HELP: Request Official Unlock of ICS Bootloader

Guest jsevi83

Guest smweb

^^ have tried this format

Hi,

Sent to: [email protected]

Subject: Request bootloader unlock code

Body: Hi Sir,

Could you please provide me the requested information to unlock the bootloader.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: XXXXXX

S/N: XXXX

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3), not in Gingerbread.

Thanks!

Edited by smweb

Guest denzele
Let me ask again, because nobody bothered to answer :)

What should I do first, ROOT or UNLOCK bootloader ?

If you want CWM ( and I assume you do want to install custom roms) then root first open bootloader ( official one I hope) then install CWM ...better? ;)

Guest predragiPredrag

If you want CWM ( and I assume you do want to install custom roms) then root first open bootloader ( official one I hope) then install CWM ...better? ;)

Thanks :) yes I want to try Badu and several stock based roms, but there was confusion about order of things :) Hope I get official bootloader code :)

I don't think the order makes a huge difference. But if you want to be safe, the semi-official guide puts rooting before unlocking (though it does not say whether it is that important to follow this order).

I saw that semi official guide but I was just wondering about the order, because in that guide they are basically rooting twice...

But thanks for clarification :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest telonius

Let me ask again, because nobody bothered to answer :)

What should I do first, ROOT or UNLOCK bootloader ?

If you are talking about officially unlocking your bootloader you don't need to be root.

The reason why the guide asks you to have root is because it actually replaces the bootloader.

So no you don't need to be root to officialy unlock your bootloader.

Once you are unlocked you can install your recovery through "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" :)

Guest predragiPredrag

If you are talking about officially unlocking your bootloader you don't need to be root.

The reason why the guide asks you to have root is because it actually replaces the bootloader.

So no you don't need to be root to officialy unlock your bootloader.

Once you are unlocked you can install your recovery through "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" :)

I understand that I don't need root for official unlock :)

Hmm did I understood you right, that if I officially unlock bootloader I don't need to root I just instal CWM with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ??

Guest denzele

Hmm did I understood you right, that if I officially unlock bootloader I don't need to root I just instal CWM with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ??

You don't have to wait for official unlock code just use unlockbootloader.exe hit root then unlock booloader and install CWM ...then flash any rom you like simple...you might be lucky and have no 3G reboots at all which may save you trouble emailing Huawei 3-4 times for official one...why wait ?:lol:

Edited by denzele

Guest telonius

To make things straight here are the steps to install a custom ROM once you have your unlock code.

1) Pull out your battery and wait for 5 secs. Insert it and open the phone in fastboot mode by holding volume down key + power. Connect your phone to pc.

2) Verify you are on stock bootloader and locked by issuing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say LOCKED. If no look for a thread here about "relocking/return to stock bootloader"

3) Unlock the bootloader by issuing the command "fastboot oem unlock myunlockkey" . Verify your bootloader is unlocked by doing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say UNLOCKED.

4) Flash your custom recovery by issuing the command "fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img"

5) Take out your battery and wait again for 5 secs. Reboot phone by pressing volume up + power. You are now on your custom recovery free to install whatever you like

Hope it helps :)

Guest plewis1981

To make things straight here are the steps to install a custom ROM once you have your unlock code.

1) Pull out your battery and wait for 5 secs. Insert it and open the phone in fastboot mode by holding volume down key + power. Connect your phone to pc.

2) Verify you are on stock bootloader and locked by issuing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say LOCKED. If no look for a thread here about "relocking/return to stock bootloader"

3) Unlock the bootloader by issuing the command "fastboot oem unlock myunlockkey" . Verify your bootloader is unlocked by doing "fastboot oem get-bootinfo" it should say UNLOCKED.

4) Flash your custom recovery by issuing the command "fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img"

5) Take out your battery and wait again for 5 secs. Reboot phone by pressing volume up + power. You are now on your custom recovery free to install whatever you like

Just to be clear, do the files go on SD card, and commands issued with command prompt?

Guest predragiPredrag

You don't have to wait for official unlock code just use unlockbootloader.exe hit root then unlock booloader and install CWM ...then flash any rom you like simple...you might be lucky and have no 3G reboots at all which may save you trouble emailing Huawei 3-4 times for official one...why wait ? :lol:

As I have read, the problem with 3G is because people unlock their bootloaders with brute force :) And with official unlock of bootloader problem with 3G doesn't exist. That is why I will

unlock bootloader only if huawei sends me code :)

Ok just to avoid future long messages. I am not new to flashing and custom ROMs ;) I was playing and instaling ROMs on my LG P500 every month :D

But I needed help because of bootloader :) So I just wanted to know best step for installing CWM while officially unlocking bootloader :)

That is why I find strange that I don't need to root phone if I follow your method :)

Thanks for the explanation ;)

Guest PrFirmin

I saw that semi official guide but I was just wondering about the order, because in that guide they are basically rooting twice...

You need to root first to upgrade from baseband 109808 (Gingerbread Huawei ROM) to 2030 (Ice Cream Sandwich Huawei ROM). As this update unroots your phone, you have to re-root it. Hence rooting twice.

The guide tells you to re-root first and then unlock the bootloader but I don't think the order is that important. Actually the reverse order would make more sense since some phones (eg HTC, iirc) have locked bootloaders preventing you to install any root app.

Edited by PrFirmin

Guest plewis1981

Hi guys,

Hope someone can help i have been at this for hours ;(

I have forced update.app to b952,then did update from SD (as i saw a post saying this my help my situation, It didnt ;( ) I do have Android recovery.

When i hold VOL DOWN + POWER to get to fostboot the phone hangs on the boot screen, is this fastboot mode? as my laptop makes the connection sound when i plug in the USB.

When i run

"fastboot get-bootinfo" in command prompt i get the message

"fastboot get-bootinfo" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file,

I saw others where having problems checking the status of the bootloader but still managed to unlock it so it tried

"fastboot oem unlock AA111A1111A11111"

And got

"fastboot oem unlock AA111A1111A11111" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. ????????????????????????????????????????????

This is doing my head in now i have also tride ROOTING the phone but i still get the same messages. USB drivers ARE installed. i have even tried UBUNTU but i have no experiance of LINUX so had no joy there either.

Sorry about the spelling I did my FORCE UPDATE.APP 6 and half hours ago and my head now feels like its going to explode.

Hope someone can help Thanks in advance.

Guest Redflake

Hi guys,

I have forced update.app to b952,then did update from SD (as i saw a post saying this my help my situation, It didnt ;( ) I do have Android recovery.

When i hold VOL DOWN + POWER to get to fostboot the phone hangs on the boot screen, is this fastboot mode? as my laptop makes the connection sound when i plug in the USB.

When i run

"fastboot get-bootinfo" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file,

I saw others where having problems checking the status of the bootloader but still managed to unlock it so it tried

And got

"fastboot oem unlock AA111A1111A11111" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. ????????????????????????????????????????????

This is doing my head in now i have also tride ROOTING the phone but i still get the same messages. USB drivers ARE installed. i have even tried UBUNTU but i have no experiance of LINUX so had no joy there either.

Sorry about the spelling I did my FORCE UPDATE.APP 6 and half hours ago and my head now feels like its going to explode.

Try the scripts posted here http://www.modaco.com/topic/362152-unlock-bootloader-oficially-with-the-code-of-huawei/

Unzip and run the scripts inside.

Makes the whole job easier

Guest denzele
Hi guys,

When i run

And got

No fear batman is here :lol

SD card update did good mate because you're supposed to have Android Recovery on B952 factory one or original one what ewer you want to call it...that means you're CWM you used for flashing is gone (which is good)..what I did after root from unlock bootloader.exe then preform opening bootloader official one..

Reason for errors you getting with cmd ( command windows) is that your path to folder with adb toolkit is not wright (make sure folder adb toolkit contains fastboot.exe that you downloaded from net)..put folder on destkop write path to destkop adb folder go in then you should be ok...and yes t put in fast boot hold vol. Down with power together for a few sec. stays on logo huwaei ascend ( logo from huawei b952)...

Sorry if something is not making sense since I just woke up and morning coffee is yet to make impact on me :ph34r:

Guest plewis1981

Try the scripts posted here http://www.modaco.com/topic/362152-unlock-bootloader-oficially-with-the-code-of-huawei/

Unzip and run the scripts inside.

Makes the whole job easier

I have been trying to download all day but kept getting 404 forbidden as I am on giffgaff until half an hour age when I tethered to my laptopg

ONLY TO FINED HUAWEI SENT ME THE WRONG CODE.

Thanks denzele I will keep that in mined for any future adventures lol never maybe used command prompt once or twice about a year ago when I got my ZTE Crescent

Back to my hacked boot loader for now reboots don't seem to frequent an AOKP

Edited by plewis1981