[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest twrock

is this any better than stock+, is it worth the change?

For me, this rom is "better" because in Stock+ I was never able to get storage to ext-SD to stick. It would revert to internal on every boot. (And yes, I did try a bunch of the suggestions, including reformatting my SD card.) This rom defaults to ext-SD and stays there, and that makes it better for me.

I'm very happy jsevi83 added the Power Toggles. I'd prefer the stock battery icon, but having the added functionality of Power Toggles is worth losing that.

Big "thank you" to jsevi83!

Guest ptoner

I'm very happy jsevi83 added the Power Toggles. I'd prefer the stock battery icon, but having the added functionality of Power Toggles is worth losing that.

Big "thank you" to jsevi83!

Big thank you to jsevi83 also!

This ROM is blisteringly fast now that it includes the Ouch Kernel 1.4 , Caller id and power toggles! Amazing, I love the battery icon he has included in this ROM also.

Guest twrock

If anyone else is interested, here's a replacement SystemUI.apk in flashable format that has stock battery icons and blue toggle icons. I don't know if it can be installed before the first boot of the rom. I flashed it later, and it seems to work fine for me. Disclaimer: no guarantees, might brick your phone, etc., etc.

Edit: I did further modifications. See this post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/360832-romics-b952slim-rom/page__st__240#entry2102967

Edited by twrock

Guest jsevi83

Do you guys have "3g reboots" on this ROM?

Reboots depend on the bootloader, not on the rom. Reboots happen only if you use the unlocked ICS bootloader.

Guest TangerineTractor

great rom thanks, but reboot options not showing in power tog menu for me, and yes i have checked it in quick panel settings.

thanks

The Quick Panel settings are for the notification toggles, not the power menu. If it's not showing, I'd hazard that the rom hasn't installed properly. Did you do a full set of wipes first? Have you flashed anything else on top of it?

Guest jake460

The Quick Panel settings are for the notification toggles, not the power menu. If it's not showing, I'd hazard that the rom hasn't installed properly. Did you do a full set of wipes first? Have you flashed anything else on top of it?

yup sorry thats what i ment, in power menu, yes came from v10 but did a full wipe to v11, will do another full wipe and see how it goes. just flashed huawei weather, vol wake up.

cheers.

Edited by jake460

Guest TangerineTractor

yup sorry thats what i ment, in power menu, yes came from v10 but did a full wipe to v11, will do another full wipe and see how it goes. just flashed huawei weather, vol wake up.

cheers.

Try not flashing the vol wakeup - do a clean install no additional flashes, see if its there.

Guest dakok

Tried it this afternoon, not impressed too much.

Flashed then baidu v20 after almost a month of flashing over 20 different roms :(.

Guess what?

Only CM10r6 and Cmiui GB are a bit better than baidu.

(didnt try CM9, though)

Guest lejkabasz

Reboots happen only if you use theunlocked ICS bootloader.

So, to use any Custom ROM wchich based on ICS, the device need to have unlocked Bootloader?

Guest dragonwinglet

So is a full wipe necessary if I'm upgrading from v10?

I'm on GB baseband now, downgraded with this http://www.modaco.co...from-recovery/.

I did not find any other way. You can use this:

https://play.google....Reinstall&hl=cs

to backup apps and then install other apps (dsp manager...) things from here:

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=519072

Edited by dragonwinglet

Guest dalyer

So, to use any Custom ROM wchich based on ICS, the device need to have unlocked Bootloader?

Seems like not everybody gets "3G reboots" when running ICS/2030 baseband with the unlocked bootloader. But for those (like me!) who do there are a few options including...

1. Live with it and toggle to 2G etc. :)
  2. Relock the bootloader:
  3. Run ICS on the GB/109808 baseband and bootloader:

Thanks to jsevi83 for options 2 and 3! :D

Guest dalyer

Thx mate, but your solutions (2,3) reffering to Stock.

No - stock ROMs and stock based custom ROMs.

Edited by dalyer

Guest dragonwinglet

jsevi83:

Hi,

could you implement higher frequency option to CPU (or ask kra1o5 to do so?). I just discovered that my g300 is pretty stable on 1267MHz, and that is the highes frequency.

V11 is so great... as every vXY from you :) Thank you!

I *think* that it will not be useful, but I would like to test it. If it is big problem, leave it be, it is not important... :P

Guest Higgy69

Hello,

I have been using this for a few days, but today I noticed that after unplugging USB cable from PC (don't even have to connect, just charging) my ringtones went back to DEFAULT?

I use my own files I have on my SD card. This was a problem on earlier versions of Infusion but was corrected.

Nice work. Thanks.

Guest TangerineTractor

jsevi83:

Hi,

could you implement higher frequency option to CPU (or ask kra1o5 to do so?). I just discovered that my g300 is pretty stable on 1267MHz, and that is the highes frequency.

V11 is so great... as every vXY from you :) Thank you!

I *think* that it will not be useful, but I would like to test it. If it is big problem, leave it be, it is not important... :P

I did some testing at different frequencies, and found that my phone was, or at least felt, more responsive at 1.19 than at higher frequencies.

Hello,

I have been using this for a few days, but today I noticed that after unplugging USB cable from PC (don't even have to connect, just charging) my ringtones went back to DEFAULT?

I use my own files I have on my SD card. This was a problem on earlier versions of Infusion but was corrected.

Nice work. Thanks.

Does not do this for me, all is well you must have something left from previous rom. You may need to wipe properly, although for me if it is on the same baseband i just wipe the dalvick cache and all has been good so far.

Guest twrock

I further modified the SystemUI.apk I'm using to reduce its size under 1mb. So this file is flashable, and contains a modified version of the Power Toggles icons. The icons are grey when off and blue when on. The battery icons are stock ICS. I flashed after the first boot, so I don't know if it can be put into the rom before flashing that. YMMV, but it works well for me.

PwrTogl-blue-stkbatt-SystemUI.zip

Edit: I was doing some testing. I wiped the phone, flashed the rom, and then immediately flashed this blue PowerToggles file prior to the first boot. After that it booted just fine and worked correctly after the boot. So apparently it can be done.

Edited by twrock

Guest Hoggonator

Battery life is amazing on v11, I have come from 10.1 only because I get lag build up after a while but the battery life on this is significantly better.

Guest ptoner

Having issues with this after installing a few browsers... FC's as soon as I open any app at random times. Changing my live wallpaper to default, after browsers for a while in UC/Lightining/Stock browsers. Not updating Caller ID's, sound shifting itself between loud and silent. Starting to get very troublesome.... I am going to install Lightning v5.5 and try it for a while... might do a total clean install with SLIM to see if it helps.

Really frustrating me the last week. cant use it anymore. Anyone have advice?

Guest twrock

Having issues with this after installing a few browsers... FC's as soon as I open any app at random times. Changing my live wallpaper to default, after browsers for a while in UC/Lightining/Stock browsers. Not updating Caller ID's, sound shifting itself between loud and silent. Starting to get very troublesome.... I am going to install Lightning v5.5 and try it for a while... might do a total clean install with SLIM to see if it helps.

Really frustrating me the last week. cant use it anymore. Anyone have advice?

Maybe stop installing so many different browsers? ;)

Slim v11 is completely stable for me. I did a full wipe and reinstalled most of my apps from the Market, vs. restoring them from backups. YMMV, but I really like this rom.