[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

Guest dan nedan

Uploading new Baidu v2 custom tonight...

Base is Baidu v2 official, customised by Chiwah

it seems the battery is draining off faster on this version.

your version was much better from this point of vue.

Edited by dan nedan

hello

I can not install keyborad .. someone help me?

As said in first post you have link with huawei keyboard together with rom and other stuff

And you should copy them on your SD card (or some other keyboard).

After installation, open file manager, find keyboard on your SD card and install it.

@ Dan Nedan

This is, practically, a stock rom, and it is an example what a customisation. often brings...

Chiwah did a good thing to deodex the rom (apps will start slower, but work exactly the same once compiled) so now you can more easily modify them (translate for example), but he shouldn't have "optimized" it's performance, as its already perfectly rounded as it is - sure, he did speed up the current app in the foreground, but also ruined battery life and multitasking (background apps closing) in the process...

the launcher is smoother, but how smooth do you really need it to be, it wasn't as if it were already lagging or anything, so it won't actually help you get anything done faster, quite the contrary, the apps will close while you switch between them, so you'll have to wait even more for them to start again

games may run faster, but not any different as if you clicked on the baidu one touch widget to clear the background apps

so i'll say it once more, this rom doesn't need any more tweaking (at least not from some script kiddie just adding random mods) as you will break more things than you fix, instead try to limit yourselves to new features only, something that will actually benefit it, like bravia or acid engine, etc...

Edited by pOcHa

Guest hugocard

how is the battery life of this rom and the speed on antuntu compared with cm10.1?

i like cm10.1 but i neeed some more battery life time :s

btw for me cm10.1 scores 4460 on antuntu,

you can't have top performance and battery life at the same time, they are simply mutually exclusive - and you won't get the best antutu scores on this rom (its a synthetic benchmark anyway, so not really relevant in any meaningful way), not that anything is lagging or slow, its just less smooth then JB as it doesn't have project butter, but everything else (especially battery life) is simply top notch, very noticeably better then any other rom for this phone

Edited by pOcHa

I would add that it is pretty smooth, especially when you switch off animations

in developer options and refrain from putting memory cleaner widget on home screen.

Antutu is near 4000.

The most fascinating thing about this rom is its near zero consumption

while the phone is not in use and, at the same time, wifi, data, GPS are

turned on.

in developer options and refrain from putting memory cleaner widget on home screen.

Antutu is near 4000.

turned on.

+ 1 thats why i am looking forward to next release.

Guest GOlteanu

Antutu is near 4000.

turned on.

You are perfectly wright! this rom is blazing fast and at the same time it saves battery like no other. Even on GB I didn't have this battery life/performance. I'm going through a full day from 8 AM to 12 AM in the night with heavy usage (wifi and data 100% of the time turned on, 2-3 hours of calls, 10-20 messages, 1-2 hours of browsing, mail as they come) and still have 10-15% battery at the end of the day... so for me it's perfect...

Guest mr_mufy

You can not lose your cwm in this version (ROM20v1). No way.

Script is changed and chinese recovery folder is deleted - you can only replace your cwm if installing original chinese Baidu (or Shendu). ;)

v2 version is in another topic:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360527-romics404-baidu-yi-v2-stable-beta-v19-english-repack/[/CODE]

TKS.

For some how i think that, because i really can't access to my CMW.

It's fixed now.

As said in first post you have link with huawei keyboard together with rom and other stuff

And you should copy them on your SD card (or some other keyboard).

After installation, open file manager, find keyboard on your SD card and install it.

@ Dan Nedan

This is, practically, a stock rom, and it is an example what a customisation. often brings...

was what I did .. copi the keyboard to SD "HwIme keyboard"

but lacks a keyboard .. why?

this rom is AWESOME!

but i did have two very minor niggles LOL

1)performance in legend of the cryptids was quite sluggish

2)screen responsiveness was a little off for me,had to press things multiple times

other than that very slick and sexy

Screen is responsive as it is on any huaweian latest ICS rom.

I dont remember how it was on GB, I have to admit that.

Edited by dakok

i`ll try that widget in the next release pocha as i`m back on lightning rom =)

as for the responsiveness maybe it`s just my device but it`s fine in all other roms i have tried :s

as i said though minor niggles.

I've installed the rom and i found a few bugs....the most important is that after a day of use i coult not make or recive ani calls....i had to power of mai phone and restart it. Secont is that the phone is a bit laggy in some apk comparing to the previous version. For example in the [ROM][iCS][4.0.4] Baidu Yi V2 stable (beta V19) English Repack every thing is smooth....no lag at all . I am ow running the Yi v2 version.....hope the next one is al least as better as this one. The best rom so farr Yi v2. :D

well, as always, if the beta is not working for you, stick with the stable release, it is updated less often for a good reason (it takes time to properly test everything)... and btw, the next version tomorrow will also be a beta

I myself had absolutely no issues with the beta, but finding the stable version more smooth too (could be for the new transition animation options in the beta launcher settings, try completely disabling those)

and as i said to grolly, because multitasking on this rom actually works, apps in the background are not force closing, so you need to clear them from the memory with the widget i mentioned if you want maximum possible performance for a foreground app (games)

Guest jpbroad1970

well i have to say after trying a few roms i really like this its suits me too a tea

great smooth rom will see how it goes after a few days

thanks

Baidy Yi beta V20 to V21 (OTA update) English Repack (flashable zip - you will not lose your settings or data)

Required:

already installed version must be beta V20 repack by Dakok - but not my V2 stable (based on V19):

settings -> about phone -> build number = U8818_R_2.1.19.188 (new build will be = U8818_R_2.1.20.188)

Instructions:

- Wipe cache partition

- Mounts and storage: format /cache

- Advanced: Wipe dalvik cache

(do not wipe or format anything else !!!)

- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard

(random offset is not an error, don't worry)

- Reboot system now

Changed:

- Corrected updater-script to allow for U8818, U8815 and ACE devices (if you renamed it to Desire HD for play store)

- Corrected updater-script to not check for existing files (if you removed something on your own, updater might fail - backup, test and report)

- Prevented removing custom recovery

- Removed chinese recovery

- Removed all chinese apps, and Baidu dependent services

- Removed some things Dakok missed in his repack

Link: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

LATEST: confirmed working now

Edited by pOcHa

Great job.

Do you know, btw, what is this new thing from baidu?

(google translate):

What is Baidu Brush APP?

The Baidu Brush Baidu company produced the first Android Brush-based software,

it does not require a computer, do not need data cable ,

you can experience the fun of a key Brush on the phone.

The entire process of Brush is simple, easy to understand ,

even novice brush machine users can easily brush has a smoother phone system!

The first version only supports brush the latest Baidu cloud ROM public beta,

Baidu cloud ROM fans should not miss it!

Later versions will support third-party ROM support more models Brush, so stay tuned!

http://bbs.shouji.baidu.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=43369&extra=page%3D1[/CODE]

Baidy Yi ROM beta V20 to V21 (OTA diff) English Repack (flashable zip)

Required:

already installed version must be beta V20 repack by Dakok - but not my V2 stable (beta V19 with all the bugs fixed):

settings -> about phone -> build number = U8818_R_2.1.20.188

Instructions:

- Wipe cache partition

- Mounts and storage: format /cache

- Advanced: Wipe dalvik cache

(do not wipe or format anything else !!!)

- Install zip: Choose zip from external sdcard

(random offset is not an error, don't worry)

- Reboot system now

Changed:

- Corrected updater-script to allow for U8818, U8815 and ACE devices (if you renamed it to Desire HD for play store)

- Corrected updater-script to not check for existing files (if you removed something on your own, updater might fail - backup, test and report)

- Prevented removing custom recovery

- Removed chinese recovery

- Removed all chinese apps, and Baidu dependent services

- Removed some things Dakok missed in his repack

Link: https://www.dropbox....jzx3/BW4Rr7-NU_

P.S. will not be repacking the full beta V21 (no need)

is this new version from v20 to v21, is this ota updater, when i flash over will this loose my old settings?

mine says r_2.1.19.188

Edited by yaqh