[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest lewis_nvd

Hi C3C0, how we can upgrade from previous version if we have installed your INT2EXT+ modified script?

Thanks for your effort!

Edited by lewis_nvd

Guest Mohamed Atiea

@C3C0 So far here are the issues I've found

-Middle hardware button (menu) is not working on the dialer screen

-Using AM/PM with small style the date is displayed like this

Current Case

10:00 PM MON, FEBREUARY 11 [=][O]

Expected Result

10:00 PM MON, FEB... [=][O]

The [O] icon appears (which shows Custom Tiles) outside the screen (in 4.1.2 the text MON, FEBREUARY 11 was being trimmed MON, FEB...)

Edited by Mohamed Atiea

Guest satanovsyn

How upgrade this rom without wipe data, if int2ext was applied?

Everytime I paste file 40int2ext to unzipped rom to /system/etc/init.d/ but if I made upgrade, rom is stuck on booting logo.

Any ideas?

Should I use it without dalvik cache wipe or?

Did you wait for long enough? It could take couple of minutes to boot especially if you have lots of apps.

You could also check with adb to take a look at what log cat says during boot. I don't use int2ext and am too lazy to simulate it myself.

Or try this.

1) do backup in cwm

2) format sd-ext

3) flash ROM and let it boot.

4) reboot to cwm and restore sd-ext using advanced restore

Edited by C3C0

You are fast :) . Is still has a problem with paranoid settings?I mean when we want to switch on tablet ui or some else?

I don't know what you mean but simple rule to follow - per-app settings override global settings. So if you switch to tablet some apps that have explicit ui and DPI settings won't be affected. You can check which these are in Changed apps list.

Guest plegdroid

Have you tinkerd with colour settings(kernel )? tapatalk used to be a not quite black in comparison to the navigation bar. but on this build it is black. not complaining :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest satanovsyn
Did you wait for long enough? It could take couple of minutes to boot especially if you have lots of apps.

You could also check with adb to take a look at what log cat says during boot. I don't use int2ext and am too lazy to simulate it myself.

I waited 15 min. I will try sdext step

Edited by satanovsyn

C3C0, thank you very much for your nice work.

And a question, please... I would like reduce the weight of the ROM and thus the size of /system. I thought I remove things from /system/media (animation start, melodies ... ), but i'm sure there are more things that can be removed without affecting the functionality. For example: that fonts are not required? What other things could erase without problems?

Thank you again :-)

Guest johnny07mdc

@C3C0 I turned Bluetooth on and was able to pair it with my laptop but I am unable to turn it off even I did a restart but it is still open.

You have to turn Bluetooth off first then reboot

works for me

Guest johnny07mdc

Just updated. Working perfectly so far. Still getting used to how useful Pie is. :)

Pie really is amazing and i agree so useful, no more

need for home,menu and back hardware buttons.

Guest Mohamed Atiea

@C3C0 So far here are the issues I've found

-Middle hardware button (menu) is not working on the dialer screen

-Using AM/PM with small style the date is displayed like this

Current Case

10:00 PM MON, FEBREUARY 11 [=][O]

Expected Result

10:00 PM MON, FEB... [=][O]

The [O] icon appears (which shows Custom Tiles) outside the screen (in 4.1.2 the text MON, FEBREUARY 11 was being trimmed MON, FEB...)

-When connecting USB cable (not mounting SD) the gallery dose not display anytime and when I click on the camera button it is force closes (I have to mount and unmount the SD card to list the images)

For the Bluetooth I've managed to turn it off probably without restart via (ADB or Shell) by the following commands

Turn it off

pm disable com.android.bluetooth
Enable it again to listen when the user click on the bluetooth button (Titles)
pm enable com.android.bluetooth[/code]

The bluetooth will be up and running again and I've paired it with my laptop and received files from my laptop but I am unable to send any file from skate to the laptop (actually it happend once but unable to regenerate).

Guest Bandaranaike

Pie really is amazing and i agree so useful, no more

need for home,menu and back hardware buttons.

I concur. I stopped using classic navigation bar ever since we had the option to use tablet status bar (which contains soft keys). With pie, especially with latest thing that makes it show up wherever you put the finger, the system renders any type of bar useless for me.

I think even switching sides is faster a bit.

Really great, thank you C3C0 for all your effort bringing this to us.