[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

Ok, i'm making a new build of Lightning ROM now, it will contain all the new patches within it, as well as some tweaks to make your experience better :P

It should also fix any problems anyone had, such as FC's etc.

Guest marcioo

Ok, i'm making a new build of Lightning ROM now, it will contain all the new patches within it, as well as some tweaks to make your experience better :P

Thank you :P

Guest OmnioPT

It will be based in B960 or still B952?

Cheers

Guest PCTechRoss

Sorry to bother, little things seem to annoy me for some reason but im guess the search bar is built up from images i.e .. the bar, the logo etc.. could you swap the magnifying glass icon for the 'Google' one, im sorry i would do it myself if i knew where the files were..

Thanks again

Ross

Guest kyan31

Ok, sorry for the wait. I actually forgot to press upload after all this time :blush:

It's going now...

130-150 kbps

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

It will be based in B960 or still B952?

Cheers

I have made no plans to update the ROM to B960, as it is not needed and I can't be bothered to. Unless I actually get a good reason to re-base it, I won't be changing my mind :)

Guest kyan31

Sorry to bother, little things seem to annoy me for some reason but im guess the search bar is built up from images i.e .. the bar, the logo etc.. could you swap the magnifying glass icon for the 'Google' one, im sorry i would do it myself if i knew where the files were..

Thanks again

Ross

The file are in the trebuchet.apk, within drawable-hdpi. It is called ic_home_search_normal_holo

Guest PCTechRoss

The file are in the trebuchet.apk, within drawable-hdpi. It is called ic_home_search_normal_holo

Where can i find the trebuchet apk and a stock huawei to take the google logo

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest kyan31

Where can i find the trebuchet apk and a stock huawei to take the google logo

Trebuchet is in the Lightning ROM zip, and the Huawei launcher is in the addons.

Also, the ICS search bar mod contains the trebuchet apk, but try to use the original one if possible.

Guest kyan31

UPLOADED

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:

• All resources updated, no need for patches
  • Battery tweaks and a few others
  • FC's hopefully fixed

As always, full wipes are recommended, especially if you were experiencing force close problems! If you were running Lightning smooth as ever, full wipes won't need to be done.

OTA updates were also sent out :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

Trebuchet is in the Lightning ROM zip, and the Huawei launcher is in the addons.

Also, the ICS search bar mod contains the trebuchet apk, but try to use the original one if possible.

I have found the icon that is on the trebuchet one on the HWThemes zip but cant seem to find the Google icon.. its weird

Guest kyan31

I have found the icon that is on the trebuchet one on the HWThemes zip but cant seem to find the Google icon.. its weird

Are you looking in the launcher5.apk (I think it called that)?

Guest kyan31

im running lightning smooth as , so do I flash with no wipes at all, will I have to reinstall all my apps or not

If it's working well for you, use the OTA updater and select wipe cache. Don't wipe anything else and everything will be intact after the flash. If using a recovery, wipe the cache, dalvik, and flash the ROM. Using this method will also keep your data safe.

Edited by kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

Are you looking in the launcher5.apk (I think it called that)?

Yes, also i have just updated and will wipe in a second will carbon restore all my data then (i backed up to sd)

Guest blaster99999

ota don't work for me and never as, what I found was it would download the update to internal storage and when the phone went into cwm it failed cos it couldn't find the update, im guessing it was looking for the update on my sd card

Guest kyan31

ota don't work for me and never as, what I found was it would download the update to internal storage and when the phone went into cwm it failed cos it couldn't find the update, im guessing it was looking for the update on my sd card

Did you flash the OTA fix in the OP? B952 really messes up storage, so sometimes it is recognized as sdcard1, and sometimes sdcard2. The fix will sort it anyway.

Guest blaster99999

Did you flash the OTA fix in the OP? B952 really messes up storage, so sometimes it is recognized as sdcard1, and sometimes sdcard2. The fix will sort it anyway.

yes flashed all the updates and yes your right my storage was sd1 and sd2, im downloading v5 update and will copy over to sd card and update manually ,wipe the cache, dalvik, and flash the ROM and hope all my apps and data is still intact