[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Just FYI. PA and CM started merging of 4.2.2

We just wait for the process to finish. I'll then try to merge it into my git. This won't be too easy - I expect quite a bunch of conflicts to be solved.

Guest plegdroid
Just FYI. PA and CM started merging of 4.2.2

We just wait for the process to finish. I'll then try to merge it into my git. This won't be too easy - I expect quite a bunch of conflicts to be solved.

yay. last I looked, Moles was awaiting him self for Google to push it. thanks for the update :)

i read people (@ssaig on twitter, fo example) complaining that 4.2.2 fixed stuff, broke more stuff 

garbage collector working (less ), gnex having to reboot twice a day to conserve usability, etc 

Just read on xda :D. Looks like Google is somewhat rushing the last versions... Well if it's true...

Guest plegdroid

Just read on xda :D. Looks like Google is somewhat rushing the last versions... Well if it's true...

lol, it's the Google way, push it and let the development community fix it. makes sound business sense, why spend millions fixing bugs when an army will sort it for free :D

Guest omegavesko

lol, it's the Google way, push it and let the development community fix it. makes sound business sense, why spend millions fixing bugs when an army will sort it for free :D

To be fair, this is especially true for 4.2.x. 4.0 and 4.1 were pretty stable compared to 4.2. 4.2 and newer seem to be very rushed for some reason.

Little bit OT.

Just to let you know why there are no fresh builts for past couple of days.

I had to exchange my notebook for shovel because of some heavy snow we have here for past two days :P

post-932905-0-16734100-1360775461_thumb.

Guest plegdroid

from a business point of view that's still a no brainer. would have been more cost effective to just release 5.0.0 than a token effort as 4.2.2. finances would have still been spent developing 4.2.2. as its open source its not like Google would get any short /long term payback remittance wise for the $, effort they've already committed to into it.

what Google's long term business model is, is lost on me. :)

Guest plegdroid
Little bit OT.

Just to let you know why there are no fresh builts for past couple of days.

I had to exchange my notebook for shovel because of some heavy snow we have here for past two days :P

post-932905-0-16734100-1360775461_thumb.

looks, really nice where you are :)

from a business point of view that's still a no brainer. would have been more cost effective to just release 5.0.0 than a token effort as 4.2.2. finances would have still been spent developing 4.2.2. as its open source its not like Google would get any short /long term payback remittance wise for the $, effort they've already committed to into it.

what Google's long term business model is, is lost on me. :)

That makes a lot more sense, for all we know we may end up at 4.2.4 before we see any sniff of 5.0.

C3CO I am officially jealous of your epic snow, we got a measly inch or so a week ago and a dusting today :(

Actually, it's not very usual to have such amount of snow in my area so people got quite suprised. Especially those that should take care of road cleaning.

I had to take a day off since I was not able to dig out of my house in the morning :D

@Plegdroid 6.1 was released a couple of weeks ago, there is rumours about 6.2 other than that I'm not sure.

@C3CO You couldn't dig your way out of your house? Now that's what I call getting snowed in :D

Guest plegdroid
@Plegdroid 6.1 was released a couple of weeks ago, there is rumours about 6.2 other than that I'm not sure.

@C3CO You couldn't dig your way out of your house? Now that's what I call getting snowed in :D

:D this is a picture posted by a friend on xda from New England yesterday. post-910238-13607790390459_thumb.jpg

Edited by plegdroid

Guest wizard.no.84

Yes. Cute and quiet place not far from Bratislava.

Update.. still snowing in Bratislava :D

at this rate, Pleg's friend senario will catche up with us :P :D

aaaaand back to problems..

for some months, my bitchest problem is sync with gapps..

so, first, can someone explain to me, why is this problem ocureing?

like now, i cant make play store work.. (some apps are reporting incompa..)

did update ower last build.. error

did fresh instal.. error

tryed some ohter gapps packages.. error

erase acc -> recreate ... error

erase acc -> restart -> recreate ... error

basicly, still dont have functional play :wacko:

so, can someone tell me, why is this heapening, so i can unleast understand the problem and easelly get to botom of it, and not to spam every Rom thread with "play not working" :unsure:

Remove your google account (Settings / Accounts). Switch to Stock UI layout and reboot. Add google account.

Switch back to desired UI layout.

Edited by C3C0

Guest wizard.no.84

whell, i considering that option of doing, but not tryed it yet..

cause, thath was my logicall thing, why apps cant be downloaded.. will do that.. (because i did some "costume" ui with 190)

but, why are app's not complaining when the .apk is from the SD.

it's the same .apk (i think) only if there are not couple of wersions on play (link to some app on play, and then in some data folder, couple of versions of apk, depending of the UI layout)

Edited by wizard.no.84