r1 - Customised recovery image for the Asus Padfone 2

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Koplinjp

i managed to unlock and root my phone. After that, i have tried to install this recovey under fastboot mode, i have driver installed (and i tried in another pc with windows 7, both pc's x64), but neither adb or fastboot recognise the phone. (And of course the fastboot command to flash r1 doesn't work). Any ideas?

Guest rafael_mfr

i managed to unlock and root my phone. After that, i have tried to install this recovey under fastboot mode, i have driver installed (and i tried in another pc with windows 7, both pc's x64), but neither adb or fastboot recognise the phone. (And of course the fastboot command to flash r1 doesn't work). Any ideas?

maybe your drivers are not functional, try drivers from asus.

does commands "adb devices" and "fastboot devices" recognizes your phone? before do any command it's a good practice double-check if your phone ir properly recognized.

"adb devices" gives you a kind of random number when phone is connected

"fastboot devices" gives you a '?' instead of the random numbers

Guest Uzrbital

Uhh, how do I flash this over? I managed to "brick" my phone yesterday (won't start), so I need a recovery to use a backup I made. But I have no idea how to use ADB or anything like that.

Edit

Right, so I got it to work and managed to flash the recovery onto my phone. Only problem now is that I have no idea how I am gonna move the .zip file onto my phone since I can't boot it up. Help?

Edit

Aaand I got that to work as well. Now I just need to flash a new ROM onto the phone woo.

Edited by Uzrbital

Guest rafael_mfr

Now I just need to flash a new ROM onto the phone woo.

which fw are u using? 10.4.9.6?

Try to download 10.4.11.13 directly from asus website and put into root of sdcard, phone will find automatically that you have an update available, click onto notification bar and let the phone update by itself. After that you looses root (if you already was), then just run superboot script from Paul again and you are updated and rooted.

Guest Uzrbital

which fw are u using? 10.4.9.6?

Try to download 10.4.11.13 directly from asus website and put into root of sdcard, phone will find automatically that you have an update available, click onto notification bar and let the phone update by itself. After that you looses root (if you already was), then just run superboot script from Paul again and you are updated and rooted.

The notification bar? I can't enter the phone, only things I can enter is recovery and fastboot.

Edit

ADB doesn't list my phone under devices when connected in fastboot.

Edit

Did "adb push update.zip root" is that correct or did I do something terribly wrong now?

Edited by Uzrbital

• 1 month later...
Guest erkkiboy83

hey!

So i downloaded the newest firmware update from asus and entered recovery...i put the file in the download directory for easy access, and opened the menu:

apply update from external storage...at the verification screen the installation aborted, what to do?do i need to wipe data/cache first?or factory reset?or do i need to unzip the file from asus first before installing the update in recovery?im feeling so noob now:S

EDIT; nevermind, figured it out, trial and error method, but wow, this new firmware surely is an improvement from the previous though....

Edited by erkkiboy83

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Woody_SP5

Can someone explain to me how exactly do I flash the stock recovery ?

I am new at this and want to remove TWRP and go back to stock to change the SKU from WWE to TW

• 1 year later...
Guest kampoenk

Uhh, how do I flash this over? I managed to "brick" my phone yesterday (won't start), so I need a recovery to use a backup I made. But I have no idea how to use ADB or anything like that.

Edit

Right, so I got it to work and managed to flash the recovery onto my phone. Only problem now is that I have no idea how I am gonna move the .zip file onto my phone since I can't boot it up. Help?

Edit

Aaand I got that to work as well. Now I just need to flash a new ROM onto the phone woo.

Hi, 

can you tell me what you've done to repair your brick phone? My padfone2 got brick and I can go to fastboot mode. My padfone2 is unroot

Thanks