[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

Guest GOlteanu

Wich version you use/recomanded? Wich browser? I use chrome and I don't like it very much. Temple Run have little lag sometimes.

I don't recommend overcloking, I haven't use it on android (I used it on a Palm Pre and it fried my processor). I use opera mini, if you want fast but good browser (I use it since I had a Nokia n73.

Can't say anything about Temple Run because I don't play games (the only one I have is Rage of Bahamut, and still play it from time to time)...

You can do whatever you want, but keep in mind that overclocking in time damages your processor, and you don't need it for that extra little boost in processing power since this Rom it's pretty fast as it is...

Wich browser? I use chrome and I don't like it very much. Temple Run have little lag sometimes.

I removed Baidu browser chinese, but installed english version from Google play store. It is very good.

Omera mobile is better than Opera mini. Dolphin mini not bad, too.

Guest GOlteanu

I removed Baidu browser chinese, but installed english version from Google play store. It is very good.

Omera mobile is better than Opera mini. Dolphin mini not bad, too.

Sorry my bad, I'm using opera mobile not mini, I'm still stuck with opera mini for nokia phones :D

Guest bflmpesseveze

Baidu backup doesn't work properly... I use Titanium...

Titanium is the worst. What is the point of backup all software if I have to restore them one by one? Plus some of restored software lost their settings, some are not possible to backup. I have no luck with titanium at all. To be honest I hate titanium backup. Huawei's backup has "backup data" and "backup applications". Two simple steps to backup all and restore all. Or I can choose if I want backup only calendar, only contacts, only settings, only sms, wich program exactly... I didnt find any other program with these functionalities. And its working on most ROMs. Except jellybeans and this one :( Whats the point of backup SW wich is default installed and I cant put it into another ROM (now Im talking about baidu backup). I do restores only after ROM flashes.

@bflmpesseveze: rayman tested and working great in the V2 stable (beta V19) version, haven't tried it in this beta V20, but maybe you are doing something wrong (use multitouch for everything) - I constantly hold my left thumb anywhere on the screen, and with the right one i press the punch icon for punching (duh) or anywhere else on the screen to jump/fly

beta V20 is from the 18th actually, but those two weeks are not set in stone, it varies...

I tried it on V20 and V19. Irs not working for me. I cant even choose wich "level" I want to play - jumping, shooting, flying etc. Menu is moving left or right in dependency on what side I hold 1st finger. Only one ROM where is multitouch working for me is MariDroid.

in menu hold one finger anywhere constantly, and with the other swipe and click (to select a level click on its top, not center, and try a double-click)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest bflmpesseveze

Well yes. After 5 mins pressing display on wierd spots I started some random level. Game itself is playable. But to play level what I want is almost impossible. I hold one finger. I press with 2nd finger on top or on icon of level and menu with levels moves other side where I hold 1st button. If Im trying to swipe I move with the menu and after another touch (by 2nd finger) on the screen it resets to almost starting position (little bit away from the 1st (holding) finger). So at the end it looks like trying to hit right spot of level to start the game. Enough about Rayman :) ROM itself is good, good sound, nice smooth graphic, nice utilities (phonebook with "only contatcs with number" function, clean RAM, taskbar with more function, alarm with more settings etc.). More than Rayman (wich I buy as the only app and its problematic app, a lot of people have problem with Rayman) Im dissapointed that Huawei allbackup is not working :(

both Baidu and Huawei backups depend on this app: BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk

and Huawei one works on any roms that are stock based, because they already contain its version

I attached it below, unrar it and replace the Baidu's file with this one (or replace the stock one with Baidu's on other roms, if you like it more) - try it, and then report back

Guest Costy88031

I backed up a older apex launcher wich have in doc a shortcut from default browser and it is work. Now I have default browser like in other rom I used before. What do you think?

Guest GOlteanu

both Baidu and Huawei backups depend on this app: BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk

and Huawei one works on any roms that are stock based, because they already contain its version

I attached it below, unrar it and replace the Baidu's file with this one (or replace the stock one with Baidu's on other roms, if you like it more) - try it, and then report back

Doesn't work. When you try to install BackupRestoreConfirmation it says that "another app exists already" and it doesn't allow me to install the one you attached...

Someone can tell me wich rom work better: rom19v2 or rom20v1?

I didn`t try 19v2 yet, pOcHa tried them both, so I guess you better ask him.

Anyway, I don`t think there`s much difference. You wont fail in any case.

if you prefer stability and not having to flash often then use the v2 (beta19), or if you like new features and frequent updates then go with the beta20 (was rock solid for me too) - right now the only differences are purely cosmetic as they were mostly chinese so got removed, but who knows with the next beta version

Guest bflmpesseveze

Thanks. I copied your attachment to /system/app and overwrite that one, reboot, but still after trying to install allbackup.apk - "Application not installed".

Edited by bflmpesseveze

Guest Costy88031

I didn`t try 19v2 yet, pOcHa tried them both, so I guess you better ask him.

Anyway, I don`t think there`s much difference. You wont fail in any case.

Thanhs

Guest Costy88031

if you prefer stability and not having to flash often then use the v2 (beta19), or if you like new features and frequent updates then go with the beta20 (was rock solid for me too) - right now the only differences are purely cosmetic as they were mostly chinese so got removed, but who knows with the next beta version

Thanks

@bflmpesseveze: well, according to its AndroidManifest.xml file, it has no other dependencies, so i guess it can only be run on an ICS version 4.0.3

@Costy88031: use multiquote (left from quote)

Edited by pOcHa

Uploading new Baidu v2 custom tonight...

Base is Baidu v2 official, customised by Chiwah

Added init.d kernel support, BusyBox added

V6_SuperCharger and KickAssKernel ics

Improved smooth sliding effect, enhanced smoothness

Rom is deodexed

No advertising apps

Removed chinese apps

Few small addons: Baidu Browser, MIUI camera, Shendu File explorer

EDIT:

I won`t make a new topic for this.

Not much difference from v20 on the surface.

I noticed it is much more responsive after installing keyboard, changing lockscreen to slide and reboot?

This one has no slide effects for home screens (v20 does)

If someone wants to play with it, rom is in folder in the link from the first post.

Installation goes as for v20 from the same post.

Edited by dakok

Uploading new Baidu v2 custom tonight...

Base is Baidu v2 official, customised by Chiwah

Added init.d kernel support, BusyBox added

V6_SuperCharger and KickAssKernel ics

Improved smooth sliding effect, enhanced smoothness

Rom is deodexed

No advertising apps

Removed chinese apps

Few small addons: Baidu Browser, MIUI camera, Shendu File explorer

EDIT:

I won`t make a new topic for this.

Not much difference from v20 on the surface.

I noticed it is much more responsive after installing keyboard, changing lockscreen to slide and reboot?

This one has no slide effects for home screens (v20 does)

If someone wants to play with it, rom is in folder in the link from the first post.

Installation goes as for v20 from the same post.

Aight, so... should i install it from scratch or just flash the new rom over the old?

Aight, so... should i install it from scratch or just flash the new rom over the old?

Don`t know, really :)

I installed it from scratch, as I allways do...

Now trying CM, for the first time :)