[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
If I remember correctly the stock rom had the option to vibrate when you place a call and the person you're calling answers the call.

Is there's a way I can add it, does anyone know of an app that would do so?

I haven't even heard of this feature, but I hardly call anyone so I wouldn't know. I'm a texting kind of guy :P

Guest PostLoad

Thanks for the great ROM, much appreciated

Question if you could answer.

I get several reboots (Not ROM related) I think this is down to the 3G issue etc.

My question is, is there anyway that when the phone has rebooted the ring tone stays as it was? At present when the phone reboots it changes the ringtone back to the 'default' option

Thanks

Guest kyan31
Thanks for the great ROM, much appreciated

Question if you could answer.

I get several reboots (Not ROM related) I think this is down to the 3G issue etc.

My question is, is there anyway that when the phone has rebooted the ring tone stays as it was? At present when the phone reboots it changes the ringtone back to the 'default' option

Thanks

The reverting ringtone bug is an issue with stock ROMs, there is a way to fix it though. What are you actually using as a ringtone? One of the inbuilt ringtones, or a 3rd party ringtone like an mp3 etc.

Edited by kyan31

Guest PostLoad

The reverting ringtone bug is an issue with stock ROMs, there is a way to fix it though. What are you actually using as a ringtone? One of the inbuilt ringtones, or a 3rd party ringtone like an mp3 etc.

Ah didn't realise it was a known issue.

I'm using Zedge app on an external sd card for a ringtone so I assume that counts as a 3rd party ringtone

Guest kyan31

Ah didn't realise it was a known issue.

I'm using Zedge app on an external sd card for a ringtone so I assume that counts as a 3rd party ringtone

Yes, that counts as a 3rd party ringtone. What you can do to fix this is:

- download a root explorer

- Browse for your desired ringtone of your SD (so you will need to find where the Zedge ringtones are stored)

- move your desired ringtones to 'system/media/audio/ringtones

-reboot and set your ringtone in the sound settings :)

This method will ensure the ringtone never switches even after a reboot.

Guest Degurney

Hi Kyan31..

thanks for your help on the OTA thing... just one more issue I have... when I reboot the default storage location reverts back to internal.

I had a search on the thread, couldn`t see anything.. I flashed the OTA sdcard2 patch but I`m guessing it`s only for OTA.

Darren

Guest tillaz

public.xml:3907: error: Public entry identifier 0x7f0d0266 entry index is larger than available symbols (index 614, total symbols 614).
public.xml:3907: error: Public symbol id/beats_settings declared here is not defined.
public.xml:3906: error: Public symbol id/electra_section declared here is not defined.
[/code]

the error is because you have not added those two new id's to the ids.xml in the values folder

but... they are not even needed for what you are trying to achieve, (and should be removed)

if you are using code similar to this to add the new settings it wont work, unless the code its running is in settings.apk

[xml]
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_wireless" android:id="@id/wifi_settings" android:title="@string/wifi_settings_title" android:fragment="com.android.settings.wifi.WifiSettings" />
[/xml]

you should be using code like this to add your new settings

[xml]
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_lockscreen" android:title="@string/inf_lock">
<intent android:targetPackage="com.miui.home" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.miui.home.main.MainActivity" />
</header>
[/xml]

if your still having problems send me your full settings_header.xml & public.xml ;)

Guest kyan31

the error is because you have not added those two new id's to the ids.xml in the values folder

but... they are not even needed for what you are trying to achieve, (and should be removed)

if you are using code similar to this to add the new settings it wont work, unless the code its running is in settings.apk

<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_wireless" android:id="@id/wifi_settings" android:title="@string/wifi_settings_title" android:fragment="com.android.settings.wifi.WifiSettings" />
[/xml]

you should be using code like this to add your new settings

[xml]
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_lockscreen" android:title="@string/inf_lock">
<intent android:targetPackage="com.miui.home" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.miui.home.main.MainActivity" />
</header>

if your still having problems send me your full settings_header.xml & public.xml ;)

I actually managed to fix the problem a few hours ago, I probably should of mentioned that before :P

Sorry for using up your time, but thanks for the advice. It might come in handy :)

Guest kyan31

@everyone

I fully rebased Electra to CMR3 a while ago, after having some good feedback from testers, I think it will be ready to release (soon). I might still make a few changes, but I reckon it's good to go. Here are some low red screenies, unfortunately I'm uploading from tapatalk ;)

Click for higher res:

post-969101-13651222222403_thumb.jpgpost-969101-1365122237912_thumb.jpgpost-969101-13651222530125_thumb.jpgpost-969101-13651222637176_thumb.jpgpost-969101-13651222730008_thumb.jpgpost-969101-13651222828547_thumb.jpgpost-969101-13651222955551_thumb.jpg

It turns out the latest CM has some PieControl goodness, so I was able to enable it at the last minute :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
Excellent, Electra looks super :)

Side note, what will be your next ROM, Thunder? :P

Maybe :D

Oh, and judging by the screenshots, I forgot to make the lock screen glow blue, I'll do that now.

Guest kyan31
You should see if you can add the day next to the clock like (Mon, Tues,)

It might not look good centered though, and there would be no way to disable it at will :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
Excellent, Electra looks super :)

Side note, what will be your next ROM, Thunder? :P

Oh, an you say "next rom". What would that next ROM be :)

While I don't plan to make another ROM after Electra, (just for a little while) I'm all up to suggestions.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
Will there be an option soon to switch between centered clock and standard?

No, I'm not even sure how to make 'switchable options' though I can probably trail through some xmls and see how they work.

Guest PCTechRoss

Oh, an you say "next rom". What would that next ROM be :)

While I don't plan to make another ROM after Electra, (just for a little while) I'm all up to suggestions.

I would imagine your next rom would be for the Jiayu G4?

Guest kyan31

I would imagine your next rom would be for the Jiayu G4?

Or for whatever phone I get next, yes, but i'll still hang around the G300 forums and develop. I doubt the Jiayu forums will have a popular community like this one.

Guest kyan31

Hi Kyan31..

thanks for your help on the OTA thing... just one more issue I have... when I reboot the default storage location reverts back to internal.

I had a search on the thread, couldn`t see anything.. I flashed the OTA sdcard2 patch but I`m guessing it`s only for OTA.

Darren

That's an issue with stock roms, I hate Huawei lol. There are a few fixes around, but none of them work that well. They may work for some, and not others so if it doesn't work for you, theres not much I can do. Just remember to switch to the right storage option after a reboot.

Guest PCTechRoss

That's an issue with stock roms, I hate Huawei lol. There are a few fixes around, but none of them work that well. They may work for some, and not others so if it doesn't work for you, theres not much I can do. Just remember to switch to the right storage option after a reboot.

Doesn't B960 have this problem fixed?