Xolo JB probably by March 10!!!!!!!

Guest XOLO X900

Guest XOLO X900

If any of you see this I'm really sorry for the wrong Information but there is a happy news xolo is launching its new phone tomorrow based on our platform and is said to run jb if so I hope either tomorrow or within a week...

Guest XOLO X900

If any of you see this I'm really sorry for the wrong Information but there is a happy news xolo is launching its new phone tomorrow based on our platform and is said to run jb if so I hope either tomorrow or within a week...

Guest BlueMoonRising

Except it doesn't run on our platform, it's going to be Clover Trail NOT Medfield.

Perhaps your "friend" who is high up in the Xolo hierarchy (does he perhaps work in a mobile phone shop perchance?) could give you some accurate information?

Guest XOLO X900

Except it doesn't run on our platform, it's going to be Clover Trail NOT Medfield.

Perhaps your "friend" who is high up in the Xolo hierarchy (does he perhaps work in a mobile phone shop perchance?) could give you some accurate information?

I asked him and it's just medfield at 2ghz... Happy happy news... :-)

Guest Biohead

If there's a new Xolo flagship, it kind of makes it LESS likely that the X900 will get JB - it's likely to be a marketing method to differentiate between the new phone (with JB) to the X900 (without JB).

The chances of the X900/OSD getting JB are very very slim at this stage. The engineering department MAY have it in their hands - but that's just one small division. It has to go through support and marketing - and that's the hard part.

LOL after all the hype its just another medfield phone clocked at 2 GHz. So much for all the fastest phone in the world gimmick.

I doubt if the speed difference really matters. I've hardly noticed any lag in the x900 so far.

But what biohead says is definitely true, now that they have a new flagship they wouldn't really think about releasing JB for the x900

I am pretty sure this new phone is a flop though. I bought the x900 for INR 11000, x1000 is launched for INR 20000

I am not sure if the extra speed, 720p and JB (minus 8gig storage) is worth almost twice the cost of the x900 (I mean one could just put in some more $$$ and get a Nexus 4)

Guest XOLO X900

LOL after all the hype its just another medfield phone clocked at 2 GHz. So much for all the fastest phone in the world gimmick.

I doubt if the speed difference really matters. I've hardly noticed any lag in the x900 so far.

But what biohead says is definitely true, now that they have a new flagship they wouldn't really think about releasing JB for the x900

I am pretty sure this new phone is a flop though. I bought the x900 for INR 11000, x1000 is launched for INR 20000

I am not sure if the extra speed, 720p and JB (minus 8gig storage) is worth almost twice the cost of the x900 (I mean one could just put in some more $$$ and get a Nexus 4)

True... :-) I love my phone as it is and if the bootloader is unlocked in near future then we'll also go 2ghz... The only thing I envy about the phone is its led notification if available.... I really miss that in this... And if benchmark is a person's priority then go for x500 or q800 is what I say as both provide more than x1000 :-P also we will get jb don't worry

Also even though the x900,x1000and x500 are great it's gpu sucks big time... Xolo X900 suffer the most due to its resolution of 1028/600... Anyway for me it's great...

Edited by XOLO X900

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nadezz

It does go very baggy, and its annoying because it blocks messes with the light detector so when you are trying to end a call it still thinks you are holding the phone to your face (aka screen off)

I really wanna see a hardcase sometime but i am not hopeful

Edited by nadezz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Xolo X900_1

I got the yellow one, fits well, but I think it will go baggy at some point :o

Andrew

Is your phone Xolo or San Diego??? What about the speakers hole???? Also I'm the person who started this thread and made a new account as I don't have my fb password with me... I'm Xolo X900... ;-) :-D

Guest Xolo X900_1

I know I said this before (twice actually) but according to my xolo official friend jb for us is confirmed for 25th this month... I have my hopes up but don't know till what extent its true...

Guest shootomanUK

I know I said this before (twice actually) but according to my xolo official friend jb for us is confirmed for 25th this month... I have my hopes up but don't know till what extent its true...

ask your xolo official friend how to unlock the bootloader !

Guest Xolo X900_1

It's a San Diego and all the holes are correct for leaving the right spaces etc

Is mean xolo has speakers on its sides.... So ill have to cut the holes...

Guest Xolo X900_1

ask your xolo official friend how to unlock the bootloader !

I've asked and he says that xolo doesn't have the control over these phones and Intel is damn adamant that they won't unlock it... Also if xolo does sell enough number of handsets then they can force Intel... Also it's not xolo who make the rom its all Intel... So no devs at xolo with x86 knowledge.... I even asked if we could get the rom signing tool from Intel so that we can compile an unlocked kernel then flash it but it turns out Intel will sue xolo if leaked so nothing for now... Let's see if some Motorola devs help us...

Guest glossywhite

I've asked and he says that xolo doesn't have the control over these phones and Intel is damn adamant that they won't unlock it... Also if xolo does sell enough number of handsets then they can force Intel... Also it's not xolo who make the rom its all Intel... So no devs at xolo with x86 knowledge.... I even asked if we could get the rom signing tool from Intel so that we can compile an unlocked kernel then flash it but it turns out Intel will sue xolo if leaked so nothing for now... Let's see if some Motorola devs help us...

** Really?

That sounds rather unlikely, and particularly like bogus information from your friend, with respect. So, there's no developers AT ALL, working on an x86 product, who have *any* x86 knowledge?

Rigggght... :P

PS: I have 98 "official" friends on facebook, and I would be rather foolish to take every word each of them said, literally! :D :D

PPS: Someone, somewhere *will* leak the required tools, even if not for another year, or however long. Who cares if Intel sue Xolo? Not me - not a solitary *bean*. So long as freedom is preserved and taught to be respected, maybe these corporate bullies will learn from it (eventually, possibly).

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Xolo X900_1

** Really?

That sounds rather unlikely, and particularly like bogus information from your friend, with respect. So, there's no developers AT ALL, working on an x86 product, who have *any* x86 knowledge?

PS: I have 98 "official" friends on facebook, and I would be rather foolish to take every word each of them said, literally! :D :D

PPS: Someone, somewhere *will* leak the required tools, even if not for another year, or however long. Who cares if Intel sue Xolo? Not me - not a solitary *bean*. So long as freedom is preserved and taught to be respected, maybe these corporate bullies will learn from it (eventually, possibly).

Don't you read thoroughly??? Intel makes the rom and signs it... They give it to xolo who JUST UPLOADS THE ROM TO THERE SERVER... Xolo has devs for arm and not x86...

Guest Xolo X900_1

** Really?

Also you dull creature... :P are your only friends from Facebook??? Because I have friends in the real world too... The person who said that jb is gonna be out is a sales head so I'm not sure about his information.... But the one who told me about the unlocking is the person who upload Roms onto xolo server and a person I was introduced to by Vishal Sehgal.... Co founder lava industry....

Guest shootomanUK

I personally doubt it has anything to do with intel as regards unlocking the bootloader, it would be a carrier based descision.

Intel over the years has been very forward in open technology i.e overclocking,developmnent e.t.c, and the customer service is second to none.

So i can't see why intel would not allow it to be unlocked.

The descision would be up to orange,xolo,megafon to allow for release of the unlocking info, but i'd imagine all parties would have to agree on the descicion with regards legalities.

So without a leak of information or all three parties to allow this then we would have to hack the device.

That's why independent device manufacturer's like zte,motorola,htc e.t.c (albeit some only recently) have no quarms about what you do with the device once purchased.

You must remember that this device was never intentionally and probably never will be unlocked unless of an exploit.

Intel make the cpu's and thats it, so why on earth people think intel would unlock it is beyond me.