[ROM] [CM10.1+AOKP+PA3] Root Box for ZTE Blade (Updated 17/9/13)

Guest zeelog

Guest zeelog

A fully rom but PA rom seem smother. How to turn off the Halo ??

go in settings > system > halo settings > disable reverse halo gestures, then hold halo and drag to top red circle to delete. new build will include a master switch to enable/disable halo.

Hi Lister,

Somehow it came back today - I have no idea why, it just did after reboot. It happened sometimes on one of the previous ROMs during normal usage, due to the RAM problems I think, because statusbar always came back after a few seconds.

Here's hoping it was the last time it happened, because this ROM is awesome and I'd be sad if I had to stop using it. :(

EDIT: Aaaaand it's gone again. :(

try full wipe, including format boot,system - alternatively wait for the new release, perhaps it will fix it for you. personally I didn't come across this issue, though it has been reported by other users...

post-872608-0-41800400-1371901853_thumb.And I want to ask contrariwise - how to enable Navigation Bar? There is the appropriate section in Settings - ROM control, but I cannot make Navigation Bar visible. Is it a bug, or it might happen because of Pie active?

check in hybrid properties > paranoid settings > interface > nav. bar (must be set higher than 0%) , afaik yes you have to deactivate pie for navigation bar to be displayed..

Guest Xeeng

check in hybrid properties > paranoid settings > interface > nav. bar (must be set higher than 0%) , afaik yes you have to deactivate pie for navigation bar to be displayed..

Your combination works! I set nav. bar on 50 % (after that my wallpaper changed back to stock), then disabled Pie, and I have got the Navigation Bar.

Guest zainin

try full wipe, including format boot,system - alternatively wait for the new release, perhaps it will fix it for you. personally I didn't come across this issue, though it has been reported by other users...

Full wipe worked only partially, when statusbar disappeared again I couldn't get it to show up in Stock UI, but Tablet and Phablet mode are mostly working. Guess I'll wait for the next release.

I think System UI process is somehow bugged, because when statusbar disappears, so do HALO, PIE and wallpaper.

Guest Xeeng

It's a pity, but today my smartphone has already made near 10 spontaneous reboots. I didn't use overclocking (CPU settings min: 245 MHz, max: 604 MHz, governor smartass V2). So I think that current ROM release is not stable enough.

Thanks, zeelog, I've had plenty enough fun with HALO and PIE. Thats are really cool staff, but it seems to me that Blade is too slow for them.

Guest zeelog

as announced earlier in the pa thread, i won't be compiling pac-man rom anymore..instead i'll be replacing it with root-box. Links & some screenshots have been updated accordingly..as stated in the OP, a FULL WIPE is a MUST:

INITIAL RELEASE:

http://goo.im/devs/z...ly-20130702.zip

This is not an upgrade for previous PAC-man roms, it's a completely different ROM, so full wipe IS A MUST.

Main Features:

Pie Controls

HALO

Low Battery Warning options

Battery per-app-colour

Recents styles

Breathing SMS/Missed Calls

AOKP ROM Control

ParanoidAndroid per app DPI/colours

Integrated AOKP Performance Control

different battery styles

& much more.............................

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog,

This looks very similar to PAC rom in feature wise, so I'll be sure to check this one out... Does it have a different Weather structure? (like in the old PAC CM10 and not CM10.1 rom?) May give this a whirl tonight as its my birthday, I feel ya released it in honour of my day of aging!! :P lol

Anyway, thanks once again... once Ive backup up stuff from my current PAC (messages and that) I shall wipe, and give ya my thoughts...

Cheers, Lister

zee please can u make a patch of effem app for ics please i need it...i dont know how to apply it please can make a zip file patch or any kind of suggestion..please help me..

Edited by Guest

Guest zeelog

Hi ZeeLog,

This looks very similar to PAC rom in feature wise, so I'll be sure to check this one out... Does it have a different Weather structure? (like in the old PAC CM10 and not CM10.1 rom?) May give this a whirl tonight as its my birthday, I feel ya released it in honour of my day of aging!! :P lol

Anyway, thanks once again... once Ive backup up stuff from my current PAC (messages and that) I shall wipe, and give ya my thoughts...

Cheers, Lister

re weather structure, it's the same as in latest pac-man

zee please can u make a patch of effem app for ics please i need it...i dont know how to apply it please can make a zip file patch or any kind of suggestion..please help me..

sorry i don't work on ics, but you can find patches on joaoventura's github & instructions on how to apply them here 3rd post.

This is the same ROM or there is some changes?

no, this is a completely different ROM, full wipe is a must.

zee thanks for reply but sorry i dont know how to apply that following source code and you had added that app in your rom so it will be thankfull if i get a zip patch file...

Guest zeelog

zee thanks for reply but sorry i dont know how to apply that following source code and you had added that app in your rom so it will be thankfull if i get a zip patch file...

all the patch files you need are there, you just need to "follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code." - it's not just about i added the app in my rom, all of my roms are compiled from sources, there are no zip jobs involved. Compiling a ROM is building a ROM from the source code so it means you are building a ROM from the ground up. Porting a ROM to your phones means to take (supposedly with the author's permission) a ROM built for another/same phone and to get it working on yours.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog,

(You evil, evil person you...) There is far to many tweaks in this rom to tweak now... I feel I've only just touched the surface going through the settings now..... ;) :D lol

Fantastic ROM so far, no bugs or faults yet that I can find... Seems very fast too....

Only niggle I have, and its not a fault... Just a setting that I can't find... Is it appears by default that the Status Bar is hidden by default, and if you click the Notifications if you dont select straight away it then disappears.... Is there an option (and where) where it just stays on screen until you click something....

Other than that, thanks for this birthday released rom ;) LOL

Cheers, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

Guest reluctant_traveller

It's ROMs like this that make me want to glue my blade to the back of my SG4.

Amazing what you have managed to squeeze into something as cheap and humble as the wee blade.

Maybe one day you will get to make a PA-AOSPCM-TW (PACT) rom for the Galaxy S4!

Anyway, shouldnt this be called CARP (CM-AOSP-RootBox-PA)?

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest oleks805

no, this is a completely different ROM, full wipe is a must.

i know that "full wipe is a must", i was asking about any changes like new interface or something. Is there any reason to install this version? I have pacman already and i dont see difference betwen these two ROMs

Sorry for my bad english :P

Edited by oleks805

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog,

I think I may of found a bug, although it could just be me... Although Ive not had this problem before on PAC Rom. I know S2E is not officially supported on CM10.1 (last supported version was CM10). However it worked on PAC, however I have wiped and re-flashed this ROM twice now and still the same... Just cant get it to work, and appears to make no difference storage wise?

Anyone else able to replicate this or report back...? Thanks....

@ oleks805,

If your current PAC rom is working 100% fine for you, and ya like the way its setup... Then I wouldnt advise changing to it just yet. If on the other hand, your aware there will be no more updates to PAC, or like to test some new features, then I certainly recomend the new RootBox. It takes some getting use too, but there are enough changes to make it feel totally new... I love the new random coloured Tiles effect, makes it feel very Windows 8-ish... ;) :D

Cheers, Lister

Guest oleks805

Thanks for answer Lister :) maybe i'll try this ROM, but pac is working without any bugs and i like it :D but i like "testing" new ROMs and its new features too, so i've little problem... you're using this ROM now, right? Is there any bugs except S2E (i dont need it :) ) ?

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi oleks805,

Indeed I am testing/using this ROM. I love(d) PAC Roms.... I used it on my Blade, and currently using it on my HP Touchpad too... And I hope to be getting a Samsung N7000 which I plan to use PAC on that too... (maybe I'll be on RootBox on that too by the time I get it...).

If ya like new stuff, defo give this ROM a try, Ive only tinkered with a few of the new features. I really like it so far, feels fast and is stable... Hardly used all the features, and some i do not get what they really do yet... There was mention it had some CM tweaks, but not really found many of these over the original PAC rom???

Would I recomend it?? HELL YEAH!!! :D

Only thing i need someone to confirm/test is S2E, as I really need/use that feature and cant get it to work at all at mo... I tried Links2SD, which although it works... Its no where near as good as S2E...

Cheers, Lister

Guest ZTE Blad3

This might be stupid guestion, but how do i browse my sd card files? :mellow:

Edit: nvm i download sd card manager from play :P

Edited by ZTE Blad3

Guest khadu

as announced earlier in the pa thread, i won't be compiling pac-man rom anymore..instead i'll be replacing it with root-box. Links & some screenshots have been updated accordingly..as stated in the OP, a FULL WIPE is a MUST:

INITIAL RELEASE:

http://goo.im/devs/z...ly-20130702.zip

This is not an upgrade for previous PAC-man roms, it's a completely different ROM, so full wipe IS A MUST.

Main Features:

Pie Controls

HALO

Low Battery Warning options

Battery per-app-colour

Recents styles

Breathing SMS/Missed Calls

AOKP ROM Control

ParanoidAndroid per app DPI/colours

Integrated AOKP Performance Control

different battery styles

& much more.............................

Thanks alot

i hope u will update this rom in future as i read on the official rootbox rom site that it is still in it's initial stages.....

Anyway thanks again :)

Guest oleks805

I'm using this ROM and i have one problem :) waking up is to long,sometimes i must wait 3/4 sec :D oh and another one problem, where is option to disable pages (camera etc) on lockscreen?

Guest khadu

experienced a bug, the mobile data didn't work ,tried alot of times. i am coming from cm10.1 so i obviously did a complete wipe and flashed both rom and gaps. (could be my own problem though; if someone could confirm)

Guest Bundizle

this rom is much better than the previous pac rom which had alot of soft reboots and the battery drain was too much..it being an initial release has alot of potential in it! thanks zeelog!! i have noticed that everytime my phone brings out a popup message that unfortunately, settings has stopped..any solutions??

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog,

Thanks for this epic (birthday release ;) lol) rom... a couple of days in, and still loving it... :)

I've noticed a couple of issues...

1) S2E no longer works/supported in this ROM. (I believe I may of found a fix for it though, as there are some scripts missing in this release compared to PAC)

2) Settings seems to be crashing a lot lately, and Ive not done anything/changes to be the cause of that...

3) Most Apps are in their native 240dpi, unlike PAC. Tried change a few like they were previously, esp 2x Pane Settings App (this was done only hours ago, and is not related to above crashing) but cant seem to make Settings go in 2x Pane.

Other than that, a damn sturdy ROM and look forward to its progress... :)

Lister

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Heeey all,

Just to let you know, after playing around with a few scripts, still cant get S2E to work on this rom... But fear not, Ive found an alternative that works just as well, if not better than S2E and it officially appears to support CM10.1 (aka, Android 4.2.2). So no longer are we stuck on S2E and Android 4.1.x....

Go grab, Mount2SD... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spazedog.mounts2sd

And have fun... :)

Lister