[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

Is pie control enabled as default? Or would you have to go to settings and enable it?

You would go to the settings. The thing is it's not available straight away, you will need to add a line to the build.prop to enable navigation keys like the Nexus 4, and then you need to enable the expanded desktop, and then finally enable pie control. It's a hassle to get it up and running, and I would really like it enabled at default so i'll see if I can do it now.

Guest tillaz

You would go to the settings. The thing is it's not available straight away, you will need to add a line to the build.prop to enable navigation keys like the Nexus 4, and then you need to enable the expanded desktop, and then finally enable pie control. It's a hassle to get it up and running, and I would really like it enabled at default so i'll see if I can do it now.

i have a work around for this ;) (pie always on, but not active, without showing the soft buttons)

let me know if you haven't already done it and i will post instructions

not sure if you will get what i mean from that so will explain

so, what i would do is... (if nav buttons "need" to be on for pie to work)

add that line to the build.prop and leave it there so the nav buttons are always enabled

mod the framweork / systemUI so the nav bar size =0 (makes it invisible)

now you can just leave pie turned on all the time, and toggle it via expanded desktop, without the nav buttons been in the way ?

Guest wlad0

kyan31, pleas tell me, how can I disable deep sleep mode in your ROM. I trying modify build.prop

changing:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

pm.sleep_mode=1

to:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

pm.sleep_mode=0

but no luck. Lock screen wake up delay (1-2s) irritates me.

Thanks

Guest kyan31

i have a work around for this wink.png (pie always on, but not active, without showing the soft buttons)

let me know if you haven't already done it and i will post instructions

not sure if you will get what i mean from that so will explain

so, what i would do is... (if nav buttons "need" to be on for pie to work)

add that line to the build.prop and leave it there so the nav buttons are always enabled

mod the framweork / systemUI so the nav bar size =0 (makes it invisible)

now you can just leave pie turned on all the time, and toggle it via expanded desktop, without the nav buttons been in the way ?

Hmm, that would definitely work so i'll use that as a backup method, i'm testing another method now so i'll report back once i've flashed it.

Guest kyan31

kyan31, pleas tell me, how can I disable deep sleep mode in your ROM. I trying modify build.prop

changing:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

pm.sleep_mode=1

to:

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

pm.sleep_mode=0

but no luck. Lock screen wake up delay (1-2s) irritates me.

Thanks

Try looking in the init.d folder, maybe something there is causing deep sleep. Why would you want to disable deep sleep anyway, you battery would be crap without it :blink:

Guest kyan31

Tillaz, i'm compiling my settings.apk and it's giving me problems, do you know what's causing it?

This is the error I get:

Error parsing XML: mismatched tag
The full log

Don't worry about the translation error, that usually goes away after the error below is fixed.

My settings_headers.xml

PASTEBIN

I assume it's to do with the </header> tag, I must be using them wrong or maybe I don't have a closing tag somewhere, I can see where i'm going wrong though. Anyway, thanks in advance :)

I: Checking whether sources has changed...

I: Checking whether resources has changed...

I: Building resources...

aapt: warning: string 'pie_control_search_title' has no default translation in C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\res; found: da es hu ja pl pt ru

C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\res\xml\settings_headers.xml:49: error: Error parsing XML: mismatched tag

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Learner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL2023619098111990246.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Learner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:357)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:282)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:205)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)

at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:218)

at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:74)

Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Learner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL2023619098111990246.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Learner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]

at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:349)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:335)

... 5 more

Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Learner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL2023619098111990246.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Learner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Learner\Desktop\apk2\other\..\projects\Settings.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]

at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)

at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:347)

... 6 more

Guest tillaz

line 19, remove >> android:id="@id/electra_section" and its id from the public.xml

android:id= is only used when referring to something in the smali / java code

line 10 & 22 & 35 & 48 are the cause of the error

you have

<header>

it should be

</header>

and line 25 & 56 remove this (do it last, so the above line numbers don't change)

</header>

Guest Gabriel94

Intresting ROM, very lightweight, I might flash it but I must know something before doing that, does it have Volume Rocer Wake and in the Custom Notification Toggles is there Go To Sleep? I just NEED this 2 features because my power button is broken. :( :)

Guest kyan31
Intresting ROM, very lightweight, I might flash it but I must know something before doing that, does it have Volume Rocer Wake and in the Custom Notification Toggles is there Go To Sleep? I just NEED this 2 features because my power button is broken. :( :)

I don't think there is a sleep button there, but I have implemented volume wake :)

Maybe there is a widget you could download for sleep from the play store.

Guest kyan31
line 19, remove >> android:id="@id/electra_section" and its id from the public.xml

android:id= is only used when referring to something in the smali / java code

line 10 & 22 & 35 & 48 are the cause of the error

you have

<header>

it should be

</header>

and line 25 & 56 remove this (do it last, so the above line numbers don't change)

</header>

Thanks tillaz, i'll do the above in an hour or so :)

Guest wlad0

Try looking in the init.d folder, maybe something there is causing deep sleep. Why would you want to disable deep sleep anyway, you battery would be crap without it :blink:

Thanks. I need disable it because, 2s delay in lock screen irritates me :) Last question is battery levels. On my phone (U8815 baseband 2030) battery levels are crazy. Before install this ROM I wipe data/cache/dalvik cache and battery stats. When I unplugg device from charger (charging all night) and use phone for few minutes (emails, calls, browsing) battery level drop from 100% to 95% so quickly. When the battery level drops under 40% after this I see battery discharging with the naked eye (39, 38, 36, 30 ... 26) and stay on 26% long time.

Q1: Is there any issue with battery levels?

Q2: Need some speacial steps to wipe battery stats or need wipe battery stats again in CWM?

Note: After install this ROM and some days usage I make nandroid backup in CWM and try CM10.1 ROM. Few days I use CM10.1 but after finding same errors (signal drops) I restored the backup to Lightning ROM in CWM.

Note2: sorry for my english

Thanks so much

Guest kyan31

Thanks. I need disable it because, 2s delay in lock screen irritates me :) Last question is battery levels. On my phone (U8815 baseband 2030) battery levels are crazy. Before install this ROM I wipe data/cache/dalvik cache and battery stats. When I unplugg device from charger (charging all night) and use phone for few minutes (emails, calls, browsing) battery level drop from 100% to 95% so quickly. When the battery level drops under 40% after this I see battery discharging with the naked eye (39, 38, 36, 30 ... 26) and stay on 26% long time.

Q1: Is there any issue with battery levels?

Q2: Need some speacial steps to wipe battery stats or need wipe battery stats again in CWM?

Note: After install this ROM and some days usage I make nandroid backup in CWM and try CM10.1 ROM. Few days I use CM10.1 but after finding same errors (signal drops) I restored the backup to Lightning ROM in CWM.

Note2: sorry for my english

Thanks so much

1) Lightning has no issues with battery, its the same (maybe better) as stock ROMs.

2) Wiping your battery stats may help, to do it correctly, download this app from the playstore:

Battery stats by NÉMA

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

However, people usually say wiping battery stats is useless so I'm not sure if you'll get any positive results :/

EDIT: After reading some comments on the play store, its advised that you don't use this app. Some people have positive results, but the majority have poor ones :huh:

Edited by kyan31

I don't think there is a sleep button there, but I have implemented volume wake :)

Maybe there is a widget you could download for sleep from the play store.

This one should work.

screen off widget to lock the screen / send it to sleep.

https://play.google....m9mZmxvY2siXQ..

EDIT: I've been using it on ICS perfectly. It seems to suggest that you might need the "donate" version to run on 4.2

Edited by Guest

Guest kyan31

Thanks Tillaz, your guide worked perfectly and my settings have now compiled! And thanks for the tip with the android:id, I didn't know that before ;)

Guest kyan31

Ok, some news:

I got Pie Control working without any build.prop changes or navigation bar hacks, all I had to do was add the pie control section to my settings apk, this made it unhidden even without the navigation bar. To use it, just enable expanded desktop and your ready to go :)

I also added a DPI changer, but unfortunately I previously deleted the ldpi/mdpi/xxhdpi etc. folders from all of my apks to save space, meaning the icons can become blurry if the DPI is changed :/

I can easily add them back though, it'll just take a while. Better yet i'll just do it when someone complains about it first :lol:

Oh, and on another note:

Is anyone having problems with MoDaCo? The website is always going down, and now I have a bug where I can't go onto anyones profile, not even my own. It's treating me like i'm a guest, even though i'm logged in :huh:

Edited by kyan31

Guest PostLoad

Yes, that counts as a 3rd party ringtone. What you can do to fix this is:

- download a root explorer

- Browse for your desired ringtone of your SD (so you will need to find where the Zedge ringtones are stored)

- move your desired ringtones to 'system/media/audio/ringtones

-reboot and set your ringtone in the sound settings :)

This method will ensure the ringtone never switches even after a reboot.

Thanks this worked a treat.

On a seperate note my camera doesn't work anymore and always force closes. I've downloaded ICS Camera from the Playstore and this works once and then does the same thing.

Is this something which anyone is seeing or again just me?

Guest kyan31

Thanks this worked a treat.

On a seperate note my camera doesn't work anymore and always force closes. I've downloaded ICS Camera from the Playstore and this works once and then does the same thing.

Is this something which anyone is seeing or again just me?

Did you by any chance hit the time lapse? That seems to sometimes break the camera, just clear the camera's cache and you should be back in business.

Guest kyan31

Ok, I only have 2 more things I need to do now.

1) Get my DPI changer working - for some reason, my shortcut to the DPI changer doesn't work. It just FC's, but making a manual activity shortcut for it (with nova/adw) works fine :blink:

Yeah, I have no idea. A logcat tells me that it is something to do with permissions:

Android: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: start Intent

If anyone has an idea what's wrong, or needs more info, i'm here

2) That's about it :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109

Ok, I only have 2 more things I need to do now.

1) Get my DPI changer working - for some reason, my shortcut to the DPI changer doesn't work. It just FC's, but making a manual activity shortcut for it (with nova/adw) works fine :blink:

Yeah, I have no idea. A logcat tells me that it is something to do with permissions:

Android: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: start Intent

If anyone has an idea what's wrong, or needs more info, i'm here

2) That's about it :)

I know this sounds very obvious but how about fixing permissions in recovery? I would guess that would be wrong though...

Guest kyan31

I know this sounds very obvious but how about fixing permissions in recovery? I would guess that would be wrong though...

That's a completely different thing mate :P

Guest kyan31

Hi, Kyan how about putting an option in the settings for Electra and Lightning to include the Data Speed on the Status bar. http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2095947 (the things in the second post) I think that would be very popular and I would definatly use it!

I would also like that actually, it's pretty awesome, but I need 2 things answered first:

1) Can it be toggled on/off?

2) It doesn't work on CM, so what files would I need to take from it to implement it in the CM SystemUI?

These questions are directed at everyone by the way :)

EDIT: The first question doesn't matter to much as flashable zips exist, it's a little more time consuming but it works in the end. It could also be build to work with the Xposed framework, it that framework works with the G300 that is.

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109

I would guess you can as in the flash zip for the network speed settings, there is a system/app and in there is a systemUI.apk and ROM-settings.apk. I would take a guess and say this could be toggled on and off in the rom-settings app. I'm going to flash it though to check...

Guest kyan31

I would guess you can as in the flash zip for the network speed settings, there is a system/app and in there is a systemUI.apk and ROM-settings.apk. I would take a guess and say this could be toggled on and off in the rom-settings app. I'm going to flash it though to check...

The ROM settings apk is for changing the order of the toggles, and the systemUi is incompatible with CM like I said before, i'm gonna decompile it now and take a look inside, maybe I can get it working on CM.