[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
just wanted to know when the next update will be released btw this ROM is great!!!!

No idea, I may not even release an update at all as I have moved on from stock ROMs, personally I hate them.

Guest VoltresS

No idea, I may not even release an update at all as I have moved on from stock ROMs, personally I hate them.

Sad to ear that but hey, it is your call, I just think you should give a last proper realease and let it rest in peace then :P. You now with the new trebuchet and probably some news things and goodies you come to work with electra that are compatible and done.

This is by far one of, if not the one, best stock ICS based rom for our G300. Great thanks to you Kyan.

To be even more perfect I just wish for a version with no option to chnage storage, just for the SD so people like me with that bug could enjoy it even more. But as I used to say, just saying :P

Greetings dude, it is amazing to have you around here :P.

Will keep on following your work for sure ;)

Guest kyan31

Sad to ear that but hey, it is your call, I just think you should give a last proper realease and let it rest in peace then tongue.png. You now with the new trebuchet and probably some news things and goodies you come to work with electra that are compatible and done.

This is by far one of, if not the one, best stock ICS based rom for our G300. Great thanks to you Kyan.

To be even more perfect I just wish for a version with no option to chnage storage, just for the SD so people like me with that bug could enjoy it even more. But as I used to say, just saying tongue.png

Greetings dude, it is amazing to have you around here tongue.png.

Will keep on following your work for sure wink.png

Thanks, you just made my whole day :wub:

I might start working on a new release soon, but it might take a while as I don't want to stress myself out :P

Guest VoltresS

Thanks, you just made my whole day :wub:

I might start working on a new release soon, but it might take a while as I don't want to stress myself out :P

You must be having a troubled day :P

Yep, don't rush things, I think that me and a all bunch of people just want a total awesome lightning, the ultimate rom lightning, because you know, I have been trying and using electra but there are many things that really doesn't feel "like home" and lightning do that pretty well and rock solid. And if I have come to have a last and upgraded lightning I'll probably stick to it until jellybean it's at is top too.

So, chill and if you have some last tricks for this, hit us :P

Greetings ;)

Guest kyan31

You must be having a troubled day tongue.png

Yep, don't rush things, I think that me and a all bunch of people just want a total awesome lightning, the ultimate rom lightning, because you know, I have been trying and using electra but there are many things that really doesn't feel "like home" and lightning do that pretty well and rock solid. And if I have come to have a last and upgraded lightning I'll probably stick to it until jellybean it's at is top too.

So, chill and if you have some last tricks for this, hit us tongue.png

Greetings wink.png

Well, if I have some free time i'll start rebuilding Lightning from scratch, based on B960 of course, with many new features stripped from Electra.

Guest wlad0

Hi kyan31,

is there any solution for enabling keyboard backlight when I wake up the device? In CM9.1, when I press power button keyboard lights light up

Thanks

Guest kyan31

Hi kyan31,

is there any solution for enabling keyboard backlight when I wake up the device? In CM9.1, when I press power button keyboard lights light up

Thanks

I'm not really sure as i'm not using Lightning as my daily ROM, but maybe i'll stumble upon a solution.

Guest kyan31

Some info

I'm currently working on a new ROM, based on B960. It is basically the successor of Lightning ROM, but it is pretty much an entirely new ROM with lots of new features, plus the ones lightning already had. The new ROM will be called 'Tesla', and its completely rebuilt from the ground up.

Some screenshots:

I'll post some later

So far, it is very fast. I have pretty much completed the entire ROM, I just need to sort a few things out. It actually only took 2 days to complete so I'm happy about that I guess :lol:

Anyway, don't ask me when it will come out, and don't ask to be a beta tester. I will contact the usual people for testing, PCTechRoss and Kieranswhite :P

EDIT: I'm gonna be out for most of the day today, so I won't be working on it too much for the time being. After all, it is a nice day today :D

Edited by kyan31

Guest mcyi9jm2

Hey Kyan31, ah thats exciting news about Tesla, I look forward to hearing more!! After trying Electra and Stock+ I ended up settling on Lightning as I felt it had the best combination of stability, speed and functionality and I've been very happy with it but if you can make improvements then I'm eager to try them : )

Many thanks

Guest kyan31

Tesla ROM Screenshots:

(Click for higher res)

pede3ysa.jpgdy9e9asy.jpg5a5u2e2e.jpgune9evat.jpgymagyzah.jpgmegy6u9y.jpgaratuqeg.jpg

^with gapps and a very few apps installed

All I need to do now is get init.d working correctly, and tweak a few scripts to get everything smooth. Right now my main aim is to get the 'recent apps' tab smoother, and to make scrolling a little smoother.

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109
Tesla ROM Screenshots:

(Click for higher res)

pede3ysa.jpgdy9e9asy.jpg5a5u2e2e.jpgune9evat.jpgymagyzah.jpgmegy6u9y.jpgaratuqeg.jpg

^with gapps and a very few apps installed

All I need to do now is get init.d working correctly, and tweak a few scripts to get everything smooth. Right now my main aim is to get the 'recent apps' tab smoother, and to make scrolling a little smoother.

Cool! Did you make the wallpapers?

Guest kyan31

Cool! Did you make the wallpapers?

Kinda, the background wallpaper was taken from Trebuchet, and then I coloured it blue/green and slapped my logos on it :P

Guest kieranswhite

Nice !! is it just a new lightning basically??

but re-based etc..

Edited by kieranswhite

Guest astraldemon

I was really satisfied with this ROM before, but now I am encountering some glitches...

I get alot of apps FC now, sometimes my phone won't connect to WiFi unless I reboot it.

And few apps problems like Moon Reader, it doesn't show reading statistics corectly. From 300wpm now it shows 10-20-30... I know it's not software problem because it works correctly on my sisters phone and was working ok on stock ICS.

Any News on Tesla release date? I would like to try it as replacement for Lightning

Guest kyan31

Nice !! is it just a new lightning basically??

but re-based etc..

It's a lot more than just a rebase, it has pretty much all of Electra's features and a few extras too.

It's also a lot more polished than Lightning ROM, 5.5 was very unpolished as there were unhidden apps in the drawer etc. but Tesla is very clean and efficient. There is also a lot more RAM free, and I use my own scripts now rather than ones pulled of XDA (Excluding loopysmoothness).

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

I was really satisfied with this ROM before, but now I am encountering some glitches...

I get alot of apps FC now, sometimes my phone won't connect to WiFi unless I reboot it.

And few apps problems like Moon Reader, it doesn't show reading statistics corectly. From 300wpm now it shows 10-20-30... I know it's not software problem because it works correctly on my sisters phone and was working ok on stock ICS.

Any News on Tesla release date? I would like to try it as replacement for Lightning

If it is glitching, you may of done something wrong e.g restore a backup from Go Backup. Do you have any rougue apps installed, did you flash the ROM without wipes etc.

Regarding Tesla

First rule of CyanogenMod - Don't ask for ETA's

Yes this isn't CyanogenMod, but this rule really applies to any ROM.

Guest saiem1

If it is glitching, you may of done something wrong e.g restore a backup from Go Backup. Do you have any rougue apps installed, did you flash the ROM without wipes etc.

Regarding Tesla

First rule of CyanogenMod - Don't ask for ETA's

Yes this isn't CyanogenMod, but this rule really applies to any ROM.

post-978535-0-56007000-1369780890_thumb.

Guest kyan31
what is ip call it shows it in the dialer how can I remove it

IP calling is internet calling, to disable it, modify the build.prop. There is an IP call line in there, just take a quick look.

Guest astraldemon

I have only genuine apps bought from Google Play, just a few games I dont play and everday apps, nothing from unknown devs.

It's neither full of apps, so I dont know why it's like that. Also battery sometimes drops in an instant for few %

There were also some apps I couldn't start at all, like Ultimate Guitar Tabs & Chords, and for instance, Asphalt 7 loading in menu was insanely slow, game was working fine itself while driving but menu loading was slow.

I thought it might be their update but it wasn't. There was also that issue with incorrect reading statistics for eBooks and WiFi connections problems I mentioned earlier.

I installed another ROM earlier today and I don't have any of the issues described above, so it would be great if you could see to it in Tesla release.

Guest kyan31

I have only genuine apps bought from Google Play, just a few games I dont play and everday apps, nothing from unknown devs.

It's neither full of apps, so I dont know why it's like that. Also battery sometimes drops in an instant for few %

There were also some apps I couldn't start at all, like Ultimate Guitar Tabs & Chords, and for instance, Asphalt 7 loading in menu was insanely slow, game was working fine itself while driving but menu loading was slow.

I thought it might be their update but it wasn't. There was also that issue with incorrect reading statistics for eBooks and WiFi connections problems I mentioned earlier.

I installed another ROM earlier today and I don't have any of the issues described above, so it would be great if you could see to it in Tesla release.

Tesla is a whole new ROM, based on a newer version of Stock, so I'd wait for that. Sorry about your whole 'experience' with Lightning ROM.

Guest u8815-15

Been wondering for a while now what Tesla is on the Electra ROM statistics page. Mystery solved. Looking forward to your new ROM.Thanks for the hard work. Hope it's more successful than Electra and lightning :).