[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest ptoner

lol, yeah... something went wrong when I started trying browsers..... might do like you say... another clean install and fresh install of apps instead of restoring them all.

Guest denzele

ok flashed v11 reboot phone starts with huawei logo and stays there forewer..tried few times..realised there's new kernel on this one -maybe issue?

Anyway is there any big change on v11 from v10?

Guest dalyer

The original post in this thread links to the original thread about this ROM on another forum which includes a change log. You may need to translate from Spanish.

Guest dinamo1975

ok flashed v11 reboot phone starts with huawei logo and stays there forewer..tried few times..realised there's new kernel on this one -maybe issue?

Anyway is there any big change on v11 from v10?

I'm on v10 and i don't have any problems... battery life is good and so on... I made a kit of v10 slightly modified; in that i added all "addons" like: "bravia engine", "volume wake", "Caller ID lag" etc!

The kit is here if you want to install it: http://www.solidfile...m/d/602e2fe46d/

All credit goes to "jsevi83" from htcmania.com (http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=519072)

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest ptoner

Sort of figured out that Apex Launcher was causing my issues in v11. Still a few niggly issues that were not present in v10 for me. So might go back to that version and use your kit Dinamo1975.

Thanks.

Guest ptoner

Hi jsevi83, when texting it force closes, when browsing using Lightning+ or Stock it crashes the Live desktop wallpaper I use. V2.3

https://play.google....XRjaExpZ2h0Il0.

When I am using the device and a text is received, sometimes it does not show up in the messages , which is very annoying. The only reason I know that I have received one at all is because I have a specific LED set for my girlfriend in LightFlow. It flashes her colour but when i look, there is no message. Light Flow v3.6.0.

Also, it sometimes force closes when typing into the browser. I am using SwiftKey 4.0.0.106

It was a clean install v11.

Edited by ptoner

Guest TangerineTractor

Hi jsevi83, when texting it force closes, when browsing using Lightning+ or Stock it crashes the Live desktop wallpaper I use. V2.3

https://play.google....XRjaExpZ2h0Il0.

When I am using the device and a text is received, sometimes it does not show up in the messages , which is very annoying. The only reason I know that I have received one at all is because I have a specific LED set for my girlfriend in LightFlow. It flashes her colour but when i look, there is no message. Light Flow v3.6.0.

Also, it sometimes force closes when typing into the browser. I am using SwiftKey 4.0.0.106

It was a clean install v11.

try ditching the live wallpaper?

Guest ptoner

Still does not explain the odd text message not coming through or the crashes when typing in a browser/text.

Will keep it off and see if it improves anything. I have Apex Launcher off also and it still happens.

EDIT: Update - The issues seem to stem from the WP Clock 2 app. Which is unfortunate as I really do like it. Anyways, installed the latest Apex Launcher and it is working ok. Still the odd crash, nothing major and texts seem to be coming through ok. Speed has also improved, must have been a hungry app.

Any other decent, modern, minimalstic clock widgets?

Edited by ptoner

Guest lejkabasz

Very fast and smooth ROM, but Hsdpa not working properly, only Edge.. The package goes and stops. Is there any values in build.prop to change to help in my problem?

I used GB baseband.

Edited by lejkabasz

Guest TangerineTractor

Still does not explain the odd text message not coming through or the crashes when typing in a browser/text.

Will keep it off and see if it improves anything. I have Apex Launcher off also and it still happens.

EDIT: Update - The issues seem to stem from the WP Clock 2 app. Which is unfortunate as I really do like it. Anyways, installed the latest Apex Launcher and it is working ok. Still the odd crash, nothing major and texts seem to be coming through ok. Speed has also improved, must have been a hungry app.

Any other decent, modern, minimalstic clock widgets?

You could try minimalist if text - takes a lot of setting up but works well.

I'm currently using the digital clock widget from clock jb+ - I found it by accident after using the main app which is an excellent all round clock/alarm/timer app.

Guest lejkabasz
I think the rom is fine. The problem with data is because its on GB baseband

Can anyone else confirm this? So solution will be upgrading to ICS baseband with locking Bootloader(to neutralize reboots), wright?

Edit: I tried some 3g/H tweaks in build.prop and HSDPA drivers from 952 but no changes.

:angry:

Data always goes like this:

/\/\/\/\.

Great room so far but without high internet speed it's useless on GB baseband, even if is no reboots.

Edited by lejkabasz

• 5 weeks later...
Guest smweb

B952-slim-v12 is out on: http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=519072 :D

v12 List of changes:

- Wake up screen with volume keys (can be disabled with an addon).

- Fixed the icon for the status bar to charge the battery.

- Enabled call recording.

- Removed unnecessary options QuickPanel Settings.

- Some tweaks that may enhance the battery.

- Fixed some links in the updater-script.

Guest jsevi83

Which kernel is in v12? I found that paul's #15 works better then original one ouch kernel or whatever the name is..

It has Ouch kernel, the same as v11. If you are in ICS baseband (and don't plan to change to GB baseband), you can install Paul's #15 kernel.

BTW, all the addons in the second post of the original thread are updated and working.

Guest TangerineTractor

Slim v11 with Xperia Z Launcher and a re-locked bootloader is rock solid, stable and fast for me, so I'll be unlocking, full wiping, installing v12 and relocking tonight!

Guest Fenomenorx

Slim v11 with Xperia Z Launcher and a re-locked bootloader is rock solid, stable and fast for me, so I'll be unlocking, full wiping, installing v12 and relocking tonight!

How do you relock the bootloader? Tks