[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest MickJack

Can someone give me a few clues to the toggles, just moved upto V4, finding the toggles impossible to configure, Would like to add a wifi tether toggle or remove the toggles and run with power toggles, Feeling I mus be missing something. Thanks in advance

Nice, running well, thanks to all that put this together.

Edited by MickJack

Can someone give me a few clues to the toggles, just moved upto V4, finding the toggles impossible to configure, Would like to add a wifi tether toggle or remove the toggles and run with power toggles, Feeling I mus be missing something. Thanks in advance

If you flash this: http://www.solidfile...m/d/7a1df65070/ it should remove the toggles so you can use Power toggles. Please make a nandroid first just in case.

OmnioPT: Or, if you don't use Link2Int, remove \system\etc\init.d/02link2int_mount

+1

Edited by Cyda

Guest OmnioPT

OmnioPT: Or, if you don't use Link2Int, remove \system\etc\init.d/02link2int_mount

Can I simply delete the file with ES Explorer?

Or I need some special procedure to delete it?

Guest dalyer

Still on R4 but wonder if anybody can advise... Anybody else using the stock email client to access Hotmail? This worked fine for me on CM10.1 (and Infusion if I recall correctly). With Stock+ I managed eventually to get it working last night and it was working sporadically today but would often simply say "Cannot connect to server". So I deleted the cache/data for the email client and decided to configure the Hotmail account from scratch. But now no matter what I try I cannot get it set up. I have added it as an Exchange account with a blank domain and am using debug-m.hotmail.com but then it gets to "Checking incoming server settings" and then says "Can't connect to server". I notice that Client certificate is None so does that matter and could clearing the email client data have lost a certificate that was needed or something?!?

Guest dalyer

Can I simply delete the file with ES Explorer?

Or I need some special procedure to delete it?

You might need to enable root options and mounting of system as read-write in ESExplorer to do this?

Guest OmnioPT

You might need to enable root options and mounting of system as read-write in ESExplorer to do this?

Yes, I did it all. Now it's just delete the file?

Yeah, you'll need to enable the root options first (tick all boxes in root options) and then ES file explorer will work fine. Just delete the file.

I'll make a addon to remove this for those that don't use it. I'll add it to the list of many addons I need to make next week. :P

Still on R4 but wonder if anybody can advise... Anybody else using the stock email client to access Hotmail? This worked fine for me on CM10.1 (and Infusion if I recall correctly). With Stock+ I managed eventually to get it working last night and it was working sporadically today but would often simply say "Cannot connect to server". So I deleted the cache/data for the email client and decided to configure the Hotmail account from scratch. But now no matter what I try I cannot get it set up. I have added it as an Exchange account with a blank domain and am using debug-m.hotmail.com but then it gets to "Checking incoming server settings" and then says "Can't connect to server". I notice that Client certificate is None so does that matter and could clearing the email client data have lost a certificate that was needed or something?!?

TT might be able to offer advice on this, I know he always uses the mail app. I only ever use gmail so can't really advise on setting up the stock email app, sorry.

Edited by Cyda

Guest OmnioPT

Yeah, you'll need to enable the root options first (tick all boxes in root options) and then ES file explorer will work fine. Just delete the file.

I'll make a addon to remove this for those that don't use it. I'll add it to the list of many addons I need to make next week.

Done. Thanks.

Cyda, I don't use the Link2SD app, can I delete the .apk?

Will a nandroid backup also backup the apps moved to the internal SD using link2sd?

Depends on the recovery you use. I use the latest TWRP and if you enable the internal_sd backup option that will backup and restore all apps moved via link2sd. I use it frequently and works really well.

Done. Thanks.

Cyda, I don't use the Link2SD app, can I delete the .apk?

Yeah, you can remove that without a problem. But you might want to keep it because even if you don't use it for anything else it is really good for uninstalling and freezing apps. Once that mount script is removed from the init.d folder the Link2Int mod is fully disabled.

Edited by Cyda

Guest OmnioPT
Yeah, you can remove that without a problem. But you might want to keep it because even if you don't use it for anything else it is really good for uninstalling and freezing apps. Once that mount script is removed from the init.d folder the Link2Int mod is fully disabled.

Ok Cyda, I'll keep it :)

Thanks one more time!

Guest dalyer

TT might be able to offer advice on this, I know he always uses the mail app. I only ever use gmail so can't really advise on setting up the stock email app, sorry.

OK - thanks. Hopefully he'll notice this question here! :)

Guest tillaz

"Fastboot" is the first thing that gets turned off for me, and from what I read also for many others. If you prefer R3 then sweet you're sorted. I do this because I find it fun, I don't really care who uses it as long as I know it runs well.

fastboot wont work with the extended power menu as that part of the code has been removed, its tied in with huaweis reboot option and shutdown thread.

you can actually totally remove the button from the settings menu as it has no effect any more

just decompile settings.apk

navigate to

projects\Settings.apk\res\xml\settings_headers.xml

delete line 49

<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_fastboot" android:id="@id/fast_boot_settings" android:title="@string/fast_power_on" />

save and exit, recompile (don't sign it)

fastboot wont work with the extended power menu as that part of the code has been removed, its tied in with huaweis reboot option and shutdown thread.

you can actually totally remove the button from the settings menu as it has no effect any more

just decompile settings.apk

navigate to

projects\Settings.apk\res\xml\settings_headers.xml

delete line 49

<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_fastboot" android:id="@id/fast_boot_settings" android:title="@string/fast_power_on" />

save and exit, recompile (don't sign it)

Cheers, tillaz. Conveniently the fastboot button auto disappears from settings once the false flag is set in build.prop. Which makes it easier. :)

Edited by Cyda

Guest bladebuddy

Why don't you just use the Hotmail app from Google play as that works well. I know Hotmail will be discontinued come April but the app still gets updates and works well. Unless I am missing something , if so sorry now.

Guest dalyer

I just wanted to use the stock app with Hotmail as I have before but that might be an option.

Unfortunately I think I may have found a showstopper that will prevent me from using Stock+ :( My phone suffers from the sporadic "3G reboot" problem and I haven't found a way to solve this. I tried the bootloader that was posted here in an attempt to fix or at least mitigate the problem and while the reboots seemed fewer they were still regular enough to cause problems. So my fallback was to use Llama and configure actions to toggle to 2G on screen off and 3G on screen on. This circumvented the problem. But the 2G/3G toggling needs CM and won't work on Stock+. So unless I can find another way around this problem I don't think that Stock+ is going to work for me.... Bummer.... :(

Guest Timbones
R5 working fine. Set the two animation settings to .5 in developer options makes it seem snappier still, and IMHO it's faster with kernel #15.

I'm also using kernel #15 because it "feels" faster. I briefly tried enabling zram, but that eventually choked when memory was full.

Minor bug in R4 - the battery mod doesn't cycle the percentage full when on charge. I'm sure it used to...

Can't find any auto way of doing it with a non CM rom. Best I could find is a widget https://play.google....etwork2g3gonoff

I'm also using kernel #15 because it "feels" faster. I briefly tried enabling zram, but that eventually choked when memory was full.

Minor bug in R4 - the battery mod doesn't cycle the percentage full when on charge. I'm sure it used to...

Yeah, it used to have an anim but I had to mod it when I added toggles because the resources were different. Not sure if I can change it back to the animated style but I'll look at it.

Edited by Cyda

Guest TangerineTractor

I'll make a addon to remove this for those that don't use it. I'll add it to the list of many addons I need to make next week. :P

not any more. use it for exchange and used to use it for Gmail, but I've switched to using aqua mail now for Gmail over imap. It's the only mail client that instantly syncs imap folders... and you don't get conversation threaded gmail!

not a lover of Hotmail and can't really remember how to set it up... but a quick Google came up with this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1870889

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

the new toggles are modified using the new rom settings icon in the app drawer.

Guest dalyer

Can't find any auto way of doing it with a non CM rom. Best I could find is a widget https://play.google....etwork2g3gonoff

Thanks Cyda. I'll try that for now but I'm not sure that I can cope with the lack of an automated toggle... :(

I don't think that there's any general fix for the 3G reboot problem? I'm not even sure that it's fully understood. The whole thing about it being down to the unlocked bootloader seemed speculative at the time unless somebody has managed to prove that this is the cause?

Guest dalyer

not any more. use it for exchange and used to use it for Gmail, but I've switched to using aqua mail now for Gmail over imap. It's the only mail client that instantly syncs imap folders.

Thanks TT. I'll just use the Hotmail app for now so. But seems odd that the stock email client was working fine with my Hotmail up to yesterday on CM10.1?

Guest dalyer

Hotmail setup for stock email http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1870889

Thanks - tried that but can't get it working. It did eventually somehow work last night but since then it was sporadically saying that it could not connect. Then I wiped the email client cache/data and tried to start again but ever since I can't get the connection set up at all. I think I'll just stick with the Hotmail app for now. Thanks again though.