[Recovery] ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.9 for ZTE Blade III

Guest KonstaT

Guest Sopiva

Thanks! I got the Root_with_Restore now done correctly. One question though; how did you remove/rename those files? I cant find them through my computer (doesn't show anything on Phone) and Astro cannot delete nor rename them.

NVM, solved it! Found "root explorer" from Market and that got the job done.

Thanks, got CM10.1 installed now :)

Edited by Sopiva

Guest JK-FINN

One question though; how did you remove/rename those files? I cant find them through my computer (doesn't show anything on Phone) and Astro cannot delete nor rename them.

NVM, solved it! Found "root explorer" from Market and that got the job done.

I used ES File Explorer to rename the files.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

You have to give all root access to ES File Explorer in the Root settings of ES.

Guest Prestodus

So I just got myself a new blade 3 by warranty.

I installed the USB drivers, and the phone shows up as Android ADB Interface.

When I try adb devices though, the device does not show up.

It's connected with debugging and PTP on.

(By the way, the blade 3 is now 99 euro here :o)

Edited by Prestodus

Guest xtian19

Can someone help me.. Im stuck at installing blade 3 usb driver on my laptop(win 7 32bit). it can't recognize the "MT65xx Android phone" driver. I've tried downloading several driver here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/328064-correct-zte-usb-driver-for-blade-xpvistawin7-x86x64/ but nothing work. can you give me a step by step instruction and the correct file/s to use to be able to install the driver so I can continue rooting. :P

Guest KonstaT

Can someone help me.. Im stuck at installing blade 3 usb driver on my laptop(win 7 32bit). it can't recognize the "MT65xx Android phone" driver. I've tried downloading several driver here: http://www.modaco.co...stawin7-x86x64/ but nothing work. can you give me a step by step instruction and the correct file/s to use to be able to install the driver so I can continue rooting. :P

Please don't pollute the forum by posting the same post to several threads!

There's a link to Blade III drivers in the first post. It would appear that your device is a V889M (MediaTek chipset) though - not Blade III. In that case you can't install anything from this forum.

Guest xtian19

Please don't pollute the forum by posting the same post to several threads!

There's a link to Blade III drivers in the first post. It would appear that your device is a V889M (MediaTek chipset) though - not Blade III. In that case you can't install anything from this forum.

Exactly, mine was v889m model. i thought it's the same as the blade 3 model here.. do you know if there are possible ways to root my phone?

Thanks and sorry for the post. I've already edited it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HDVisionRedefined

Hmm, I can't get it to work, is the procedure that I'm following correct?

1 - Connect via USB, USB debugging is on

2 - CD to the right directory (checked with dir)

3 - Check for device (shows P772N10)

4 - adb reboot bootloader (phone enters bootloader, android icon stays on screen)

5 - fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

After that I get stuck with nothing to do other than removing the battery and disconnecting the USB cable.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/nkxQmBRe

Fastboot devices returns nothing when I'm in bootloader, I guess this is the problem?

If I look in device manager while in bootloader, there's a device in the category "Other devices" called "Android", but the information says that no driver is installed.

If I click update driver, it can't find one.

Where can I find bootloader drivers for the Blade III?

Edit 2:

Found a driver!

For anyone having the same problem, you can download it here: https://drive.google...U3hRZzhPVDFwN2M

You have no phawking idea how much I love you right now!

The drivers you provided worked like a charm, thanks a lot!

Guest Ko blazen

C:\android\platform-tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

P772N10 device

C:\android\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

C:\android\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6027-atlas40.img

sending 'recovery' (5824 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.495s]

writing 'recovery'...

OKAY [ 1.138s]

finished. total time: 1.643s

C:\android\platform-tools>fastboot reboot

rebooting...

finished. total time: -0.000s

C:\android\platform-tools>

This is what I get, but can't boot to recovery mode other then android recovery. Is there any other way to do this? Does that dd copying method work in terminal emulator? Very frustrating.

I solved my problem installing newer stock rom version (10 instead of 08) after that everything went fine.

Please i have same problem here...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>CD..

C:\Windows>CD..

C:\R>CD sdk..

C:\R\sdk>CD platform-tools..

C:\R\sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot bootloader

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

C:\R\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6031-atlas40.img

sending 'recovery' (5844 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.499s]

writing 'recovery'...

OKAY [ 1.226s]

finished. total time: 1.731s

C:\R\sdk\platform-tools>fastboot reboot

rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.003s

but i cant get to recovery to boot it in CW..I dont now how to instal newer stock rom version (10 instead of 08),or where to find it.

please

ok i did menage to reebot using 'adb reboot recovery but there is no option to chose Cw mode..then i instaled again from cd card using adb reboot rec. recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.1-atlas40.zip..and seem like it was ok but when i rebot it there is no cw mode.. :(

ok that was last night,now i get deeper in problem..i am stuck on FTM screen..i can go to clock recovery...i think i bricked my phone well..

Edited by Ko blazen

Guest Something Wierd

i am noob in all this but isnt there a way to get in bootloader/fastboot mode with the hardware keys,and then flash the recovery with the fastboot commands?

Guest KonstaT

i am noob in all this but isnt there a way to get in bootloader/fastboot mode with the hardware keys,and then flash the recovery with the fastboot commands?

Not that I know of and it's not even common in Android devices in general (original Blade was an exception and ZTE plugged it with an update at some point). You're of course free to test any key combos if you want. ;)

It's single adb command anyway. These can be useful in other cases as well.

adb reboot
adb reboot recovery
adb reboot bootloader
[/CODE]

Guest Something Wierd

Tried all combos none of them worked,my friend has an xperia s and that is how i got the idea but the pc found my phone as android device when i pluged it in my pc.None of the comands worked.

Guest KonstaT

Tried all combos none of them worked,my friend has an xperia s and that is how i got the idea but the pc found my phone as android device when i pluged it in my pc.None of the comands worked.

USB debugging enabled?

Guest Something Wierd

The pc cant recognize the device.I can find it under Other devices/Unknown device now i dont know what made it change from android device but it probably means it only is charging.I have been helping my friend unlock his bootloader on xperia s and there is where i got the idea,but that is off the topic.Also i cant find it in adb devices.

Guest leripe

I think you should add/correct or so the first post.

I had long fight with the drivers and error: no devices. / Error No device found

What fixed it was simple:

Install drivers.

Plug device in.

Wait for windows to try or install it.

Boot the device.

Enable debugging in the device.

Mount the device as Media/File transfer.

And now finally the adb worked, it installed something or tried to install in every step.

I hope this helps someone. (Didnt read the whole thread so maybe some mentioned this already)

Edited by leripe

Guest bandita81

Hi,

I have a ZTE V970 w/ CWM 6.0.1.1 and while trying to backup it seems extremely slow. I've started the backup process at 5:12 AM, it's 6:05 AM and still working. Is it normal?

Thank's for the help.

Moved my question to ZTE Grand X topic.

Edited by bandita81

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Something Wierd

When i flashed cwr i made a back up of of my stock rom before doing anything to my phone,and today when i tried to do a restore it showed me invalid md5 sum.Any idea about why this is happening?

Im downloading the stock rom now but it is so slow.

I renamed the file before putting it in the sdcard.Can that be the cause of the problem.I feel like an idiot now.

Edited by Something Wierd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest toby0897

not to be selfish or asking too much but would it be possible to make a touch version

thanks in advanced and for your time :)

Guest KonstaT

not to be selfish or asking too much but would it be possible to make a touch version

thanks in advanced and for your time :)

ClockWorkMod Touch is closed source and can only by built for official CyanogenMod devices using the CWM builder. I guess it could be hacked together in other ways too, but it would be exactly that - hacked. There's also another touch recovery, Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), that someone could port...