[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Do you have any "task killer" / "memory optimizer" type apps running? Does logcat print anything useful when you turn the screen off, just before it reboots? (my version does not reboot, btw)

It could be unresponsive when it has to trigger out-of-memory killer, merely having many apps opened does not make it unresponsive (at least when they are in paused state).

in my experience skype is really slow on both the blade1 and the blade 3.

Guest KonstaT

New build.

cm-10.1-20130418-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

http://www.mediafire...3n0porwoy49b767

md5:2e4a9bae841fcf9b3f0e9f542213fc58

-add mount point for internal storage

-update kernel display/kgsl drivers

-update adreno blobs

-include live wallpapers & more ringtones

-include total of two wallpapers :P (AOSP and CyanogenMod default wallpapers)

-rewrite device settings

-add option to disable button backlight

Guest toby0897

Thank you thank you thank you you made internal storage usable AND added in the missing wallpapers and ringtones thank you you are a bloody legend thank you kongstat

Edited by toby0897

Guest Otila

Okay. repo is latest git.

/wrk/safari/cvs/android $ reposync

Fetching projects: 100% (360/360), done.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/main.py", line 414, in <module>

_Main(sys.argv[1:])

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/main.py", line 390, in _Main

result = repo._Run(argv) or 0

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/main.py", line 138, in _Run

result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 642, in Execute

project.Sync_LocalHalf(syncbuf)

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1093, in Sync_LocalHalf

lost = self._revlist(not_rev(revid), HEAD)

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2016, in _revlist

return self.work_git.rev_list(*a, **kw)

File "/wrk/safari/cvs/android/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2165, in rev_list

p.stderr))

error.GitError: KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40 rev-list ('^0d733d2bbaa9fd5e13981d182935678ae5d2e507', 'HEAD', '--'): fatal: bad object 0d733d2bbaa9fd5e13981d182935678ae5d2e507

/wrk/safari/cvs/android/device/zte/atlas40 $ git branch

* (detached from e6eeff8)

cm-10.1

/wrk/safari/cvs/android/device/zte/atlas40 $ git status

# HEAD detached at e6eeff8

nothing to commit, working directory clean

Guest KonstaT

/wrk/safari/cvs/android/device/zte/atlas40 $ git branch
* (detached from e6eeff8)
cm-10.1
/wrk/safari/cvs/android/device/zte/atlas40 $ git status
# HEAD detached at e6eeff8
nothing to commit, working directory clean
[/code] Idk, you've done something in device/zte/atlas40 after commit e6eeff8. You can always remove device/zte/atlas40 and repo sync again. I you want to make changes in some project it's best to do it in a separate branch.
[CODE]
repo start branchname ./path/to/project
e.g.

repo start device ./device/zte/atlas40
[/code]

Your committed changed will be then applied on top of upstream HEAD after repo sync if the project has been updated.

Guest Otila

I had not touched anything there, as "git status" showed. e6eeff8162fbcee8cadcb31446a19ca1a64e31f3 was latest update there.

rm -rf was useful, now it started compiling =) had to do the same to vendor/zte and kernel/zte/

BTW my self-compiled recovery 6.0.3.1 (yesterday's) fails to reboot, I wonder is it because of this out-of-sync situation.. I guess reboot works in your recently released version?

if someone wants to get encryption for /data, seems like there's a couple of things to do

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-87

The device's recovery.fstab file needs to include a "length=-16384" option for the /data partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792101

Guest KonstaT

I had not touched anything there, as "git status" showed. e6eeff8162fbcee8cadcb31446a19ca1a64e31f3 was latest update there.

rm -rf was useful, now it started compiling =) had to do the same to vendor/zte and kernel/zte/

BTW my self-compiled recovery 6.0.3.1 (yesterday's) fails to reboot, I wonder is it because of this out-of-sync situation.. I guess reboot works in your recently released version?

Didn't you manually clone those repos before? I already told you to remove them and let repo sync handle it. ;)

Recovery was missing rmt_storage_recovery binary (fixed). It was in my original recovery sources but it's been missing since I merged the actual cm10.1 device sources. There was no need for me to even test the recovery images before yesterday. :P

Guest KonstaT

Any progress with bluetooth ?

No, there's no devices with Android 4.2 and working bluetooth on WCN2243 chip. It probably needs a new vendor library to be written for it. I really don't have the time/energy/interest/skills? to do it at the moment. At least it won't be my next project.

CM10 has bluetooth (and everything) working, you can use it instead. Android 4.2 will always be somewhat hacked together, it shouldn't even run on msm7x27a in the first place.

Bluetooth work? :D

Is it really that difficult to read the first post?

Guest Otila

Didn't you manually clone those repos before? I already told you to remove them and let repo sync handle it. ;)

Yes, I removed them and reposync'ed them with latest repo git version (not the google chrome).

Guest plantroon

KonstaT why did u add wallpapers to it ?? :D Who needs that ??

This is my first smartphone ever and I can say I hate android and the way it works ... also I hate that it is a VM ... hopefully ubuntu for phones will be better as the only thing I need is to chat/browse the internet as fast as possible (and rarely play Real Racing 3). The preview of ubuntu for phones from KonstaT looks very good! It's smoother/simpler than android and u did an awesome job porting it :)

Guest KonstaT

can I install this ROM in skate acqua?

Yes, you can but I won't support it until someone (who has a device) comes up with a reliable and reproducible solution to the wifi issue that plagues some Aqcuas.

Guest plantroon

After upgrading I lost some savegames and some apps disappeared completely... wut's that lol ?? :D

EDIT: I accidentaly changed the disk label of SD card... idk what exactly did that do ... I have a question: What's the best way to format SD card for android? ext4? Last time I tried, the phone said: Blank SD card.. :(((

Also, what partition table should I use and what should the disk label look like ?

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

After upgrading I lost some savegames and some apps disappeared completely... wut's that lol ?? :D

EDIT: I accidentaly changed the disk label of SD card... idk what exactly did that do ... I have a question: What's the best way to format SD card for android? ext4? Last time I tried, the phone said: Blank SD card.. :(((

Also, what partition table should I use and what should the disk label look like ?

vfat label is what e.g. Windows shows as the partition's name, Android doesn't care.

You could try if ext4 happens to work this time. You have only one partition table you can use, so use that :) If you meant which number, make it primary number 1. You can use any label you want which is not already allocated by Android (not sure if it cares about labels, but my Linux does).

Did you create the ext4 fs to device /dev/sdX1 or /dev/sdX ? Should be sdX1 where X is the device..

EDIT: instructions were when sd card was mounted on Linux. Are you trying to do it in Linux mounting the sd card via USB, Windows, as root in Android system or clockworkmod recovery?

Edited by Otila

Guest plantroon

ext4 ain't working ... it shows "Blank SD card" ... :( CWM recovery is pretty bad lol, why do we use it ?? It can't format my sd card... I've heard about something better called TWRP :))) Hopefully ubuntu for phones will be better than all this android crap....

EDIT: I can't get the sd card working ... I messed something up :D it still shows blank sd card even though it's fat32 now

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

ext4 worked for me and it booted, apps worked as before, except that Gallery had some trouble (read earlier posts if you care).

Isn't it normal SD card is blank after you mkfs? ;) Did you copy files there? Do they show up in Android?

Guest plantroon

ext4 worked for me and it booted, apps worked as before, except that Gallery had some trouble (read earlier posts if you care).

Isn't it normal SD card is blank after you mkfs? ;) Did you copy files there? Do they show up in Android?

When saying Blank SD card I mean that android can't use it and wants to format it... which never worked on cyanogenmod for me...

it just doesn't work like this: http://i.imgur.com/zRVn3wM.png What's wrong with it? Now I can't get it working at all cos FAT doesnt work too :D

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

When saying Blank SD card I mean that android can't use it and wants to format it... which never worked on cyanogenmod for me...

Maybe it insists on putting vfat as the first partition? I don't remember. But try making ext4 partition in Windows/Linux..

Guest plantroon

It says:

Disk /dev/sdb: 15.7 GB, 15718678528 bytes

255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1911 cylinders, total 30700544 sectors

Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

Disk identifier: 0x000a9032

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System

/dev/sdb1 63 30700543 15350240+ 83 Linux

Clockworkmod fails to format /sdcard .. also, on the phone I have following folders in /storage: sdcard0, sdcard1, emulated (and this is where it was mount last time I had it working)

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

well you can do "mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1" in Linux (note that this destroys all data on sdb1) if you have not done so already.

permissions had to be 777 on that filesystem, files and dirs, at least for me.

what says "ls -l /sdcard /storage" on Android? (after you have rebooted with that ext4 created and sd card in phone..)

Guest plantroon

well you can do "mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb1" in Linux (note that this destroys all data on sdb1) if you have not done so already.

permissions had to be 777 on that filesystem, files and dirs, at least for me.

what says "ls -l /sdcard /storage" on Android? (after you have rebooted with that ext4 created and sd card in phone..)

The card doesn't show up in android and if I tap mount SD card in Settings - Storage I get that Blank SD card message....

I ran ls -l /sdcard as root:

lrwxrwxrwx root    root	 <today's date>

sdcard -> /storage/sdcard1