version (Lightning 3.5) but I'm using version 3 and iPlayer works fine. A few weeks ago when I was briefly without a laptop I was using it all the time.

Do you know what the 'Google' icon is called, the one in the search bar? Trebuchet doesn't even seem to have one, so I thought I should add one tongue.png

look at the code in res / layout-port / search_bar.xml

and compare it to one that has the Google logo, you should be to see whats missing and add it

Well, Kyan31 congratulations!

You got yourself a chinese Lightning mod :)

http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-6393331-1-1.html[/CODE]

5rd5fb52i959clv9dzwe.jpg

Edited by dakok