[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Woke up early this morning, and the first thing I did was got myself an:

EASTER EGG.

By Going into Settings --> About Phone

Tap Android Version 3 times in quick succession.

Tap the following picture 3 times in quick succession.

Smile.

Exiting the picture (back key) quickly leaves the version number overlaid (just for a moment) on the settings screen.

[url=http://www.modaco.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=2154301]

Already tried it. Sorry for not saying so.

Changing build.prob has no effect in this:

post-996579-0-87192400-1378285379.jpg

I managed to do this via the terminal emulator. Considering it's included in CM by default, there shall be no excuses!!

^^

1. Open Terminal Emulator

2. su (give superuser rights if you haven't previously)

3. sed -i 's/Blade III/Acqua/g' /system/build.prop

I thought it failed too, as I expected it to work immediately. Not so...

4. Reboot

5. Go back to Settings --> About phone --> Model Number

Smile again.

I used the following:

sed -i 's/Blade III/R22 Skate Acqua/g' /system/build.prop

To input my own model name.

post-1007911-0-79997500-1378380436_thumb

NOTE: You MUST mount the system as read/write either before you open the Terminal Emulator app (if you have another app that switches it), or by using the command to mount the system as read/write DIRECTLY after step 2:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /system

Thanks to KonstaT for this neat tip that I'm sure most Acqua users have pondered at least once in their CyanogenMod travels.

@papers you can just use the rename function for windows, but this is better ;-)

Actually, it's not really morning - more just almost midnight. So I'm off to bed. Later.

Edit: Chocolate before bed. Bad idea.

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest Something Wierd

Same goes for the cyanogen mod version but insted of beans you get cm faces.There are different eggs for different versions starting from gingerbread. I really want to know what it would be for kitkat?

Edited by Something Wierd

Guest peetu20

Same goes for the cyanogen mod version but insted of beans you get cm faces.There are different eggs for different versions starting from gingerbread. I really want to know what it would be for kitkat?

Nestes flying schocolade? :P Edited by peetu20

1. Open Terminal Emulator

2. su (give superuser rights if you haven't previously)

3. sed -i 's/Blade III/Acqua/g' /system/build.prop

I thought it failed too, as I expected it to work immediately. Not so...

4. Reboot

5. Go back to Settings --> About phone --> Model Number

Smile again.

I used the following:

sed -i 's/Blade III/R22 Skate Acqua/g' /system/build.prop

To input my own model name.

post-1007911-0-79997500-1378380436_thumb

NOTE: You MUST mount the system as read/write either before you open the Terminal Emulator app (if you have another app that switches it), or by using the command to mount the system as read/write DIRECTLY after step 2:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /system

Thanks to KonstaT for this neat tip that I'm sure most Acqua users have pondered at least once in their CyanogenMod travels.

@papers you can just use the rename function for windows, but this is better ;-)

Actually, it's not really morning - more just almost midnight. So I'm off to bed. Later.

Edit: Chocolate before bed. Bad idea.

Changing build.prop has no effect on the name I see when I connect on the PC (or MAC). I can rename it, but every time I connect the name changes back to Blade III.

Odd.

Here is the build.prop I use. It is adapted for Greek market.

build.rar

The stock photo application has wrong Exif dates. All photos are dated back in 2002! This creates a problem when the photos are uploaded in dropbox. All names are like this:

2002-12-08 12.00.00-2-19.jpg

In the end I have a useless folder.

post-996579-0-69674100-1378387938_thumb.

There is an application to fix this: https://rtg.in.ua/app/acer-exif-fixup/ but I wonder if this can be fixed in the ROM.

The stock photo application has wrong Exif dates. All photos are dated back in 2002! This creates a problem when the photos are uploaded in dropbox. All names are like this:

2002-12-08 12.00.00-2-19.jpg

not just the stock app, i use camera ics and it has the same problem. i think it doesn't matter what app you use.. : /

In the end I have a useless folder.

post-996579-0-69674100-1378387938_thumb.

There is an application to fix this: https://rtg.in.ua/app/acer-exif-fixup/ but I wonder if this can be fixed in the ROM.

just noticed it.. but it doesn't matter what app you use, camera ics does the same thing. : /

Edited by bamdad

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Changing build.prop has no effect on the name I see when I connect on the PC (or MAC). I can rename it, but every time I connect the name changes back to Blade III.

Odd.

Here is the build.prop I use. It is adapted for Greek market.

I don't think you're supposed to be using a build.prop editor if that's what you're up to. I tried that and it didn't work. The instructions above do however. I think its because the command that KonstaT gave makes changes to the build.prop from a system command that must update another property dependent on the name that exists currently.

I've never been able to change it from build.prop itself.

Stoopid fact: Eating 50 Jelly Beans provides your body with 100% of your body's daily intake of sugar. Pity that's only half the packet, and I have trouble stopping. (I'm hooked on bubblegum flavoured JB's myself).

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest peetu20

Stoopid fact: Eating 50 Jelly Beans provides your body with 100% of your body's daily intake of sugar. Pity that's only half the packet, and I have trouble stopping. (I'm hooked on bubblegum flavoured JB's myself).

:P

Guest KonstaT

Already tried it. Sorry for not saying so.

Changing build.prob has no effect in this:

Of course it works. Reboot your phone.

proximity sensor working?? the screen remains dark after the call

proximity calibration option?

Why do ask it here? Is it? There's plenty of apps in the Play Store to verify you get a proper reading from the sensor.

I've also posted the old workaroud but it's only relevant some Acquas. Proximity should work out-of-the-box on Blade III's.

Guest sniper888

Why do ask it here? Is it? There's plenty of apps in the Play Store to verify you get a proper reading from the sensor.

I've also posted the old workaroud but it's only relevant some Acquas. Proximity should work out-of-the-box on Blade III's.

I tested apps: Android Sensor Box, sensor test(ElementSoft), Sensor test(AtmoWorker), Proximity Sensor Finder and AndroSensor!

result: Light sensor working perfect, but proximity not working.

I test phone:

I install Stock rom B08, test apps.. result: working proximity and light sensor perfect.

Guest sniper888

I just bought this phone. Installed this rom and gapps included but can't download from play store... Any idea how to fix this? TIA :-)

google (gmail) login? google Play app working?

Guest sniper888

Somehow, it started working on its own. The second app not working is the modaco forum app... Connecting to server and that's it...

you install this rom by description(*)?

How to install:

1. boot into ClockWorkMod *
  2. backup and restore -> backup (makes a nandroid backup of your previous ROM)
  3. mounts and storage -> format /system*
  4. wipe data and factory reset*
  5. install cm-10.1-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip*
  6. install gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip*
  7. reboot now*

Guest sniper888

anyone any idea?

(I thought the web proxy settings)

go to Settings -> Wifi. Long-click on your network and select 'Modify network'. Scroll down to 'Show advanced options' which should show you the proxy options.

Guest multi13

go to Settings -> Wifi. Long-click on your network and select 'Modify network'. Scroll down to 'Show advanced options' which should show you the proxy options.

Thanks! ^_^

the wifi problem is back.. after some time turning it on hangs the system. someone posted a logcat previously in the cm10 thread iirc. should i try to do one in this system? should i start an [issue] thread for this?

Guest msigmond

I can't reproduce any wifi reconnection issues. Make sure you've installed the ROM according to installation instructions in the third post. Also make sure you haven't restored any settings or wifi passwords etc using Titanium Backup or even Google's backup feature.

Hi KonstaT,

many thanks for your response.

I installed the ROM according to installation instructions, and did not restore anything, as you said.

Still, if I set the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Only when plugged in", the phone is unable to connect to my home Wi-Fi.

In the first hour it seemed that the Wi-Fi was not even switched off, then when two hours later I used my phone again, it was not able to connect to the network (only after I manually turned Wi-Fi Off/On).

I now restored my 10.0 install, and the Wi-Fi works properly with the above settings.

Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards,

Marton

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Hi KonstaT,

many thanks for your response.

I installed the ROM according to installation instructions, and did not restore anything, as you said.

Still, if I set the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Only when plugged in", the phone is unable to connect to my home Wi-Fi.

In the first hour it seemed that the Wi-Fi was not even switched off, then when two hours later I used my phone again, it was not able to connect to the network (only after I manually turned Wi-Fi Off/On).

I now restored my 10.0 install, and the Wi-Fi works properly with the above settings.

Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards,

Marton

did you wipe system? could be some odd bug with some old wifi related files sticking, that's why it works when you flash back to the old rom.