[DEV][ROM] ParanoidAndroid 3.15/AOSP- Android 4.2.2

Guest gbosh

Guest surfungus

Hey PsYc, I just tried to install the cobalt inferno theme, looks really good :P !!

Is it just themes you're having problems with? , i was having the "insufficient storage available" problem with apps, even when I'd changed roms.. :blink: thought I'd screwed my phone for a while. After lots of formatting, different cwm's I decided to TPT back to how it was before I started messing and now all is good again. I just wish I knew how I broke it to start with...

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Still can't get it installed, I've even formatted my sdcard and partitioned it with the max sizes. Which TPT did you use?

I found Amphoras's post with the TPTs, did you install the 200/40/200 one?

Or one from this post?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest surfungus

hey dude, it's the tpt chris did before upgrading cwm from 5.5 to 6.0.0.8 its

cache 10mb

system 220mb

userdata 210mb

cwm 5.5.something

Its not online anymore, luckily I found it the other day, just uploaded for ya..

http://www.mediafire...7jmnf3k605ye3y6 (san fran only, just in case anyone else tries it!)

md5 912a8cf44d3e3dfc81b9a511e658a02f

Edited by surfungus

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Got everything sorted finally, thanks. I used the newer TPT with int2ext script. Now I've got tons of room to install apps.

I actually ended up changing to another orange theme I bought ages ago, wasn't too keen on Cobalt when I finally got it installed, think I might be a girl.

Guest gbosh

New build and gapps

Changelog:

29/03/2013

-PA 3.15

- Synced with AOSPA repos

- Limit on number of background apps

--- set to 8 by default in build.prop (sys.mem.max_hidden_apps)

- Potential fix for status bar freeze

- Automatic disablement of Pie while on lockscreen

- Dynamic Hybrid properties toggle (tile)

- Option to adjust automatic brightness levels

- Option to set custom lockscreen background

- Updated gapps (new Gmail)

--- make sure to uninstall Gmail update from data partition if present

- Upgrade without wiping data possible

- Semaphore driven sysinit for better int2ext compatibility

- Fixed 2G/3G toggle

- Pie (expanded desktop) toggle

- CM Volume toggle

- CM Quite Hours

- Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in Landscape mode

- New cool AOSPA easteregg

- Upgrade without wiping data possible

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Woohoo, Thanks buddy. Quick note though, You haven't changed the subject in the first post to reflect the change in version.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to want to boot for me, I tried your int2ext zip file and also the one I used with 3.10 (which it worked with). I'll try without an int2ext zip and see if I can get any joy. I've definitely used the 736v version as I have a SanFran2.

EDIT 2: Nope, won't boot without int2ext either :(

EDIT 3: One other note, in 3.10 when I went into the Hybrid properties, it wouldn't show the different sections in the main interface.

EDIT 4: Tried re-downloading the rom and flashing it on it's own, still won't boot. Think there's something wrong there :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest gbosh

Yes, I have that, also the p736e version works fine, wich doesn't make any sense

Until I get it sorted out I will put the 18.03 version up for the p736v

EDIT: ok it's working now, link is up

Edited by gbosh

Guest tititj

I think the battery life is not so gut than in previous roms (FNC, PAC from 12/21)

Any Ideas why?

Hey Gbosh , thanks for your work and this rom is great , but realy it is battery killer , can you somehow fix this ?

If i use phone setings about every minute i lost 2% of battery , it is realy too much.

Again thanks for your amazing work.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

titij, I would recommend getting a couple of apps, which will really help you control battery usage:

Titanium Backup : This will let you disable/freeze/remove some apps which you will never use, Google Talk is a good candidate for this cos it's bad for waking up your phone and not a lot of people use it.

Better Battery Stats : This app will show you exactly which apps or processes are keeping your phone awake so you can disable/control them with Titanium Backup

Also, make sure you also turn off GPS when you're not using or don't need it because it eats up a lot of battery life. Making sure you disable WiFi when the phone is asleep is another good tip.

Live wallpapers are not a good idea, even better is just removing wallpaper altogether and having a black background as this uses a lot less power.

Hope those help.

Guest gbosh

Pretty much what Psychokilla said minus the black wallpaper, as thet only affecrs power usage on AMOLED screens, that we don't have.

Also, maybe you can find something you don't know yet here

Guest tititj

titij, I would recommend getting a couple of apps, which will really help you control battery usage:

Titanium Backup : This will let you disable/freeze/remove some apps which you will never use, Google Talk is a good candidate for this cos it's bad for waking up your phone and not a lot of people use it.

Better Battery Stats : This app will show you exactly which apps or processes are keeping your phone awake so you can disable/control them with Titanium Backup

Also, make sure you also turn off GPS when you're not using or don't need it because it eats up a lot of battery life. Making sure you disable WiFi when the phone is asleep is another good tip.

Live wallpapers are not a good idea, even better is just removing wallpaper altogether and having a black background as this uses a lot less power.

Hope those help.

Ok thanks , but i realy dont use wifi also i dont use gps , i just installed this rom for first time , i keep brightnes close to minimum , i have custom pic for background but i just go through settings to set up the phone and i see every minute my battery drop for 2%. So mabe watching my battery is not needed cuz its sleeping good just eating battery like hell if i use it. I noticed in running apps that phone uses over 300mb of ram , i tried to stop app's in cache but no efect.

Also can i somehow change that when i go to contacts from dialer they show up some other way ?

Thanks guys.

Guest Fighttack

Hope those help.

Thanks PsYcHoKiLLa, I already tried this,but the effect for better battery life doesnt appear :-(

Google talk takes battery life, but simply when doing nothing, the battery life drops very fast like titty said.The App Battery Calibration doenst help, too.

• 2 months later...
Guest rymate1234

When I flashed this rom with the INT2EXT script, is it supposed to not be able to mount my sdcard?

I have a fat partition on my SD card that is no longer mounting :(

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Did you re-partition your sd card first? If not that's probably why, you need to re-partition it in CWM first, then start flashing your rom and zips.

I used 2GB for the data and 0 for the swap (which should force swapping to be done on the phone itself). If you didn't partition the card then there's no partitions for the int2ext script to use.

Remember you'll lose whatever is on the sdcard when you partition it so back it up first.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest rymate1234

Did you re-partition your sd card first? If not that's probably why, you need to re-partition it in CWM first, then start flashing your rom and zips.

I used 2GB for the data and 0 for the swap (which should force swapping to be done on the phone itself). If you didn't partition the card then there's no partitions for the int2ext script to use.

Remember you'll lose whatever is on the sdcard when you partition it so back it up first.

The SD-EXT works perfectly, I now have 5GB of space for apps and stuff.

It's the 2GB standard fat partition that isn't mounting

Guest dodgetimmy

This happened to me when I had little system storage space left. Make sure you're using a tpt of 220mb system and that you install slim gapps

• 7 months later...