New USB Modem INF file!

Guest PaulOBrien

I had to disconnect my cradle-processes on my comp before plugging it in. If not, the phone would reject. Then it detected it all by itself (after having activated the USB-modem on the phone). Hope this helps.

Here's what I did:

1. Close all processes linked to the cradle by using Taskmanager

2. Active the USB-Modem on your SPV

3. Plug in your SPV to your cradle

4. The computer will now detect a new USB-device

5. Chose type of device

6. Chose a new driver for the USB-device

7. VOILA!

Something like that...

Guest youngerpants

Hmmm, feel a bit thick here (and how i hate to admit that). Activate USB modem, plug into cradle, nothing, no USB device, nothing on scanning for hardware, nada

I have installed (many) devices/ drivers before, my laptop just isnt seeing it (although it syncs fine) Win XP Pro, IBM T21, gutted

Help me MoDaCo, you are my only hope (shameless Star Wars plug)

Guest Pagemakers

These processes are not running.

The phone is found but when I try to apply the inf drivers file it says something like "the location does not contain the drivers for this item".

Guest Pagemakers

Anyway - if this inf file was the real thing, why has it not been officially released?

And if it is the real thing, Orange/MS have buggered it up again.

This is how it should work:

1 Plug item in

2 Item found by Windows

3 Point windows to inf file

4 Item installed

It's SIMPLE. It worked for every other device connected to my PC.

For god's sake, get something bloody right Orange/MS :evil:

I have XP Home (without the DK update) and the device is detected as HTC USB Sync, and the driver returns the same result as before.

Could those that have had it working successfully confirm whether or not the phone has the DK update?

Guest pete1312

I can only agree with Pagemakers!

As far as I've read up on this site so far, the USB Modem Link works ok after the DK update, so what is the point in trying to apply a new modem driver to Windows without that update?

It strikes me (thick as I may be) that's its the SPV's software that is faulty, not the PC's.

Please, please, please correct me if I'm wrong. I only bought my SPV to use as a business tool (especially Modem Link) and am not interested in unlocking, decertifying, games, having to spend hours and hours on this forum and getting nowhere!

Hopefully Mon 24/2 will give me what I want! (though I have very little faith that it will).

Guest Matt Whitfield

Hmmm, no luck at all on Win2K Pro.

I tried killed wcescomm.exe (WCESMgr.exe does not appear on Win2K) and plugging in the phone (with USB modem activated on the phone) and that didn't work.

I tried adding the .inf file as a new modem - that didn't work.

I don't have the DK update installed - not sure if that really makes any difference?

Has anyone got this to work on Win2K with or without the DK update?

BTW, has anyone looked at the .inf file in a text editor?? It's doing some crazy stuff! Hack-tastic...

Cheers,

My laptop (Windows 98 SE) doesn't recognise the inf file (I point to it when trying to do a modem install, and it brings back a blank box)

If I right click on the .inf file and click Install, then nothing seems to happen either.

Anyone else got it working on W98 SE ???