[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Go to Cyda's Link2xx page, he has a flashable zip to remove the mod, however I think you will lose any apps you moved over. Sorry.

So, i wiped everything .... should i try to flash cyda's mod again, or it won't work again ? :s

So, i wiped everything .... should i try to flash cyda's mod again, or it won't work again ? :s

It should work again, I don't see why it wouldn't.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Miki Bakaiki

It should work again, I don't see why it wouldn't.

I mean, it worked just fine , but I had that SD card issue... my question was: will I get the issue again, but I might just try again :)

how soon?? tongue.png

Haha soon enough, i'm hoping to fix some of the bugs CM10.1 has, as well as adding new features. I mainly want to fix the camera shutter speed, and prolong the battery :)

Guest PCTechRoss

Haha soon enough, i'm hoping to fix some of the bugs CM10.1 has, as well as adding new features. I mainly want to fix the camera shutter speed, and prolong the battery :)

If those are fixed then i'm switching from CM10.1 to Electra straight away

Guest Miki Bakaiki

@Miki I'm releasing a new ROM soon, hopefully it will work better for you :)

I do hope so ! in the meantime, i'll stick to this one :) keep it up mate !

Is root box even stable? Anyways Electra will still be good, it will probably be the most stable JB if you fix the cm bugs

So far, Root box doesn't even seem to boot, but it does seem good looking at the info.

Is the nexus style screen unlock available as a flash anywhere?

No, the nexus style lock screen is only available for 4.2.2 users. It would be almost impossible to port it.

No, the nexus style lock screen is only available for 4.2.2 users. It would be almost impossible to port it.

Sorry, I meant the unlock screen you use on Lightning ROM. I like the way it looks.

Sorry, I meant the unlock screen you use on Lightning ROM. I like the way it looks.

Oh right, you can't make a flashable zip as all ROM's have different framework/system files, overwriting them could actually remove/add features/mess up the ROM. I could tell you how to do it manually though, it's very easy.

Oh right, you can't make a flashable zip as all ROM's have different framework/system files, overwriting them could actually remove/add features/mess up the ROM. I could tell you how to do it manually though, it's very easy.

Ok, yes please if you have the time.

Ok, yes please if you have the time.

Ok, grab the zip of your wanted ROM e.g CM10.1. You can also use a root browser to extract the needed file to your computer.

• Navigate to system/framework and grab the framework-res.apk
  • rename .apk to .zip, now you can open it and browse inside
  • go to res/drawable-hdpi, there should be a file called ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png, you can replace this file with any lock ring you want, obviously rename it to ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png
  • Close everything, rename the extension back to .apk and push it back to system/framework. I can also create a flashable zip for you, as it is safer. Always make a nandroid backup too.

This may seem complicated, but it is really simple once you have done it. You can also use this same method to theme other aspects of the system. Both the framework-res.apk, and systemui.apk have system images which you can play about with and edit :)

Lock rings:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/28109-lockringszipthemerjbics-over-100-custom-lock-rings-for-all-aokps-unicorn-cms-cid-superheroes-and-more/

Edited by kyan31