[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko

Ceco, facebook is incopatible.

I removed google acc and add it again.

It did not help me.

Do it a couple more times. It usually takes 3-4 times for it to stick for me.

Guest wizard.no.84

FB working just fine ...

I was getting at first random screan notification that TY has stoped working, but its working fine..

phone is a bit laging, even with about 200M ram free..

guessinh ill need to do a fresh install (again :wacko: )

Guest plegdroid
FB working just fine ...

I was getting at first random screan notification that TY has stoped working, but its working fine..

phone is a bit laging, even with about 200M ram free..

guessinh ill need to do a fresh install (again :wacko: )

Afternoon.

I flashed dirty and let it update the OS, try clearing your recent apps (may help with the lagging ) :)

Guest Mohamed Atiea

OK. Here is my modified version of that script compatible with jellybean.

What I had to change.

1) Since at the first boot int2ext makes initialization of mount points and this occurs simultaneously with other system components being loaded, it has a negative influence in form of components not being initialized properly at first boot (e.g. mobile network). So I did automatic reboot after first initialization. This means after flashing the script and rebooting, phone will reboot once again after a while. This will assure that the system is in better sync with new mount point layout at next boot.

2) I removed download cache redirection code since it's not relevant for jellybean

3) I removed auto-zipalign since it makes booting process longer and has no real benefit

4) Changed some commands not compatible with our busybox

Enjoy.

I am speechless great work will try it after work, and update you. actully this is a common issue and people are asking for a solution in xda.

Guest wizard.no.84

well, some thing IS with sys cache, because apps are bearable, but when i hit Home buton (of soft home, back key) it takes a while to calculate 2+2 and show me the home screan..

I am speechless great work will try it after work, and update you. actully this is a common issue and people are asking for a solution in xda.

It should be noted that my script directly operates with /dev/block/mtdblock6 system block device which makes it very skate specific. This means it won't be compatible with most other devices having different partition layout...

Guest SingleWolf
Good job with int2ext script.
But it can be some improved ;) by linking dalvik-cache to ext partition instead of app data linking. Edited by SingleWolf

Guest Mohamed Atiea

It should be noted that my script directly operates with /dev/block/mtdblock6 system block device which makes it very skate specific. This means it won't be compatible with most other devices having different partition layout...

Mmmmmmm It should be a good info for others to start porting it to other phones anyway who cares we have it on our skate :D, BTW it is working like magic thanks C3C0 Edited by Mohamed Atiea

The more elegant way would be to introduce similar init.d handling as cm7 has. In CM7, services don't start loading until all init scripts are finished. There is one init script that runs as the last one (99complete) which sets the system property which is a signal for next boot sequence to fire. So services wait for this signal which is signaled after all the work inside init.d is finished. That would mean cleaner initialization of int2ext without needing to force-reboot at first init.

Secondly, the original device node of /data could be parsed from /proc/mounts so we wouldn't need to hardcode mtdblock6. This would make the script compatible with other devices, too.

Edited by C3C0

Guest Mohamed Atiea

So far this is my feedback Missing Features: Vibrate on answer - Hardware keys no backlight - menu hardware key is not working on phone dialer \n Issues: when using Am/PM small layout and the time is 10:07AM the right top icon in the status bar is trimmed (Sorry I am unable to press enter)

Guest szaszabi90

link2sd doesn't work in this rom! Is it right? I tried to patch the 2.partition in Link2sd but it doesn't wor- can't create the command!

With the 3.partition can link not so many apps as with the 2.partition. Is it right???

Guest omegavesko

link2sd doesn't work in this rom! Is it right? I tried to patch the 2.partition in Link2sd but it doesn't wor- can't create the command!

With the 3.partition can link not so many apps as with the 2.partition. Is it right???

Link2SD is working perfectly for me. Make sure to pick EXT4 when it asks you.

Guest szaszabi90

EXT4??? Are you sure?? Because i'm using since a while ext2. what's the different??

Can i switch the strengness of the backlight with mí finger 'taping" in navbar????

Edited by szaszabi90

Guest johnny07mdc

Link2SD working fine here and if can't get it to work

C3CO has just kindly made an int2ext script for us

skaters, just read yesterday's posts