For guys with blurred screen after flashing CM9

Guest bredwolf

Guest hecatae

can anyone say to me how to change the boot.img from hecatae`s cm9?In this way,i could test to help you to release the rom as soon as posible.

grab the posted boot.img, insert into the official cm9 zip, do the usual to flash rom

Guest bredwolf

grab the posted boot.img, insert into the official cm9 zip, do the usual to flash rom

to insert the posted boot.img i need first to extract the zip files than replace the boot and then arhive it again?

Guest hecatae

to insert the posted boot.img i need first to extract the zip files than replace the boot and then arhive it again?

dont extract the zip, just put the boot.img inside, if I remember windows, you had to copy it over the zip, release mouse button and it put it in there for you

Guest bredwolf

hecatae,i`ve tried this.The screen turns from blank to white than reboots and repeat the proces..it doesn`t work.If we can help you with something,please say,cause we all want a non-blured screen for our device.Thanks.

Guest hecatae

So if I look at my previous work, the original build had changed touchscreen and gpu drivers, current boot.img only has changed touchscreen drivers, so will have to look at gpu drivers

ok... another player in this game :)

i finally compiled the STOCK CM9 KERNEL.

before i try to apply changes to solve the blurred screen issue I would like to test if i can build right...

so...just try this kernel (again, this is the stock cm9 kernel with the blurred screen issue) and tell me if all works like usual! :)

[link removed - already tested!]

and guys, make a backup, it's my first kernel build from a long time :D

thanks!

p.s. flash without signature check :)

Edited by Suxsem

Guest misterff1
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW WE DID IT! :D all working fine and blurred screen gone! :D give me a minute to publish all the things :P

You have a good kernel? Thats great dude! Is it overclocked too?